corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are Civic Type-R's hated on here?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are Civic Type-R's hated on here?
bubble

User status: Offline
30th Sep 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dc2 integra's are simply awesome.

dc5s are nice but more refined.

dc2 is a drivers car
mav

30th Sep 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CTR's are nice cars and nippy.. Just they had a bad reputation due to the drivers really thinking they are the fastest thing out.

But i like them and would maybe have one too...
Gareth

30th Sep 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like them and would have one which is more than i can say about the fabled 106 gti

Followed 1 on track at donnington and the driver was taking it to limits was well impressed
ash_corsa

30th Sep 07 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Shite, get a LCR

5-door family wagon

Audi S3, 225bhp 4wd, get a nice one with low miles for 10k
Adam_B

30th Sep 07 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5-door family wagon, then you suggest a car that is dull to drive and not as quick as it should be
CR7
Banned

30th Sep 07 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
id buy a clio 182 any day over a civic type-r. far better car to drive. go and test them both.

Disagree, got a 172 (same thing) and although its just as quick, rather have a 05 CTR anyday, for the interior alone
CR7
Banned

30th Sep 07 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a Leon Cupra for 9k, wish i'd got a CTR looking back
Rob H

30th Sep 07 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamescorsa97
I was considering buy one 04 or 05 plate.

If you like them, then buy one. There's always going to be better handling/faster cars out there, but you obviously like them, presumably for the looks, cost and reliability factors. Personally if your spending a large wedge of cash, those are more important to me than the fact it's slightly slower than "x", or "y" handles better.
CR7
Banned

30th Sep 07 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your wanting to spend 10k on handling and speed, then really get a Lotus Elise, cant think or anything better really
nik

30th Sep 07 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've owned a lot of hot hatches etc etc bla bla. The CTR is miles faster than a 106 GTi for starters (owned both).

Build quality wise, the Honda is very good, much better than my Evo and the 350z. Handling is pretty decent on them, steering feel is a little vague but it's controlled on the limit with enough feed back.

Torque isn't great as everybody knows, tis doesn't make the car slow. Driven properly VTEC is okay. Not great, not shit.

Realibility wise, the CTR is the BEST car I have ever owned. Nothing ever went wrong with it - I covered 88,000 miles in 3 years with it.

For the money they are a sound buy, I think a decent motor but as always it depends what your after. It's a good all rounder, not brilliant at anything, but not shit at anything.
MoesTavern

1st Oct 07 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I've owned a lot of hot hatches etc etc bla bla. The CTR is miles faster than a 106 GTi for starters (owned both).

Build quality wise, the Honda is very good, much better than my Evo and the 350z. Handling is pretty decent on them, steering feel is a little vague but it's controlled on the limit with enough feed back.

Torque isn't great as everybody knows, tis doesn't make the car slow. Driven properly VTEC is okay. Not great, not shit.

Realibility wise, the CTR is the BEST car I have ever owned. Nothing ever went wrong with it - I covered 88,000 miles in 3 years with it.

For the money they are a sound buy, I think a decent motor but as always it depends what your after. It's a good all rounder, not brilliant at anything, but not shit at anything.

Listen to people who actually know what the're talking about.
Nic Barnes

1st Oct 07 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
I felt it was harsh but fair.

[Edited on 30-09-2007 by MoesTavern]

fuck off with your fair, theres no need for replies like that at all.
CORSA NUT

1st Oct 07 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik

Well said as usual Nik
nik

1st Oct 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why thank you. I always tell it how it is
Nic Barnes

1st Oct 07 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nik

yeah, i guess anyone that has bad words to say about them doesnt have a clue eh? fuckin freak

[Edited on 01-10-2007 by muppetsport]
whitter45

1st Oct 07 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what you want out of a car

for 10 k you could get the following

S3
TT
LCR
BMW 330

the list is endless

Persoanlly I think the CTR is a very good car and as a package its hard to beat

people slate them but its because they have such a cult following

For a stadrad out of the box hot hatch not much can come close it

Yes the 182 is as quick but not aswell built.

Most VAGs feel numb in comparison but thats not a bad thing

Drive them all and make your own decisoin

Everytime I drive my mates it puts a smile on my face but whether I could live with it is another matter
Nic Barnes

1st Oct 07 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cult following by daydreamers that think the fast and furious film was real perhaps

car built for chavs, driven by chavs. nothing else.
whitter45

1st Oct 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really are narrow minded

If it was just for chavs why would 55% of all civics sold be CTR when they are group 17+ insurance

Face it, its a very good car and because of its success it gets people like yourself taking shit

MoesTavern

1st Oct 07 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nik

yeah, i guess anyone that has bad words to say about them doesnt have a clue eh? fuckin freak

[Edited on 01-10-2007 by muppetsport]

Calm down please there is no need to get worked up over this. Although if you want a slanging match I'm sure I could stretch to it, you frustrated, piggy-eyed little northern monkey.
Nic Barnes

1st Oct 07 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
You really are narrow minded

If it was just for chavs why would 55% of all civics sold be CTR when they are group 17+ insurance

Face it, its a very good car and because of its success it gets people like yourself taking shit

success? its slower than its competition?
whitter45

1st Oct 07 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which is??
Nic Barnes

1st Oct 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Calm down please there is no need to get worked up over this. Although if you want a slanging match I'm sure I could stretch to it, you frustrated, piggy-eyed little northern monkey.

your original remark about peoples mothers really shows how much of a fuck up you are. piggy-eyed? wtf that supposed to mean?

Nic Barnes

1st Oct 07 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
which is??

clio 197 or 182
astra vxr
r32 golf
golf gti turbo
206gti 180
mazda 3 mps

all cars aimed at the same market, and all cars are superior due to the civic allegedly being a hot hatch, its not aimed at having a nice interior is it. its supposed to be well rapid on tec init, which its not.
MoesTavern

1st Oct 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

your original remark about peoples mothers really shows how much of a fuck up you are. piggy-eyed? wtf that supposed to mean?

The remark about your mother was a joke as I'm sure you are well aware of, if you take it seriously then you're less intelligent than I've given you credit for. Can we get back on topic please, what cars do you consider as the CTR's competition?

whitter45

1st Oct 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of all the cars you listed there is very little difference in performance

it can do 0 -100 in 16 seconds falt - that is no way a slow car

Yes admittedly in teh wrong gear is very poor but so is a turbo car with the lag

I don't car what you say standard car for standard car the CTR can hold its own

and the 206 GTI 180 is not even in the same league of performance and neither is the heavy 180 Golf GTI

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Are Civic Type-R's hated on here? 22 database queries in 0.2709742 seconds