corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Raarrrfa vs Yankee Doodle arguements...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Raarrrfa vs Yankee Doodle arguements...
Hammer

User status: Offline
26th Nov 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mourinho is in contact with an English club to take over in January apparently, there's only 1 team that can be surely?
Cosmo

26th Nov 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Mourinho is in contact with an English club to take over in January apparently, there's only 1 team that can be surely?

Derby?
Hammer

26th Nov 07 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah RioVerde has already verbally accepted that post Wait until you see the banners at Anfield.....

'KENNNNNNNNYYYYY MILLLLLLLERRRRR'
Cosmo

26th Nov 07 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always liked that Mourinho
Hammer

26th Nov 07 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking hate the cunt, but if he came up to Parkhead and won trophies i couldn't give a shit he'd be my hero
Cosmo

26th Nov 07 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I fucking hate the cunt, but if he came up to Parkhead and won trophies i couldn't give a shit he'd be my hero

I would, atleast at first anyway Not because he was Chelsea's manager, or even a knob in general, but due to the various things he said about Liverpool
Hammer

26th Nov 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen the future....the top thread in match day 'Mourinho is God' Created by Cosm'ourinh'o. Just after leading you to your first Premiership title in decades
strick206

26th Nov 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate the guys style of football

granted it works but fucking hell is it shit to watch
Cosmo

26th Nov 07 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really doubt he will be the next boss, if (or when!) Rafa goes.

The fans will already hate the owners for getting rid of Rafa, let alone appointing Mourinho as the next guy
iceman

27th Nov 07 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im there wednesday have seen both the other home ties at Anfield this season in the champions league i think the problems with rafa and the yanks will be sorted either way after the 2 champions league games and maybe Man Who.. I just hope we dont lose him he has done wonders at anfield
Cosmo

27th Nov 07 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where abouts do you sit mate?
iceman

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Aj.
Yup, i had a quick look but with no joy

Yeah, cant see it either. Ive not seen any links to it on any Liverpool forums either. Will try and find one!!

have a look on www.teamtalk.com plenty on there
iceman

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Where abouts do you sit mate?

In the KOP i think we are in 207 but up in the gods this time
Cosmo

27th Nov 07 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Latest news from my source is....

Rafa will NOT be sacked anytime soon.

Former owner and life President, Moores, has spoken to Both H&G aswell as Rafa to try and get things sorted out, and told G&H that getting rid of Rafa now would set the club back years aswell as be a PR disaster for the pair.

Gillett has always agreed with this, and is a big fan of Rafa and his ideas, but it is Hicks who doesnt agree. This all stemmed from just after the CL final last season where Rafa came out and said G&H werent acting quick enough to provide the funds - this pissed off Hicks and he wanted rid of him then, but Gillett refused to allow this.

This has caused a small arguement between the two owners, as Hicks still wants him gone, but he cant push this through himself. Its rumoured he has been saying this stuff to the media recently to force Rafa into a shitty place and get rid of him.

Its also been said that they dont agree over the funding of the new stadium. Hicks wants to borrow all the money and do a similar thing as United with the loan, but with some of it on them personally. Gillett however wants to put in around £50-100m each of their own money, and then secure the rest personally how it currently is.

This has caused a fairly big rumour that Hicks possibly wants out. And both Gillett and Parry have been speaking with Robert Kraft who has previously wanted to invest and is a good friend of Parry, about taking his share over.

Not sure how much of this is true, but from a fairly reliable source in the past.
Tom

27th Nov 07 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

weird

Sounds like hicks is a bit of a tit tbh

Not sure we wana get kraft bloke either unless he agrees completely. Anyway could all be bullshit, as long as they sort it out without rafa going not that assed.
Cosmo

27th Nov 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I think Hicks is the sort of guy who doesnt want to take any shit form anyone, and tbh its probably what has got him the billions he has today so is to be expected.

Kraft was always willing to invest in the past, but never wanted to buy the whole club, or atleast that was the story at the time from both him and Parry. Would be an interesting thing to happen, as he is also a big 'sports franchise' owner in the US, and helped a lot with the stadium design.

We'll see, at the end of the day it doesnt really effect how the club is currently run, as money will be available in Jan, and Rafa will still be here.
Tom

27th Nov 07 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose so
Cosmo

27th Nov 07 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great read for those who care...

http://englishfootballpost.com/news/2007/11/27/is-the-rafalution-coming-to-an-end/
Tom

27th Nov 07 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This man speaks sense cosmo:

I was really dissappointed with what Shane McCarthy wrote, here’s a snapshot of modern football for any fans taht need a bitesize education: football is a game of passion, it affects our everyday lives, it has done so far and will do to my dying day, I love Liverpool, I love this club soo much, soo much so that i wouldnt dream of writing anything i didnt believe to be true, ive watched football since i was a kid, and i watch it non stop, ive studied international journalism at university and i think that the situation at the minute is mad. Football’s a game of snap judgements and quick assessments of both onfield and off field matters, the majority of people on this planet are of below average intelligence, this is true, and they will believe pretty much anything they are told on tv, newspapers and any other media there is, the ability to think for oneself and come to individual assessments and opinions is a great quality. Liverpool fans are a rare breed, the majority of us actually think, my little cousin was just in my house an hour ago askin me to help him out with his coursework, he asked me: “do u want mourinho?” i couldnt believe it!!! I told him pretty much what i tell the public now, sacking Rafa Benitez would me a monumentally massive mistake, one which would haunt every single Liverpool fan who questions his position for years, no decades to come, have we forgotten how far weve come with this man, have u all got amnesia? A European Cup (for all 90’s fans that’s a Champion’s League guys) in his first season in England (that’s a new country guys, why dont u all load up a new game of Football Manager and see the amount of players you know in La Liga, you’ll get a shock), he didnt speak English, with the exception of Carragher, Hyypia. Finnan, Hamann, Gerrard, and Kewell this man inherited an awful squad, so far off the pace that it’d make your head spin, he won the fa cup in his 2nd season and achieved a great final league position, last season he got us to the Champion’s league final, again, we outplayed Milan, and if we had taken our chances we’d be singin “we won it 6 times!!!”, this year were unbeaten, in my opinion will qualify for the next round of the Champion’s league, we will challenge strongly for the title this year, but i firmly believe that Rafa will deliver the Premiership Title that we all crave either this year or next season. Man Utd fans are drooling over the possibility of us losing Rafa, believe me they are, they know that Rafa represents the biggest threat they’ve seen from a Liverpool side in 18 years to their domestic supremacy. Reina, Finnan, Agger, Carragher, Alonso, Gerrard, Masherano, Torres, Crouch, Babel, Benayoun: all class players. Dudek, warnock, traore, biscan, smicer, diao, cheyrou, le tallec, baros, diomede……… there is a trend here, Benitez’s work speaks for itself, let him work, he’s done amazingly so far and is continuing to do so, it’s been a very promising start to the season. I leave everyone who reads this with 1 last thing: Real Madrid won 2 champions leagues in 3 seasons with the underappreciated Claude Makelele at the heart of it all, once he was removed it all fell apart, the team who signed him from Real only went on to win 2 Premierships on the trot and were impressive in all competitions, except for the Champion’s League where a currently undervalued Rafa Benitez showed that money doesnt buy you total success, it helps when spent wisely. The Beatle’s sang “Money Can’t Buy Me Love”, throwing money at a second rate rafa replacement will probably bring limited success, but probably nothing sustained, for sustained success, it has been proven time and time again in football that you need continuity, Rafa can give us this: Rafa can make us fall in love with this club all over again like we did in the 70’s and 80’s, let him do it. The Beatle’s had the right ideas, so does Rafa. Trust him

Original article was good, but this a fan who knows what he's on about. We don't wana lose rafa full stop
Cosmo

28th Nov 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently the players he mentioned that he will now miss out on if they dont act fast are...

One small fee Player - Kiladze for £4m
2 South American Players - Lulinha and Eduardo Ratinho
2 Bosman Players - no idea!
Tom

28th Nov 07 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard of lulinha
Cosmo

28th Nov 07 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Jiz was saying he looks impressive IIRC.
Tom

28th Nov 07 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah wondered where I'd heard it

Probably missed out now though
Robbo

28th Nov 07 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kaladzhe and also Tomas Ufjalusi are both class defenders
Cosmo

28th Nov 07 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Other things coming out are that Gillett's son, Foster, who is running the club day to day with Parry, see's Rafa as some visionary, and really thinks he knows what he is doing. He is the one helping to push the drive for all the best young players they can get hold of, and is tryng his best to make sure Rafa is supported with the cash he needs to compete.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Raarrrfa vs Yankee Doodle arguements... 23 database queries in 0.0178161 seconds