corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Shit + fan =

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shit + fan =
iceman

User status: Offline
14th Jan 08 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I thought i read today the deal for Sissoko was unlikely to happen?

Benitez is on borrowed time imo, wont be the manager next season i don't think.

Suprised they went and discussed him taking over though, Klinsmann possibly knocked them back hence the "insurance policy" comments

No, the Sissoko deal will happen to either Juve or Inter. Plus Valencia and Athletico have expressed their interest now so he is gone.

Im not sure yet if Rafa will go or not. I dont think he will as they've had the perfect opportunity to do so now, plus they are seemingly backing him in this transfer window which isnt the sign of a manager who will be gone in the summer.

Agree here with cosmo a manager on the way out in the summer is very unlikely to get any money for transfers in the jan Window

I do believe that all this unrest if way effecting the players, even thought they say its not, not that im saying this is a valid reason for the drop in there performances recently.

Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Where do you lack?

Another forward...be it a really attacking winger or another forward to play alongside Torres. We control games constantly at the moment, and have had more shots on goal than any other team in the Prem. We just cant convert these chances due to Crouch/Voronin/Kuyt being bollocks.

And if Im really being picky we need a left back.
iceman

14th Jan 08 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where do you lack?

we lack a creative winger ... dare i say it like Ronaldo
JM Curdy

14th Jan 08 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where do you lack?

depth
Marc

14th Jan 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think with Torres, Kuyt and Crouch you have enough.

I'm still not convinced by Pennant and Kewel hardly plays so maybe you're right about the winger.
iceman

14th Jan 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Where do you lack?

Another forward...be it a really attacking winger or another forward to play alongside Torres. We control games constantly at the moment, and have had more shots on goal than any other team in the Prem. We just cant convert these chances due to Crouch/Voronin/Kuyt being bollocks.

And if Im really being picky we need a left back.

I think he needs to play babel up front with torres and buy in a decent winger who can supply the front men with chances

We lack Creativity

[Edited on 14-01-2008 by iceman]
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think with Torres, Kuyt and Crouch you have enough.

I'm still not convinced by Pennant and Kewel hardly plays so maybe you're right about the winger.

Neither Kuyt or Crouch are scoring, and both are getting a decent amount of games before you say that!

Pennant has been injured for a while now, but was playing really well before that. And I think Kewell is finished TBH.
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iceman
I think he needs to play babel up front with torres and buy in a decent winger who can supply the front men with chances

We lack Creativity

Im not so sure. I afree Babel should be upfront, 100%, but we are creating a lot of chances, its finishing them that we are struggling with.
Marc

14th Jan 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Neither Kuyt or Crouch are scoring, and both are getting a decent amount of games before you say that!

And I think Kewell is finished TBH.

Good point!

So you need a prolific (second) goal scorer and at least one goal scoring winger!
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Good point!

So you need a prolific (second) goal scorer and at least one goal scoring winger!

Possibly...personally I think Babel is one of those players, so we just need one more. As I posted in the other thread I think this may be a formation Rafa is considering (so we'd need a goalscoring/creative player for behind front 2)...

---------------------Reina-----------------------
Arbeloa----Carra---------Agger-------Aurelio
--------Alonso-----Gerrard-----Masch--------
------------------NEW PLAYER-----------------
---------Torres-----------------Babel-----------

Or IMO....

-------------------------Reina------------------------
------------Carra------Skrtel------Agger-----------
Arbeloa--------------------------------------Aurelio
----------------Alonso--------Masch----------------
-----------------------Gerrard-----------------------
----------------Torres----------Babel---------------

But that one would mean we need two topclass wing backs.
Tom

14th Jan 08 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if your gonna play wingbacks you need two awesome players there.

Marc

14th Jan 08 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So essentially an attacking midfielder?

Not too sure what to make of the second line up. Are you saying it would fine like that or you would need replacements for Arbeloa and Aurelio?
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not too sure what to make of the second line up. Are you saying it would fine like that or you would need replacements for Arbeloa and Aurelio?

No, it would be fine like that for the majority of games, but to be a really good side I think we'd need two better wingbacks, certainly for the LWB position.

And yeah and no to an attacking midfielder, as Gerrard in that formation would be that sort of player. More of a creative link man between the two forwards and the midfield, like Berbatov really but not stupidly over priced.
Tom

14th Jan 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

He's saying unknown terriroty with arbeloa so far.

Aurellio is a weak-ish player using that system, I would agree.

That position in first is not strictly an attackign midfielder imo it's a 3rd striker.

Depends, all players seem to swicth positions during games these days also, tactical skills are getting more complicated
iceman

14th Jan 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No, it would be fine like that for the majority of games, but to be a really good side I think we'd need two better wingbacks, certainly for the LWB position.

And yeah and no to an attacking midfielder, as Gerrard in that formation would be that sort of player. More of a creative link man between the two forwards and the midfield, like Berbatov really but not stupidly over priced.

how abt our reserve left back his name escapes me
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insua. He is still young and needs some more experience before he could be thrown in there.

Riise when he is on form could do a great job, but we havent seen that sort of form from him for 18months now IMO.
iceman

14th Jan 08 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Insua. He is still young and needs some more experience before he could be thrown in there.

Riise when he is on form could do a great job, but we havent seen that sort of form from him for 18months now IMO.

thats the chap been watching the reserves recently he is a very good player, along with a few of the reserves who i think should get a chance,i agreee with riise have been very dissapointed with him this season,

Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, some great players in the reserves.

Leto is another who is really close to coming through to the first team, and wouldnt be surprised if he went on loan for the rest of the season to Spain and then came back in the summer ready to push for a place.

He actually has the skill to play in that sort of creative/3rd striker sort of position.
Marc

14th Jan 08 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If I was Rafa I'd be getting a little annoyed at him trying hos long shot trick every time he gets the ball. Fair enough when hes on target he puts away a good goal, but how many wasted shots does he take when he could just pass to someone who has a chance of scoring
Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, I think the commentator said its been 16months since he has scored or something...and its not from a lack of taking a shot
iceman

14th Jan 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

If I was Rafa I'd be getting a little annoyed at him trying hos long shot trick every time he gets the ball. Fair enough when hes on target he puts away a good goal, but how many wasted shots does he take when he could just pass to someone who has a chance of scoring

i agree with this everytime riise gets the ball and lines up a shot im like oh which row is this going to hit

problem is when he is on his game he is amazing, his workload is high and he has great vision i just think he needs a confidence booster
Tom

14th Jan 08 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to say about leto he could break through imo soon.

That's the problem with riise, if he scores one of those though he'll defo score at least a few more in the season, it wouldn;t suprise me if he hits form again soon, it;s about time and we'll no doubt have everyone hitting form soon enough and finishing strongly. We need to change something pre-season imo, routine or something.

Insua aint ready yet...heard talk of him going on loan recently

Cosmo

14th Jan 08 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I think a few of the players in the reserves will end up going on loan as that league is just a pile of shite.
iceman

14th Jan 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

match practise is good as long as its regular and the standard is suitable... loan deals for our reserves area good idea providing the choice of team is correct
Tom

14th Jan 08 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i can only imagine the damage guthrie is suffering at bolton

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Shit + fan = 23 database queries in 0.0159941 seconds