corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nurburgring in August.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nurburgring in August.
Paul_J

User status: Offline
18th Jan 08 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
i dont get it.....

people go all this way to drive a mega tricky track.... when they prob havent even got the hang of driving a simple track at speeds...

doh

Yeh that's the problem imo... Most people who go have never even been on a single track day and because they've played it on the ps2, they think they'll be ace.

Then they go there and do one of two things...

A ) Mince round at a astonishing slow speed being overtaken by / holding up loads of car (but in their head they thought they were quickest out there)

or

B ) Drive the track like they do on the ps2 or raggin around country roads at home and that most basic lessons of track driving you'd experience on your first track day (don't brake mid bend, lift off oversteer, etc) causes them to lose it

I still recommend going though
Steve X16XE

18th Jan 08 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adam54
steve i have been viewing a few of the crash videos on youtube and have decided im not going.....lol, only kiddin but i think al take my first lap rather steady, and im deffo sorting the ibiza's brakes out, and a couple of other things before august!

Yo Adam, don't wind me up like that

I've got my eye on your mates Type R
Steve X16XE

18th Jan 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

A ) Mince round at a astonishing slow speed being overtaken by / holding up loads of car (but in their head they thought they were quickest out there)

That'll be me
AndyKent

18th Jan 08 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was going, I'd definately get myself a track session in the UK first - whatever it costs.
I bet you'd have a far better time if you actually have half an idea what you're doing, than turn up and hope you drive ok.
Gaz

18th Jan 08 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
My mate is bullying me to go with him and a few of his mates.

I'm all up for it BUT in my Corsa with a loud exhaust stripped interior 1/3 of a dash left (clocks, thats it). No heater and no music.

Will the end result justify the jurney?

your a pussy if you have to ask yourself that question... xxx
Steve X16XE

18th Jan 08 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
quote:
My mate is bullying me to go with him and a few of his mates.

I'm all up for it BUT in my Corsa with a loud exhaust stripped interior 1/3 of a dash left (clocks, thats it). No heater and no music.

Will the end result justify the jurney?

your a pussy if you have to ask yourself that question... xxx

woof woof
Paul_J

18th Jan 08 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

That'll be me

You'll still have a laugh mate Half of nurburgring was the culture. We went with a group of about 14 of us i think it was (maybe more?) - but we were all there for same reasons, all had been on track together before etc... Was great, each day, would wake up at 8 ish, have breakfast, drive up to the track, go for a lap / passenger lap / walk around the car park... Go drive round to watch the track action from a part of the track, come back do some laps etc etc... then back to hotel, then go to a restaurant as a group, walk into the town and have a few drinks... come back to hotel, have a few drinks... go to bed. and repeat

as long as you don't end up being B in the above - as it's v.expensive if it all goes wrong.
Steve X16XE

18th Jan 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm liking that idea. I've been round the mini nurburgring (cadwell park). Thats quite easy to learn. But when you've got just over 13 miles, i don't care if you say you've done 6 months straight on the playstation, you still don't know the track that well.
Gaz

18th Jan 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will remember alot of the turns and strights from games, but not dips bumps and acctual speeds.
I do think that a console is better that nothing though.
Do not take note of corner speeds from a console though as you may well push to hard.
Steve X16XE

18th Jan 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do it in some super car then go round in mine and think, i can take this corner at 150+, why doesn't it work in my little corsa
Gaz

18th Jan 08 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmfao,
That enzo does this corner so much quicker and why can i not get up that freaking hill!
Steve X16XE

18th Jan 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
lmfao,
That enzo does this corner so much quicker and why can i not get up that freaking hill in to 3rd !

Gaz

18th Jan 08 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

18th Jan 08 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm liking that idea. I've been round the mini nurburgring (cadwell park). Thats quite easy to learn. But when you've got just over 13 miles, i don't care if you say you've done 6 months straight on the playstation, you still don't know the track that well.

To be honest, I drove the nurburgring after doing about 1000 laps on GT4 and it doesn't teach you 'how to drive it' - but it does teach you exactly where the track is going.

Knew my way around on 1st lap already by playing the Ps2! it's practically identical to Gt4... I recommend learning it on there before tackling it for real, as there are a lot of blind / surprise corners going up or down.
Paul_J

18th Jan 08 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
lmfao,
That enzo does this corner so much quicker and why can i not get up that freaking hill!

well to be fair, before I went I was doing like 7 mins 50 laps in a '106 gti' in GT4

end of the day the game is not realistic and you have no risk of dying in a game

but yeh wise words, just use GT4 to learn where the track goes lefts + rights. then take it easy when you got there.

I did a low 9 minute bridge to gantry time (with at the time a bodged car) but we felt like we were flying and overtaking loads of cars. So don't expect to be doing GT4 lap times for real.
BlueCorsa

18th Jan 08 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went there this week, track is closed at the moment though. Couldn't believe it was €21 to go round. IMO best way is to book the BMW M5 ring-taxi - €180 but faster and risk free than driving yourself.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nurburgring in August. 22 database queries in 0.0128410 seconds