corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Close shaves, how lucky have you been?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Close shaves, how lucky have you been?
Neo

User status: Offline
21st Jan 08 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My only near miss was when i was driving up to meet t8jjsport to get my alloys

Went round a corner in the wet slightly too fast, car started sliding slightly and then came back to control....needless to say myself and Pow both shat ourselves
16V_1600

21st Jan 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my first MR2, I went up a wet slip road round a bend, within the speed limit but it was wet, back end stepped out a touch, caught the slide narrowly missing going broadside into a concrete divider

[Edited on 21-01-2008 by 16V_1600CS]
mwg

21st Jan 08 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Left braking too late coming up to a roundabout, went on too fast, spun right round. Was late at night, didn't hit any cars or kerbs.

Slowed me down ever since, scared the crap out of me and it must be a good 2 or 3 years ago now.
Hamish

21st Jan 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
quote:
Originally posted by Hamish
more importantly what were you doing 70 on a back road for?

Its cause of people like you, why where living in a PC country. Hypocrite, as if you've never done it.

calm down
Pucci1

21st Jan 08 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my nova,

going down some country roads at 50-55 got to a corner decided to slow down only to meet a landrover a locked on the brakes skidded into a ditch.

guy in landrover came out asked if i was ok, then asked if i wasnt to be towed out, but i didnt needed to be towed the nova just started back up flickking mud everywhere and off i was again

my corsa was down town (d's) was a bit of fuel and rain on the top corner (staples side) and front understeers and back over steered only just missed the kerb. 2 of my mates flashed me and pulled me over to tell me how lucky i was lol...

country lanes in my corsa was doing 60 and another car coming the over way i braked he didnt so i turned my wheels hit the kerb and the kerb staightened me up and clipped his wing mirror...

and thats about all i can think of at the moment.
Huwsi

21st Jan 08 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's the lad who had the Brocade yellow corsa that got rear ended by a lorry?

That was a pretty bad one
Hamish

21st Jan 08 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was monster. That wasnt a near miss though was it
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Jan 08 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holy shit hamish is on the ball today
Arctic_Monkey

21st Jan 08 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
lost the back end in my old mans beemer on a round about while showing off. was pretty scary! if i crashed that i probably would get murdered!
Had a few scary moments in my old corsa, hit a bridge in it after hitting some black ice, needed a few parts! and the usual scary moments you have when your going a little too fast!

Hows the car arctic monkey? would be gutted if you damaged it cos i love it too much!

lol was that the hump-back bridge incident?? The car is fine mate, really lucky i never clipped anything. Had the standard sport wheels on, don't know how much better the grip would have been with the speedlines and better tyres on..
Hamish

21st Jan 08 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
holy shit hamish is on the ball today

GT190

21st Jan 08 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was driving at about 50 in a 40.

guy on the other side of the road decided to overtake the car in front.
just missed my car by inches.

corsa - gus

21st Jan 08 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Arctic_Monkey
quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus
lost the back end in my old mans beemer on a round about while showing off. was pretty scary! if i crashed that i probably would get murdered!
Had a few scary moments in my old corsa, hit a bridge in it after hitting some black ice, needed a few parts! and the usual scary moments you have when your going a little too fast!

Hows the car arctic monkey? would be gutted if you damaged it cos i love it too much!

lol was that the hump-back bridge incident?? The car is fine mate, really lucky i never clipped anything. Had the standard sport wheels on, don't know how much better the grip would have been with the speedlines and better tyres on..

Nah, the hump back bridge incident was more just utter stupidity than a near miss as i didn't nearly die. . . whereas the car did

How come your back to standard wheels mate? thinking of selling?
glasgow_corsa_c

21st Jan 08 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost the back of my old car slowing down from 120 on a sliproad...

back touched the barrier then i spun on grass narrowly missing a road sign by 2 feet.

only got a scuffed bumper and buckled wheel outa it
Arctic_Monkey

21st Jan 08 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glasgow_corsa_c

back touched the barrier then i spun on grass narrowly missing a road sign by 2 feet.

That's pretty lucky mate...was that in Glasgow it happened?
drax

21st Jan 08 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ripped the front left wheel off my old corsa a few years ago, sent my across the road at about 50 mph, into a speed limit sign, the pole came through the rear quatre panel about half a foot from where I was sitting.

Got out with abit of glass in my hair.. and went to thorpe park the next day, was ment to be driving got a lift instead
Adam_B

22nd Jan 08 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bounced across the kerbs at old anglesey track, just missing a tyre wall. Also span at nurburgring and stopped about 3 inches off the barrier going backwards, that was fucking scary.
All Torque

22nd Jan 08 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my first car (corsa) when I went to Great Yarmouth i was going around a roundabout and heard a siren behind me and managed to jump the red lights AND cut through the traffic that was coming across my path on a green light while looking over my right shoulder in my blindspot.

Might have caused a tinsie snafu doing that...

[Edited on 22-01-2008 by All Torque]
nik

22nd Jan 08 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hit some oil once in my old Tommi Makinen just as I came on boost in 3rd, fishtailed allover the place for about 200 yards with a rather steep bank to my left
Adam-D

22nd Jan 08 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a couple that spring to mind,

on a slip road which seemed to go on for ever, tight bend, in my van.
back end stepped out 2nd gear planted it and some opposite lock, all was good.
was scary but good at the same time.

another coming off a motorway in the van, round a bend again back end went,

coming up to a roundabout "in the van" and back went out i sorta aimed for the gap in the traffinc on the roundabout and went for it. whoever was in the citroen picasso musta shit.

ps a corsa combo van with no load is quite tail happy

oh and going to a nw meet came up to a roundabout in the sport. i stepped the back out for a laugh and erm went a bit far endded up stopping on the line nice and straight then the tyre smoke past me

im a good boy now, i drive a mondeo
WU-TANG- DAN

22nd Jan 08 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both times i've been passenger, once we were following a friend up a country lane and he managed to flip it over going up a up a tight over-the-brow hill corner, i thought the car would land on us due to the shape of the road!

passenger to a driver who accidently got sideways infront of a lorry and corrected it just in time
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

22nd Jan 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one crash, been a 17 year old new driver ( stupidty from me ) doing 95 mph on a quite bendy backroad, spun out did 3 360's hit a kurb and rolled it 6 times into a field was about 3 meters away from a telephone line could have been dead. now im 18 and never doing anything like that again ( pics in garage ) all 4 of us walked out i cracked 3 ribs and had concusion

mostt annoying thing was i resprayed the car 3 days before, didnt even have time to polish it up

[Edited on 22-01-2008 by Markus]
glasgow_corsa_c

22nd Jan 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Arctic_Monkey
quote:
Originally posted by glasgow_corsa_c

That's pretty lucky mate...was that in Glasgow it happened?

falkirk/ grangemouth stretch of motorway ... scuff on the barrier has just faded recently i'm told
CorsAsh

22nd Jan 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Huwsi
I almosed died yesterday; i lost the back end of my std. Corsa sport on the horseshoe pass nr wrexham and this is how it went; Was going round a bend doing 45mph in a 60 and spun 4 times, went for the opposite 10ft bank and hit it going backwards. The car launched off that, landed on two wheels and stopped, balancing on a 3ft kerb. Which was less than 10 yds from a 1200 ft drop. I had someone watching over me imo. Damage was a split alloy, tracking out and a bit of mud on the car. I'm still shaken

[Edited on 21-01-2008 by Huwsi]
Horseshoe pass is mental, closest to the Stelvio Pass in the UK probably
AndyCorsaSport

22nd Jan 08 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost back end of the Corsa on a roundabout on a ring road at about 70. Skidded sideways for ages, was opposite steering, ended up going up the kurb but on the flat bit where someones drive was, then stopped on there lawn.
Kurt

22nd Jan 08 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had 2 crashes..

first time i was on my way home, going through traffic lights crossroad.. i was going straight.. queue of traffic turning right and a brand new at the time vectra c pulled from head on straight across infront of me. ended up hitting its rear quarter/boot area and spinning it and it bent all the front passenger side.. ended up writing mine off

then my latest crash a few months ago i was just on my way to work down the lanes and the road must have been slippy and the back end twitched out so steered out of it and put it in a hedge.. thought i was going to go through the hedge or something!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Close shaves, how lucky have you been? 22 database queries in 0.1234448 seconds