corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 5 Years driving, had to have a crash sometime right? *UPDATE 26/2/08 car = dead*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 5 Years driving, had to have a crash sometime right? *UPDATE 26/2/08 car = dead*
whitter45

User status: Offline
26th Feb 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
After looking through more pics of the irmscher astra coupe i'm swaying towards the coupes. I've always liked them, think it would have to be the 2.0 turbo version though, not to sure what the 2.2s are like?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/379467.htm

don't bother with the 2.2 - if your not getting a turbo get the 1.8
AdZ9

26th Feb 08 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read this alot, not much difference between the 1.8 and 2.2 is there? I'd probablly have to sway towards the 1.8 anyway as i haven't done an insurance quote yet.

Although i'd choose the 2.0T over it anyday
James_DT

26th Feb 08 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Do you have to declare that though? On the online forms it says claims in past 3yrs, now if its been settled by the other party without your ins co having to do a thing then its not really a claim is it

Yes most insurance companies now ask if ypu have had any cliams over the past 3 years regardless of fault

Quite. Direct Line, for example, still ask you to declare a no claim accident. A no claim accident doesn't affect your premium with Direct Line.
AdZ9

27th Feb 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done an insurance quote on an Astra Coupe Turbo 2.0, did everything and said i'd made a claim but it was 3rd party crashing into me and a full recovery was made etc, to my surprise it only came to £533 a year, half of what i expected!
AdZ9

28th Feb 08 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like im only going to have the hire car for about another 5 days so need to find a car sharpish i think!

I've been looking at different cars and it seems that the only car really in my budget that can offer me everything such as Speed, comfort etc is the Astra Coupe turbo. If i get my loan for 3 yrs and plan on having the car for 3 yrs i can't see a point in me getting a 172 or something as i don't think in 3 yrs i'll want it.

I've seen a local turbo in that nocturno blue (i think?) colour in a garage but it has 60,000 miles on it. I do roughly 10-11k a year so would put it near the 100k when i go to sell it on, but its only £4500 now so i can't see a massive drop in money?

Anyone got any other recommendations along the lines of a Astra coupe as it gives me the speed and comfort factor (and easy to mod and look good).

Was thinking of a Seat Leon but in my range i can only really get Cupras, and i dont like the look of them compared to the Cupra R's, plus i'm not sure on how fast/comfy the 1.8 20v Turbos are?
BigSte

28th Feb 08 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what was the book price on your car? Never accept there first offer, you can easily talk them into giving you more money. I bought my first car for £1700, drove it for 2 years before it was written off.... argued the toss when they made me an offer saying stuff like well looked after and tidy, worth a lot more than a standard run of the mill motor and they paid me £2750
AdZ9

28th Feb 08 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all fairness, I need a car asap really as i travel 30 miles to work every day, and really dont want to have to train it constantly! As long as the amount pays off my loan (which it does) then thats all I care about really, just want rid of the whole situation!

I've been looking still at this Astra Coupe Turbo near me for £4795, only thing is it has 60k miles, but has full service history etc, just gotta speak to my dad and get his view on it
AdZ9

28th Feb 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rang up the place with the Turbo coupe and it seems they aren't an actual garage/dealership. Called themselves car "dealers" but if you want warranty you have to pay some external insurance company etc. Said it had full service history etc but i asked if the cambelt/water pump was done at about 45k miles and he said no, so that would need to be done :/ seems a bit iffy now as it could of been mis treated before, turbo probablly smokes too

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 5 Years driving, had to have a crash sometime right? *UPDATE 26/2/08 car = dead* 22 database queries in 0.0165691 seconds