corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 18yr old + 2008 M5 .......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 18yr old + 2008 M5 .......
mattk

User status: Offline
1st Feb 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you learn to control a high speed blow out or a high speed skid in a high powered car, respecting the car IMO is enough to prevent the high speed skid

The blow out would be one of those things that would have to be dealt with by instinct and partially luck,

The skid I supposed could be taught on a skid pan I suppose

A high speed blow out though could be tragic in any car
Ben G

1st Feb 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the point in having a 500bhp car and not use the horses provided though?

i guess thinking about being in the car and actually being in it, pedals in front of you and able to do what you want, you would push the limits, just like any bloke would i think.
FruitBooTeR

1st Feb 08 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only just read this thread, just finished reading through the threads on that site

R.I.P

mattk

1st Feb 08 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont for a second belive its possible to even touch the boundarys of an M5`s limits on a public road, just like I dont think its possible go get any modern superbike to 75% of its ability on a road.

Im not for a second saying I would enjoy the car and have fun with it, im just not the biggest risk taker
G.C.M

1st Feb 08 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a fairly tragic story this and i do feel sympathy for the lads and their families left behind.

I can laugh at death, but, i dont take the piss, so, at least in some weird way, they died doind something they were enjoying.

mattk

1st Feb 08 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but so pointless
G.C.M

1st Feb 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
but so pointless

Oh mate, nothing but the truth there, could have so easily been avoided but seems these boys were determined to do some high speed runs that night
16V_1600

1st Feb 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a waste of life
mattk

1st Feb 08 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by G.C.M
Oh mate, nothing but the truth there, could have so easily been avoided but seems these boys were determined to do some high speed runs that night

No No I agree, Its better than getting shot or stabbed
EarlofBarnet

1st Feb 08 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shocking story to read.

Even with 9yrs driving experience, I still have times when I realise I'm not 'mature' enough to drive a 'fast' car. When I had my V6 Vectra, although not 'fast' in some peoples eyes, it was too quick for me. There was times when I knew the car could overtake things that some cars wouldn't, so I'd go for it. Atleast in retrospect I realise this. I'm in the position now where I want a A4 1.8T, but still want to leave it another year or so to see if I'll grow up a bit more. Not saying that I drive recklessly, but I recognise the fact that I can't trust myself with something quick.
16V_1600

1st Feb 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by EarlofBarnet
Shocking story to read.

Even with 9yrs driving experience, I still have times when I realise I'm not 'mature' enough to drive a 'fast' car. When I had my V6 Vectra, although not 'fast' in some peoples eyes, it was too quick for me. There was times when I knew the car could overtake things that some cars wouldn't, so I'd go for it. Atleast in retrospect I realise this. I'm in the position now where I want a A4 1.8T, but still want to leave it another year or so to see if I'll grow up a bit more. Not saying that I drive recklessly, but I recognise the fact that I can't trust myself with something quick.

My MR2 had 293 bhp @ the hubs. I loved that car, I wanted it faster though.

Only reason I got rid was my Visa was riding up and I daren't leave it anywhere

Insurance is loads cheaper on the corsa 1.6 sport also

[Edited on 01-02-2008 by 16V_1600CS]
EarlofBarnet

1st Feb 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted faster from the Vec too, was looking at a crazy 6 TB kit. But it would have just got me in to trouble quicker. Finding my 1.6 8v Corsa is plenty quick enough to enjoy myself in for the time being.
will_ainsworth

2nd Feb 08 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reckon its a write off?

on a serious note tho, its such a shame.......... what was a brilliant car is now totally wrecked.
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 01:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_ainsworth
reckon its a write off?

on a serious note tho, its such a shame.......... what was a brilliant car is now totally wrecked.

Is this a pisstake?

You're sad because a hunk of metal is destroyed!? $75,000 is not worth ruining 5 families mate, you need to get your priorities sorted!
GT4Brody

2nd Feb 08 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some really childish resposnes here as usual. Basicly there is a number of people at fault ,the kids father primarily (imo) the driver (why would you be doing those sort of speeds 5 up, fair enough if its only your own life your endangering..
As said though its 5 families that will be worst affected by this tragic loss, and just proves what happens whn someone young/inexperienced is given a high performance car

also(although its the last thing the father is gonna be worried about) i imagine the insurance is void on an airfeild!

[Edited on 02-02-2008 by GT4Brody]
BarnshaW

2nd Feb 08 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shocking, for everyone that thinks "it will never happen to me" it CAN just happen like that no matter who you are. RIP i say and let it be a lesson to others.
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Feb 08 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty shocking story, and so close to home.

I did 29mpg on a mini-moto once on a runway, and fell off!

Grazed my kneww and it huty

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
kz

2nd Feb 08 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what an awful thing... horrible to read

i dont think id even get in my mates car if he told me he was going 200mph runs at night
S@M

2nd Feb 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sad really...
SVM 286

2nd Feb 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the FHP auxhiliary officers examining the scene is named as Lt. Beaver Twist.
BarnshaW

2nd Feb 08 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao beaver twist
Matt H

4th Feb 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt for paul
Daimo B

5th Feb 08 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
"would say this is harsh but I cannot. Hours before this event board members here were imploring him to be safe and he vowed not to risk the lives of others"

I wonder if it would be as amusing if it was a member of your family or a close friend that was either driving or in the car

It wouldn't be nope.

But then i'd have the intelligence not to let my 18yo out ina 500bhp 5 seater car with 4 other mates. End of storey!!!!

As its not, and that i've already quoted a comment from that forum stating out the now dead child how he was saying how he would take it easy and not go mad...

Next up, 1 runway, at night, no clear lights, goes straight off a raised runway and flies 200ft into the trees....

Clearly paying attention........ No sympathy.
silent_thunder89

5th Feb 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

similar thing happened to my mate, crashed a brand new evo fq-360 i think it was at 150mph, but very very luck to walk away from it!
ed

5th Feb 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 18yr old + 2008 M5 ....... 23 database queries in 0.0157070 seconds