corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Eduardo has broken his leg

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Eduardo has broken his leg
whitter45

User status: Offline
25th Feb 08 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to agree the tackle was harsh and very ackward. However i do not think he intentionally went to injure the player

TBH i think he will struggle to retrun from such an injury
Rob_Quads

25th Feb 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James@CCC
I think the actual tackle itself, although being high, wasnt that bad.

Sorry but there is no way you can say it was not a bad tackle. The ball was on the floor it was not in the air so why would you go studs first above the height of the ball?

While most agree it was not intentional to say it was that bad is stupid IMO

[Edited on 25-02-2008 by Rob_Quads]
Hammer

25th Feb 08 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wee cousin had an almost identical injury 3 or 4 years ago playing at a fairly high youth level, the doctors said the bone should heal round the 2 pins and theoretically make the leg stronger. Any time he takes a slight knock on his ankle now though it swells and he can hardly walk for days, suppose its just your luck really.
Danny P

25th Feb 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James@CCC
i also agree with this http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3189852,00.html
the ref definately inspected the injury and then made the decision

Agree with that, if he hadn't off broke his leg im guessing it would have been a Yellow Card at most, and never spoke off again.

Durk Kuyt's attempted tackle against Everton was far, far worse IMO, but becuase he didn't connect nobody seems that arsed about it
Jodi_the_g

25th Feb 08 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The amount of money and top surgeons he will have had spent on his leg, He should providing given the right rehab and bar infections, muscule death etc he should make a fullish recovery.
John G

25th Feb 08 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3194726,00.html

Expected to be back within 9 months
Hammer

26th Feb 08 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he's back running on that leg within 6 months that'll be some achievement!
mav

26th Feb 08 at 02:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bjackso2x

The last time I saw an injury like Eduardo's was David Buust, and it ended his career....so my thoughts are with him.

His carrier was ended due to infection and not the actual injury..

Was a bad tackle but I am sure the lad never meant it, yeah he went in hard but he wouldn't go in aiming for that point, was just an over the top tackle that happens every week just unlucky this time the damage that resulted from it..

With the advances in medicine etc now he will be back playing, not in the 9 months thats been quoted but I am sure he will be back..Tackle on Larsson was simliar and he came back ok and was older etc...

It's one of those things.........And ppl saying he should be carted off to Police station for that tackle...FFS that would open a whole can of worms for football..Then it would become a non contact sport..

It was a bad tackle and bad injury end of...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Eduardo has broken his leg 23 database queries in 0.0174901 seconds