corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks CL build up and banter thread - LFC FTW

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This weeks CL build up and banter thread - LFC FTW
Cosmo

User status: Offline
7th Apr 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adebayor is in for a shock...For sure we are ready. A lot of our players have already played against Liverpool. We played them in the FA Cup and Carling Cup last season, so for me the atmosphere will be similar to what we saw a year ago.;

fpmsl
Tarrantino

8th Apr 08 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal 3-1
Van Persie and Walcott FTW
Ben J

8th Apr 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the atmosphere at Anfield in the CL is so special and its such a fortress, its a pity the fans can't re create it at home games in the Prem....then they might have more success.
John G

8th Apr 08 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bjackso2x
If the atmosphere at Anfield in the CL is so special and its such a fortress, its a pity the fans can't re create it at home games in the Prem....then they might have more success.

this is only due to the fact majority of the home premiership games are fun or tourists the same as old trafford and many other home grounds! CL nights only season ticket holders or people who had been to all the other group and knockout matches are able to get tickets, unless you are very quick on the hotlines ones the last few go on general sale
Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Coming from an Arsenal fan that is
Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
quote:

this is only due to the fact majority of the home premiership games are fun or tourists the same as old trafford and many other home grounds! CL nights only season ticket holders or people who had been to all the other group and knockout matches are able to get tickets, unless you are very quick on the hotlines ones the last few go on general sale

Errrmmm...what a load of rubbish

Firstly about 90% of season ticket holders take up the option to buy the exact same seats for CL games, so near enough the same amount of season ticket holders are at both Prem and CL games.

And secondly their are MORE tickets on general sale and corporate sale for CL games which means the chances are a lot MORE 'tourists' 'out of towners' 'whatever' get into the games.

Its purely down the the occasion of the game. Its a big European night in a big competition, so the fans make it something different - not to mention its a night game which ALWAYS have better atmospheres.
John G

8th Apr 08 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair play whatever i seem to say in here you just knock me down so fuck it

i knew as soon as i put a reply up you would be first in here to make a comment. Not gonna fuckin bother

[Edited on 08-04-2008 by John G]
Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fair play whatever i seem to say in here you just knock me down so fuck it

Its not directed at you personally, I'd of said the same thing if Tom had said what you did above.

Its just on the Liverpool forums you see a lot of people blaming poor atmosphere's during league games on 'tourists' or 'Out of Towners' (OOTers as they like to call them) and its factually incorrect and really gets on my tits.

The truth is plenty of season tickets holders are OOTers, and when tickets go on general sale or corporate sale for CL games more OOTers get hold of them.
John G

8th Apr 08 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, i stil garentee 90% of my post i make in match day on liverpool get classed as "rubbish" or "bollocks" by you. I think i will just keep my opinions to myself and read majority of match day from now on.
Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL, pick your dummy back up and dont get yourself into a paddy about it

I can remember questioning 2 maybe 3 things you've said (including this one). I didnt realise I couldnt have a different opinion to you, and if so I didnt realise I wasnt allowed to post it. You wouldnt see me whining like an Evertonian if you questioned something I said (people often do), I'd either admit what I said was wrong or I'd back up what I said with facts.

Either way, if you'd rather just read to avoid people posting different opinions then not my problem and I dont particularly care.
John G

8th Apr 08 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
FPMSL, pick your dummy back up and dont get yourself into a paddy about it

I can remember questioning 2 maybe 3 things you've said (including this one). I didnt realise I couldnt have a different opinion to you, and if so I didnt realise I wasnt allowed to post it. You wouldnt see me whining like an Evertonian if you questioned something I said (people often do), I'd either admit what I said was wrong or I'd back up what I said with facts.

Either way, if you'd rather just read to avoid people posting different opinions then not my problem and I dont particularly care.

Pick my dummy up behave yourself im just stating cant be arsed having all my post disected at disagreed with!

Very rarely do you agree with anythin i say! either way forget it, just having my say!
Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Pick my dummy up behave yourself im just stating cant be arsed having all my post disected at disagreed with!

Then go and make your own forum and limit the membership to one. That way you can be happy in the knowledge that no one will ever disagree with anything you say.

I'd also suggest NEVER visiting any Liverpool dedicated forums, and those places are full of people with 99,999,999,999 different opinions who will let you know when you post your own - its called debate.
Corsa_Joel

8th Apr 08 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The atmosphere is shit in all grounds now, away games and pub is the way forward
Nath

8th Apr 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Joel
The atmosphere is shit in all grounds now, away games and pub is the way forward

Nothing beats an away game
Nath

8th Apr 08 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH, back on topic, I'd like to see Arsenal progress as Id like to see the excuses come pouring out.
Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
TBH, back on topic, I'd like to see Arsenal progress as Id like to see the excuses come pouring out.

Wouldnt be excuses tbh...unless they get a dodgey decision.

But we all know that when we go through the first thing Wenger will say is that it was a pen at the Emirates
Aaron

8th Apr 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit i thought the 2nd round of this game was tomorrow...i'm going to end my class an hour early and send my students home tonight
Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo

8th Apr 08 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

What liek the 2 dodgy blatent pens weve had turned down in the last 2 games
Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo aka Wenger
Whittie

8th Apr 08 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where you sitting cosmoss
Robbo

8th Apr 08 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Robbo aka Wenger
Errrr I didnt-errr see errrr anything

strick206

8th Apr 08 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Cosmo

8th Apr 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Where you sitting cosmoss

Upper Centenary, Row 17, Seat....
Ben J

8th Apr 08 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there is another dodgy decision against us tonight I will probably actually laugh.

Because it will be a complete joke.

One bad call I can take.....2 in a row is very annoying...3 would be

[Edited on 08-04-2008 by bjackso2x]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks CL build up and banter thread - LFC FTW 23 database queries in 0.0163031 seconds