corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa turbo W.I.P

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My corsa turbo W.I.P
bux

User status: Offline
14th Apr 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok some pics............

springs after sand blasting

springs fresh back from the powder coaters........

first strut back in place............

other suspension strut built up ready to go on!

bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok got the car driving again today which was cool but a bit hairy with no brakes lol, also put the dash back together, re-mounted the ecu, gave it a quick hoover and started to fit the gsi skirts...............here goes!

bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right this was my first piece of welding and im affraid i didnt really take anyother pics of welding patches lol, the welds have been ground down abit to bring it back into line with the arch............pics are crap tbh

here it is seam sealed up, again it has to be quite thckly put on so it levels back up with the standard sealer that i had to gring off

this is how it finished off once id cleaned up the hole arch, wired brushed it all etc and re-sealed it. thats all undersealed up there ready if i choose for it to be painted red??

ok here is the offending spring mount!! this was the good one........this one was only rust not actually rotted away!

spring mount chisseld off.......and chassis revealed

new plate of the same gauge metal cut out and dad welded it on for me

some pretty cool welds

here is how i left it on sunday...............no axle, no fuel tank etc etc........

bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then most of tonights progress (mon 4th feb)

heres my spring and rubber spring seat cover.....he spring seat needs to be made to fit inside the rubber seat cover

heres the metal that they will be made from!

square box is drwn to enable the centre to be centre punched and the correct size circle is drawn...........

most he the excess is removed...........

get rid of most of the remainder before filing the last little bits!

then the actual lugs have to be made and machined to the correct size to fit the spring......

on the laithe

the centre of the mount is acurrately cut to take the size of the spring lug........

hole cut to perfection *bow*

and the lug fits snug into it

bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then next job was to drill some holes to enable us to weld it to the new plate around the main stressed area

trail fit of the rubber cover..........

spring tested on it too (ignore the spring they wont look like that hopefully by the end of the weekish....lo there off to sandblasters in the week then the coaters)

all is good so onwards with the welding! (bottom)

and finally the top

welds were then ground down but didt bother to picture that lol..........and there we have it another night spent on the corsa *doh*

more progress as and when it happens!
bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right weekends been and almost gone again so that means 1 thing..................lol timeto work on the corsa!

Right 1st thing to do was for my dad to finish off welding up the rear mounts

bit of acloser up of the welds

and an overall pic of them

this was them all welded on but unfortunately not finished, had to grind down the excess weldsin the middle to allow the springs to seat flat

anywy next on the agenda..............toremove the ariel cozwe dont want that do we so roof lining removed, arile removed, plate made and welded in to place

then it was ground down ready for a small skim of filler!

this is how it looked yesterday night.............

bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right then todays progress................i had an awful lot of work to do underneath the car not oly was there alot of work todo but i had to do it lying down which isnt as nice as it sounds afterseveral hours.......lol.

Right the aim for today was to grind down the welds on the plates (inner 4) wire brush any rustyish bits, remove old sealer and reseal the whole underneath with fresh seam sealer and i also needed to clean the underside off before iundersealed it to enable a good bond!

these two pics were taken after a good few hours cleaning with a scotch pad, and some chemicals but just to show that the underside can be mint

and abit more work and some sealing up................

finally the underneath nearly finished being undersealed............pics looks crap, it looks ace in real life i think rizzo will assure you of that

few bits are off to the sand blasters tomorrow and then off to the powder coaters of course in the week *woohoo*
bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few pic updates then

here is a quick pic of the underneath not brillinat pic but you get the idea of how its lookin! it looks quite cool in life

and here are the progress pics of the sanding, spent a few hours da'ing it yesterday and fitting the skirts properly today with all the proper clips

bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i decided that id better upload some pics for you.............the car is ready for primer now near enough, so more pics as and when it happens really but chris being chris and being busy its jst gunna happen when it does!

rear lock plated and welded up............now in filler but havent got a pic

last pic i took before it went to paint shop............just scotched up

rear seat back brackets removed ready to be filled and smoothed properly

chris working on the roof (some people will remember my bonnet issue ) its taken quite a while to get back to where it should be, but i aint skining the roof!! lol

random pics.............

enjoy............
flybikeslee

14th Apr 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MORE! OMG
bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quick teaser for those who havent seen it.............the boot and inside of the rear, the boot floor is now free of grommets but we have kept the standard lines

bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here are a few more pics

some of the work that took place to get it to where it is now...........this was the very final stages, about 10 hours of welding,grinding and filling were previous to this pic!!

another pic of the boot from another angle

the tailgate w.i.p

some of my gsi kit bits...........

and this last picture..................well looks like the others but notice the wiring loom on the far left, about 3 1/2 hours work went into that yesterday, stripped it bare, removedsome wires that i didnt need inc the ariel lead (this helped me to get a nicer sized loom to deal with) then re-wrapped it all with proper tape and routed it nicely,you need to see it to appreciate it

bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some progress pics that i aint posted yet

bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok heres some finished paint pics...........the jacking covers are all on now!!

at donny..........

and not sure who will and wont like this but i love it

SteveW

14th Apr 08 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now thats what i call a rebuild !!
fantastic project chap

was waiting for the "finished pics" to come up cos this is the only thing keeping me from going to bed.. so thanks for that lol

awesome car mate.. as you probably get asked this all the time.. What power are you making ??? cos thats a pretty extreme setup you got going on
Anton C20XE

14th Apr 08 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice job bux!!

i remember how it looked last year. . . its came a really long way! you and chris done a ace job on the paint, pic dont do it justice, look's so much better in real life plus the thing dont half flipping shift!!!!!!!

[Edited on 14-04-2008 by Anton C20XE]
bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, my comp was running at about 1 page per hour, sorry for the delay!! hope you all like it? its had endless hours put into it by myself!
bux

14th Apr 08 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will upload some better pics of the bonnet bra tomorrow, comp is going wey too slow!!! them ones look crap......
SAL
Premium Member

14th Apr 08 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, what a build ! have kept an eye over on mig but not posted

fair play love the small detail's
Anton C20XE

14th Apr 08 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks ace!!
jazzer2k3

15th Apr 08 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is awsome :O Stunning, but please loose the bra
TomSBD

15th Apr 08 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good as always steve
bux

15th Apr 08 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bra is stayin, for a few reasons.....

1. it protects the bonnet, as the corsas are pround to rotting up and chipping heavily on the front, and as i use the car for wot it was built this will give it good protection!

2. It gives it some induviduality compared to every other flame red corsa, i wasnt overly keen on them but the more i look at it the more i like it. its not as if it cant be removed in under 2 mins so i dont really see it as a problem anyway.

cheers for comments anyway peeps! have got so many more pics but tbh the ones ive put up give a good insight into wots been done anyway......
Tommy L

15th Apr 08 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great steve

Whats the power now?
bux

15th Apr 08 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

urm dunno tbh.........need to get to a dyno, it was 278 last year @ .9 bar, but i ran it at a bar, this year it will be running around 1.1bar, but then youve got the naughty button on the steerong wheel

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My corsa turbo W.I.P 23 database queries in 0.0176680 seconds