corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Your views on Henry

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Your views on Henry
namkeaps

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 08 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

supose you are right on that one actually. they can be crossed off that list haha

[Edited on 23-04-2008 by namkeaps]
RyanSxi

23rd Apr 08 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main difference I see here is that they have finished their careers? Surely when Henry retires he will be looked upon as a great. When he played for arsenal for many years he was the best around.
Tom

23rd Apr 08 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His 'opinion' doesn't seem to have much substance tbh.

Legendary status is in the eye of the beholder and is probably more emotional, to me gerrard is a legend already because of his ability to lift the team and perform in major games.

BUT you cannot question some of the aforementioned players in terms of performing over time, goals assists etc are all fact.
p

23rd Apr 08 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by namkeaps
quote:
correct john, i have never rated him as a top draw player. yeah he is good but not worth all the hype people give him. thats my opinion and i stick to it

when he was in the premiership with arsenal he had a great squad behind him. he wasnt a one man band. he was part of the team and this showed in the results they got in here years of domination over the premiership!

i said to john how he is alike with liverpool. as a general rule they play brillant in europe. in the premiership they are just above avergae. thats how i see henry

of course thats just, my opinion

someone mentioned bergkamp? i certainly wouldnt call him a premiership legend. especially not in the same league as zola / cantona. when i think of legends i think of those calibre of players

i dont want to repeat myself but here you go. quote from earlier in the thread

a legend imo (of course) would be someone that has made a lasting impression on football. someone like george best. bobby charlton. zidane. klinsman. pele

none of todays footballers can be classed as in there league imo

What about Ronaldo ? (Real Madrid, Milan etc)
namkeaps

23rd Apr 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ronaldo? he was a good player for a short period of time .. thats about it
p

23rd Apr 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, are you serious ?
namkeaps

23rd Apr 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Legendary status is in the eye of the beholder and is probably more emotional, to me gerrard is a legend already because of his ability to lift the team and perform in major games.

BUT you cannot question some of the aforementioned players in terms of performing over time, goals assists etc are all fact.

you mean i have to explain myself to someone? why would i have to do that?

for one the term legend when reffered to a person is far to over used these days anyways, but thats another story
namkeaps

23rd Apr 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
quote:

no i blatantly just lied

what has he done other than a few years back win the golden boot and the world cup etc?
p

23rd Apr 08 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
quote:

no i blatantly just lied

what has he done other than a few years back win the golden boot and the world cup etc?

FIFA World Cup (1994, 2002)
Copa América (1997, 1999)
FIFA Confederations Cup (1997)

Recopa Sudamericana (1993)
Intercontinental Cup (2002)
UEFA Cup Winners Cup (1997)
UEFA Cup (1998)

Brazilian Cup (1993)
Dutch KNVB Cup (1996)
Spanish Super Cup (1996, 2003)
Spanish La Liga (2003)

Dutch Eredivisie Top Scorer (1996)
FIFA World Player of the Year (1996, 1997, 2002)
World Soccer Player of the Year (1996, 1997, 2002)
U-21 European Footballer of the Year (1997, 1998)
Spanish La Liga Top Scorer (1997, 2004)
European Footballer of the Year (1997, 2002)
FIFA World Cup MVP (1998, 2002)
UEFA Club Footballer of the Year (1998)
Italian Serie A Footballer of the Year (1998)
Italian Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year (1998)
Copa América Top Scorer (1999)
FIFA World Cup Top Scorer (2002)
Intercontinental Cup MVP (2002)

Well apart from that nothing
He's the leading scorer in world cup history, he banged goals in on a regular for some of the biggest clubs on the planet, psv, inter milan, real madrid, barcelona and still plays for Milan (injured)

[Edited on 23-04-2008 by corsadee]
namkeaps

23rd Apr 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as i said to john earlier ... you can win nothing and still be labelled a 'legend'

that list of things means nothing to me expect for the top scorer which can still be classed as a team effort because not all the goals he will have credted on his own. the rest are down to a team effort. there is no way on earth he played the full 90 mins in every single game for all of those titles. therefore he hasnt won them. his team has
RyanSxi

23rd Apr 08 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no wonder John brought this onto here.
namkeaps

23rd Apr 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of the day i couldnt care less what a bunch of people think on the web or even sat round a pub table for that matter

i have my opionions. you have yours. its an interesting discussion
Tom

23rd Apr 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

you mean i have to explain myself to someone? why would i have to do that?

for one the term legend when reffered to a person is far to over used these days anyways, but thats another story

This is a debate isn't it, usually means explaining your views yes

I Think you don't really know what your talking about
Tom

23rd Apr 08 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
end of the day i couldnt care less what a bunch of people think on the web or even sat round a pub table for that matter

So now you've managed to work out the theory of a discussion (and have stopped thinking we are having digs at you) what makes a player legendary for you?
namkeaps

i have explained my views on henry .. i have explained my views on the term 'legend'

i have no explained my views on ronaldo

what you lot fail to comprehend is that someone thinks differently from the majority. it generally doesnt make them any more wrong than the said majority does it?
p

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

So now you've managed to work out the theory of a discussion (and have stopped thinking we are having digs at you) what makes a player legendary for you?

Not Ronaldo clearly
namkeaps

23rd Apr 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

haha good point on the discussion part

a legend player is, i dunno. someone who has changed the face of football. made an impact not just on but off the field (whether that be good or bad) yes trohies/titles go along way towards it all but just a player who has been consistant through his career and made that impact wherever he goes and whatever he does

not sure if that will make much sense though to be honest. i guess its something hard to explain?
Tom

23rd Apr 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i have explained my views on henry .. i have explained my views on the term 'legend'

what you lot fail to comprehend is that someone thinks differently from the majority. it generally doesnt make them any more wrong than the said majority does it?

I am not questioning the value and right of you having your opinion, give it up ffs.

You wern't very elequent with your answer re what makes a player a legend imo (of course).

namkeaps

23rd Apr 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

I am not questioning the value and right of you having your opinion, give it up ffs.

You wern't very elequent with your answer re what makes a player a legend imo (of course).

maybe not you but i think other posts have shown that they do ... dont just take my posts to mean just you
namkeaps

23rd Apr 08 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

i did mention it might not make much sense fella
Tom

23rd Apr 08 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

a legend player is, i dunno. someone who has changed the face of football. made an impact not just on but off the field (whether that be good or bad) yes trohies/titles go along way towards it all but just a player who has been consistant through his career and made that impact wherever he goes and whatever he does

not sure if that will make much sense though to be honest. i guess its something hard to explain?

much better!

Who is your favourite ever footballer?

My biggest footballing legend is gerrard (was never gonna be anyone who doesn't play fopr my team ) very special and part of that for me is that I have only really been into footy since about 17 and seen him grow.

I recognise all of the other things players have done and some players like kenny dalglish were very special imo. I have to say for me, henry made football sexy (bad word!)
namkeaps

23rd Apr 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

much better!

Who is your favourite ever footballer?

My biggest footballing legend is gerrard (was never gonna be anyone who doesn't play fopr my team ) very special and part of that for me is that I have only really been into footy since about 17 and seen him grow.

I recognise all of the other things players have done and some players like kenny dalglish were very special imo. I have to say for me, henry made football sexy (bad word!)

why thank you

gerrard i agree he has a talent that not many have. he brings a team together. be it for the national team or for liverpool. he ets the crowd going too. his work rate is second to none and he is a good player. very versatile

my favourite player of all time. thats a tough one but am leaning towards ryan giggs to be honest. the man has played regular first team football for as long as i can remember. top flight football. work rate. consistancy. lnowledge. skill .. he list goes on .. he is overall a great player. if only he could learn to use his right leg a bit more, then he would be even better
John G

23rd Apr 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
no wonder John brought this onto here.

i was left with no choice
Robbo

23rd Apr 08 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it generally doesnt make them any more wrong than the said majority does it?
In this case, yes!

Ronaldo... Henry... Bergkamp... they are all modern legends! Just because they may still be playing or may not have done much since retirement doesn't mean they are any less better than other players... but they ARE legends nonetheless... that point really isn't open to debate?!
Robbo

23rd Apr 08 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And for the record, I'd say Zidane is a legend!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Your views on Henry 23 database queries in 0.0165942 seconds