corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Please wear your seatbelt!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Please wear your seatbelt!
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 08 at 22:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to the people who don't wear one, but was CorsaSport14 said, it has more chance of saving you than you having some crazy accident where not wearing one will save you.

If you have a head-on crash then you'll be glad you're not through the windscreen.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chrex

23rd Jun 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

harnesses...i dont even trust seatbelts!

dont feel safe in them at all!
Scotty C

23rd Jun 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel naked without a seatbelt. I woudln't of been put into a coma if my seatbelt didn't fail. I ALWAYS wear mine, without a doubt, even with my nan.
_Allan_

24th Jun 08 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wear your seatbelt when riding your nan
Brett
Premium Member

24th Jun 08 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
i never wear a seat belt awaits a slating but not wearing one saved my life i rolled my old clio16v 6 yrs ago i was ejected from the car i was 50ft from the car in a bush dislocated knee snapped my right arm in 2 bruised my lungs etc etc was in intensive care for 3 days but if i had my seatbelt on i would been impaled on a wooden fence post which went straight through the roof and through the drivers seat i know its wrong but not wearing it saved my life

Some dense comments in here I swear.

You could've quite easily have been "ejected" onto a wooden fence post.

Seat belts save more lives than they take, and when lives are taken, 9 times out of 10 it's because of dickhead driving.
Nath

24th Jun 08 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Seatbelt is habbit now, dont even have to think about it.

Same.
nova_gteuk

24th Jun 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Originally posted by Cole
i never wear a seat belt awaits a slating but not wearing one saved my life i rolled my old clio16v 6 yrs ago i was ejected from the car i was 50ft from the car in a bush dislocated knee snapped my right arm in 2 bruised my lungs etc etc was in intensive care for 3 days but if i had my seatbelt on i would been impaled on a wooden fence post which went straight through the roof and through the drivers seat i know its wrong but not wearing it saved my life

Some dense comments in here I swear.

You could've quite easily have been "ejected" onto a wooden fence post.

Seat belts save more lives than they take, and when lives are taken, 9 times out of 10 it's because of dickhead driving.

but if he got impaled while inside the car they would have had to cut the car where as hed probably had bled to death if he was still alive. while they where cutting the car and then the post.

if he was thrown and impaled they could just cut the fence post and be off to hospital.

and id rather be thrown from a car than crushed inside
Brett
Premium Member

24th Jun 08 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're argument is based on freak occurances as usual, mate.

You carry on not wearing your belt, i'm not too assed tbh.
nova_gteuk

24th Jun 08 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Neither am i tbh.

We all have to die somehow

If seatbelts where everything why dont public buses have them?

Why dont criminals in the back of police vans have them?

joes_1.4_16v_sport

24th Jun 08 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Seatbelt is habbit now, dont even have to think about it.

ALLways drive with my belt on.

Ask passengers too aswell

Balls to going threw the window
Dean_W

24th Jun 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk

Because off film the police find it funny slamming on their brakes from 40 and going on 2 wheels round corners......seriously
Nath

24th Jun 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Neither am i tbh.

Why is it law to wear them then? If its really no big deal?
Brett
Premium Member

24th Jun 08 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Neither am i tbh.

Do I really have to give reasons to those? Seriously

Buses for one tend to stay at the speed limit. For two, if they crash into a car, which one do you think is gonna feel the impact, the bus or the car? The people on the bus will be like "what was that?" and be looking round, where as the beltless people in the car will have been "ejected" through the windscreen.

Who's gonna crash into a police van? Not to mention they're not going to get "ejected" anywhere inside a steel cage lined with perspex (or whatever it is).

Again, you raise daft things to prove points.

You carry on seatbeltless, mate, you don't need to prove your silly point.
nova_gteuk

24th Jun 08 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

public buses use dual carriageways and motorways,i doubt 70mph into a car they would just be like "oh we felt a bump"

and youve never seen people thrown from a bus window,i have in swansea quite a few times.

People die on buses all the time,yet they have no belts?

And what about other lorries and buses that hit a bus it would be a lot more than just a bump

and yes because sitting in a piggy van surrounded by a steel cage wouldnt hurt/kill you in an accident.one fatal blow to the head would kill you e.g smacking head on metal cage

and i will carry on
Brett
Premium Member

24th Jun 08 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate, you've seen it all. You've got criminal mate and copper mates. Who could ever prove a point to you? Like I said, carry on your way and stop trying to prove your silly facts with all these random freak occurances that you have all been a witness to. What an amazing life you lead.

Somebody summed you up well when they said "against the grain". You should get that tattoo'd on your forehead.
nova_gteuk

24th Jun 08 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So people have never died on buses its in the news all the time, i see most things from watching the news like most people?

And i love having a diffrence of opinion it seems to rile people up,which i find sad tbh.

You might find seatbelts save lives but they also take lives,imo it should be down to the person if he or she want to wear one.

Brett
Premium Member

24th Jun 08 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wales must have some very bad bus drivers then, that's all i'll say.
DYL

24th Jun 08 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt have to be wales mate......happens all over the place.....it's just doesnt happen as often as cars
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Jun 08 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

* 80% of all death to children in a motor vehicle accident could be prevented by properly securing the safety harnesses and seatbelts. (James Madison University)

* As many as 17,000 people could be saved every year by wearing a seatbelt. (James Madison University)

* For survivors, average medical costs are 50% higher for those not wearing a seatbelt. (Car-Accidents.com)

* Of the 32,598 passengers killed in 2002 as the result of an automobile crash, almost 60% were not wearing seatbelts. (Naval Safety Center)

* Only 1% of passengers who were restrained were ejected from car seats during a car crash. Of those ejected (restrained and unrestrained), 73% were killed. (Naval Safety Center)

*Unfortunately, we can’t be sure how many people have died or have been injured due to seatbelt failure. The statistics tracked only cover seatbelt failure and improper seatbelt usage as a combined statistic. In other words, we can’t know for sure how many deaths are due to human error versus how many deaths are due to manufacturer problems. What we do know is that stronger regulations regarding the manufacturing and testing of seatbelts can save lives. Talk to a lawyer today to learn more about your rights if you’ve been injured in car crash due to seatbelt problems.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Jun 08 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'll keep my belt on.

Then again, when robbing people, beating random blokes up and generally topping up my list of offences (which happens to be the length of my arm) whilst still delivering my parcels - it would probably be easier just to keep the damn thing unbuckled

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Brett
Premium Member

24th Jun 08 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DYL
doesnt have to be wales mate......happens all over the place.....it's just doesnt happen as often as cars

Says the guy from Wales

Look, I CBA anymore. There's never going to be a winner in these arguments. They just lead no where at all.
nova_gteuk

24th Jun 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I think I'll keep my belt on.

Then again, when robbing people, beating random blokes up and generally topping up my list of offences (which happens to be the length of my arm) whilst still delivering my parcels - it would probably be easier just to keep the damn thing unbuckled

Got it in one
DYL

24th Jun 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seat belts are designed to save lives.......but on the other hand.....they CAN be dangerous....depending on the impact/colision.

IF there was a Seatbelt fitted in the car my brother was in when they had the accident it would have killed him.....according to the inspectors, (but he COULD be wrong....) it's all down to personal opinions.
keznmike

24th Jun 08 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont wear them and to be fair im that bad that wen i drive r lasses car it makes a pinging noise wen not connected so i plug the belt in then drive it its not big or clever just me being stoopid!
phil_sutton

24th Jun 08 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get hit by a asteriod while watching TV, but you dont wear a crash helmet at home do you? Freak accidents that you cant do anything about, get over it.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Please wear your seatbelt! 23 database queries in 0.1429992 seconds