corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine option's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine option's
Corsa_Quadz

1st Aug 08 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Quadz
16xe FTW, C20xe only around 150bhp standard
Tune the 16xe, high lift cams and that puts it into the 160bhp range faster than a redtop already! Inlet and exhaust mani will put it right into the 180's!

No, it won't...............

obv hit a soft spot there mate
Corsa_Quadz

1st Aug 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by av it
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
16xe FTW, C20xe only around 150bhp standard
Tune the 16xe, high lift cams and that puts it into the 160bhp range faster than a redtop already! Inlet and exhaust mani will put it right into the 180's!

No, it won't...............

+2 it will never reach 180 without decent management and that cost more than the budget so 20xe 156bhp +

my bad! lolz was only yesterday evenin we were talkin bout it and thats what my mate seems to think. I didnt realise matey had a budget either, at least you were nice about it
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Aug 08 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't regret fitting an XE

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Daimo B

1st Aug 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Not really, its just i've been around more tuned Corsa engines than you've had hot dinner so I know your talking more BS than a Bull on laxatives.

And whats not nice about putting "no it won't"

Jesus, kids these days

[Edited on 01-08-2008 by VXR]
Corsa_Quadz

1st Aug 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id love to get the conversion done but its finding a decent donour car with the right engine. Want your wheels BTW
SAL
Premium Member

1st Aug 08 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's nice daimo, thank's
Iain M

1st Aug 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XE all the way.
Daimo B

1st Aug 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
that's nice daimo, thank's

Honestly, if your gonna do an XE, have a decent budget, cutting corners will bite back later.

Tuned 1.6, not bad, but it'll take a bit of spending to get to XE pace. But then its a tuned engine, on an engine thats probably racking up the miles, so just as likley to have issues as a 2.0.

If your keeping it, decide what YOU want to do, it your money, if your going mental, go XE.

You've been around long enoguh to decide for yourself though really.
Corsa_Quadz

1st Aug 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Not really, its just i've been around more tuned Corsa engines than you've had hot dinner so I know your talking more BS than a Bull on laxatives.

Jesus, kids these days

VXR is an official Corsa Sport Prick, suprised people even like you an your big head of yours. And as for kids these days who mentions bulls on laxatives

People come on here for advice and to be corrected in a respectful ways, not made to feel like a twat. Yeh i might be wrong in my judgements but what gives you the right to make me feel inadequet to the rest of the people on here??
jr

1st Aug 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manztle/LMS tuning box
manifold/decat
cams

on a x16xe will be much fun, been driving ojc's gsi, and alot of fun
Corsa_Quadz

1st Aug 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id love to have a drive in one someday!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

1st Aug 08 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Not really, its just i've been around more tuned Corsa engines than you've had hot dinner

jr

1st Aug 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Jesus, kids these days

VXR is an official Corsa Sport Prick, suprised people even like you an your big head of yours. And as for kids these days who mentions bulls on laxatives

People come on here for advice and to be corrected in a respectful ways, not made to feel like a twat. Yeh i might be wrong in my judgements but what gives you the right to make me feel inadequet to the rest of the people on here??

bit harsh, vxrs replt was'nt epic, but then again he didnt start the personal insults

he was just telling you what everyone knows, cams on a 109bhp engine does not give a 51bhp increase

SAL
Premium Member

1st Aug 08 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's for young ant

my veiw is do the 1600 with an inlet, cam's, outlet and decent exhaust...maybe get it mapped at some point. Ok its no super car killer but it's enough to get you from a-b with a smile and should keep with non-tuned vts's and zetec-s's

he is being offered a z18xe conversion for £500 all inc, that option sound's a bit dodgy imo

But if it where me doing this, i would skip all option's and build a nice spec turbo
deano87

1st Aug 08 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X16XE for ant, definitely.
jr

1st Aug 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not for that cash he wont steve

and i agree with your virw, which can also be done whitin the 1k
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

1st Aug 08 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit out of the £1000 budget though stavs, plus you may find yourself building the engine for a while
Corsa_Quadz

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Jesus, kids these days

bit harsh, vxrs replt was'nt epic, but then again he didnt start the personal insults

he was just telling you what everyone knows, cams on a 109bhp engine does not give a 51bhp increase

ok point taken im havin a slightly bad day, sorry VXR for insulting you in any way, and thankyou for correcting my judgements
SAL
Premium Member

1st Aug 08 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Jesus, kids these days

max power mag said it does
jr

SAL
Premium Member

1st Aug 08 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ant
Daimo B

1st Aug 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Keyboard warriors FTW.

Kids couldn't come up with some of the comments i make. Im from a pre-historic time of lepricorns and mongolian monks.
jr

1st Aug 08 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo, read above, he said sorry
Corsa_Quadz

1st Aug 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Jesus, kids these days

Awww diddummmmssss Get some balls ya fanny. I've not heard anything like that before

I simply added, "no it will not". I said this because I knew you were in-correct. If you had replied soemthing like "really, Fast Car told me xyz, are tehy wrong" then I would have happily informed you of tuning aspects for the 1.6 16v engine.

Not "hit a nerve" as i have no nerves to hit anymore.

bout time you did tbh i aint got time for your petty insults.

i was wrong you were right
Corsa_Quadz

1st Aug 08 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Jesus, kids these days

Awww diddummmmssss Get some balls ya fanny. I've not heard anything like that before

I simply added, "no it will not". I said this because I knew you were in-correct. If you had replied soemthing like "really, Fast Car told me xyz, are tehy wrong" then I would have happily informed you of tuning aspects for the 1.6 16v engine.

Not "hit a nerve" as i have no nerves to hit anymore.

bout time you did tbh i aint got time for your petty insults.

i was wrong you were right

Corsa_Quadz and VXR completely owned this thread lolz!!
My apologies again mate, just havin a shit day!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine option's 23 database queries in 0.3322289 seconds