corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wrote off and comes home Tuesday. Cheque sent Big Thanks to all.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wrote off and comes home Tuesday. Cheque sent Big Thanks to all.
Iain M

User status: Offline
20th Aug 08 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes very much ouch.
Nick-S

20th Aug 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa_rob

20th Aug 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M
quote:
Originally posted by ryan_fowler1985
fucking gutted for you mate, car looked like an absolute minter aswell, does look repairable being all front end tho if your willing to spend on it all just bolt on things as the wheels still look to be straight, how much of the impact did the engine take? hope your ok tho no serious injurys

I ain't even gonna bother repairing it. Time to move on from corsas i think. Not the push i was thinking of tho. No idea bout the engine didn't look. Cut straight out tho thats all i remember.

You "have personal belongings you need to remove" take some steelies and that if u want alloys off or some shite wheels u dont mind loosing. Mine got killed the other week its gutting mate...guessing your feeling the sore ness now...i was hit from behind got whiplash to neck and back still feeling it now more than a week later make sure you get your stuff as the car will be valued at "MARKET VALUE" mine was an R reg sport with under 70k on it mint in every panel...settled for £1190 but was worth more really.

Well put ure feet up and get some painkillers down
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well when i got the car recovered i took everything out of the boot and glovebox and what not. I asked today when i was sorting my car out about the alloys and springs and exhaust and they said to ask the insurance first before i do anything as the price they give me may cover the price of the wheels this meaning i can't take them off. so i shall phone them in a bit.

Also courtesy car dropped off and its.............
wait for it a 5 door 1.2 seat ibiza 56 plate in silver. Doesn't look to bad
Adam-D

20th Aug 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooffff

fuckin hell. stating the obious thats fucked

car can be replaced with other cars. ppl cant,

well at least it was a proper crash and its written off. not a simple stufferd rear 1/4
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was adam, don't do things by halves me
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When they write my car off and then they give me a price and i want to take the wheels off, will i have to trailer it home then move the stuff there or can i do it there.

Also If the price they give me covers the wheels and other parts should i accept and leave the wheels on or take a lower price and sell the stuff my self.

Sorry for so many questions, i haven't written a car off before.
Graham88

20th Aug 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you have all mods declared?

Unlucky mate, hope you are feeling better soon enough.

At least you got some decent pictures to show the grandkids.
DaveB

20th Aug 08 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If mods aren't declared you're fucked.

If mods are declared and they give you a price for a 'write-off' then they have bought the car as is, so the wheels are no longer yours.
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Did you have all mods declared?

Unlucky mate, hope you are feeling better soon enough.

At least you got some decent pictures to show the grandkids.

Yes all mods declared as they came with the car. I haven't changed it at all from when i got the car except the exhaust which fell off

Yeah my mum took them off her phone while i was sorting things out.

I should do, loads of painkillers and rest.
Graham88

20th Aug 08 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's good, I would go see about getting the wheels off before they see it
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
That's good, I would go see about getting the wheels off before they see it

Well when i asked about this they said check with insurance and when i checked with insurance they said i would have to wait for the report to say what they are gonna do with it before i did anything. Can't just take the wheels off surely?? Would be sat now before i can get there and i think i will know whats happening with it by then.
DaveB

20th Aug 08 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your insurance (and pay out price) will have been based on the car having aftermarket alloy wheels. if you want the best payout for the car then leave the wheels on it. Once they offer you a pay-out, haggle to get the best price. Then haggle to buy your car back so you can strip it and sell parts.
Graham88

20th Aug 08 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, just gotta wait and see then.

Lets hope insurance don't fuck around like they usually do, keep hassling them if nothing happens for a while
Colin

20th Aug 08 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See if they'll give a price to buy it back to strip it...............might not be much more than scrap value!!

Otherwise if they pay out for wheels etc I cant see them letting you have them back
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh right thats what i was after colin and Dave. Thankyou.

Wouldn't want to buy it back to be honest as there is only wheels Springs and Exhaust worth anything.
Colin

20th Aug 08 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interior, panels, engine? Then weigh the rest in

They might offer you the car for next to nothing!!
random dav
Premium Member

20th Aug 08 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least your oreet fella. See how much they want for it. I'll buy it. I will call round later on

WRLFC !

Project cars
andys sxi
Premium Member

20th Aug 08 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who are you insured with ? when my first corsa got written off my insurance give me a good pay out for the car i asked bout buying it back and they wanted bout 2300 for it but my dad i wanted the wheels and suspension off it and she said if i had standard which i did i could so got a good pay out for the car plus what i wanted back

that was liverpool victoira btw

April 08 feature car
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be at Melissa's Dave so come round for a brew and a smoke.
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Interior, panels, engine? Then weigh the rest in

They might offer you the car for next to nothing!!

aaahhh never thought of interior. I have 2 of them, one for windy windows and one for elec, driver seat is worn tho

Don't know if i can be arsed with the hassle of selling loads of stuff, just the easier parts

[Edited on 20-08-2008 by Iain M]
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
who are you insured with ? when my first corsa got written off my insurance give me a good pay out for the car i asked bout buying it back and they wanted bout 2300 for it but my dad i wanted the wheels and suspension off it and she said if i had standard which i did i could so got a good pay out for the car plus what i wanted back

that was liverpool victoira btw

More Than. I don't understand you sorry
andys sxi
Premium Member

20th Aug 08 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when they give u a price for your car ask them what is going to happen about the alloys and what ever else u want off it they might say put standard parts back and you can take them

April 08 feature car
Gareth F

20th Aug 08 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whiplash sux, i was off work for 4 months with it and still get problems in cold weather but i know what your feeling mate They gave me Ibroprofen 500mg and something called Paramol which is savage stuff (dizzy, sick, tired and occasionally dribbling)(not joking either) Hope your ok tho!
As said above - my ex's car was written of as beyond economical repair. She paid £990 for it, elephant gave her £1100 for it , i bought it back off elephant for £110 (10%) and fixed it for £189 myself in one day! Failed the mot retest due to a faulty headlight from Camberly auto factor, so took it back and saved even more money by going to the scrappy for it. Car passed mot and went straight back onto the road!
Its down to your insurance company whether they sell it back to you as its then their property when they pay out for it. Deffinately worth buying it back if you can store it as the kit, wheels and other bits and bobs plus scrap value will earn you some extra dosh for moving on from the corse scene
Iain M

20th Aug 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
when they give u a price for your car ask them what is going to happen about the alloys and what ever else u want off it they might say put standard parts back and you can take them

Ah right when put in simple terms i understand Cheers bud. Will have to wait and see what they say then i guess.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wrote off and comes home Tuesday. Cheque sent Big Thanks to all. 23 database queries in 0.0180900 seconds