corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What would you have done?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What would you have done?
Ash_EP3

User status: Offline
15th Feb 09 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God damn aggressive Scots
BluKoo

15th Feb 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
So was he stopping you from exiting the toilets?

No, he wasn't physically stopping me. I never tried to leave.

If i walked past him to get to the door, i would have had my back to him at some point, and thats not wise.
BarnshaW

15th Feb 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo
quote:
So was he stopping you from exiting the toilets?

No, he wasn't physically stopping me. I never tried to leave.

If i walked past him to get to the door, i would have had my back to him at some point, and thats not wise.

you see, why didnt you say that to start with, thats a perfectly good reason to headbutt someone, because you didnt want your back to him.
Tommy L

15th Feb 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
If there acting aggressivly & calling you a cunt & there drunk enough theres a damn good chance they'll attempt a strike next. Why not get in 1st if any fists are to be getting thrown id prefer to be the one walking off at the end of it maybe thats just me, tbh ive been in enough situations to know when someone needs a smack & when to walk off. My local haunts are just full of young yobs wanting to cause trouble, ive had bottles thrown at me by randoms the lot. Prefer not to go to these places now

If the guy deserved to get hit he deserved to get hit, hopefully if he was that drunk he'll wake up in the morning sober & learn from it.

He presses charges against you for assault. You get done on the chances that he might throw a punch at you. Criminal record looks good on your CV.

Only throw a punch if has thrown one first. Then it's self defence.

[Edited on 15-02-2009 by corsa_tomtom]
BluKoo

Anyway, i can see where this thread is going, so i'm done with it.
You guys can continue to contribute with your own opinions, but i'm not going to reply.

I think i did what was right. I was looking out for number one.

If none of you guys are willing to stick up for yourself, then god help you the day you encounter some form of physical confrontation.
J da Silva

So walk backwards and keep eye contact until you've exited?
If you felt that threatened to the point where you'd purposley risk ABH charges against you, then maybe a quick jab to put him in his place but the fact you continued to lay some streetfighter pie down on the guy means you were intent on seriously hurting him.
BarnshaW

15th Feb 09 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You guys can continue to contribute with your own opinions, but i'm not going to reply.

If none of you guys are willing to stick up for yourself, then god help you the day you encounter some form of physical confrontation.

pmsl whats physical about him calling u names? ur the only one who got physical
J da Silva

15th Feb 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Now now, no need to get catty, with your toilet war tactics that you stated on here you wouldn't last 2 minutes in any South American city.
Tommy L

15th Feb 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You may think you are right, but the courts wouldn't see it that way. If i was going to do something like that, that would be my train of thought.
CorsAsh

15th Feb 09 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where was his physical confrontation? It was all verbal from him, you initiated the physical side of it.

I can count the times I've hit someone on one hand, and it was always in response to them. Last time was when I was attacked by muggers, and then it was only to put some distance between me and them.
rustyarchs

15th Feb 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

colin must be the thing up here, was out on a stag night saturday and the stag whos kinda sensible got hit by a "yoof" for another one of my mates supposidly nudgeing someone standing next to him! couple of punches were thrown between them but nothing major however he did end up with a lovely egg on his head, thankfully the wedding is not for another fortnight
Colin

15th Feb 09 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
If there acting aggressivly & calling you a cunt & there drunk enough theres a damn good chance they'll attempt a strike next. Why not get in 1st if any fists are to be getting thrown id prefer to be the one walking off at the end of it maybe thats just me, tbh ive been in enough situations to know when someone needs a smack & when to walk off. My local haunts are just full of young yobs wanting to cause trouble, ive had bottles thrown at me by randoms the lot. Prefer not to go to these places now

If the guy deserved to get hit he deserved to get hit, hopefully if he was that drunk he'll wake up in the morning sober & learn from it.

He presses charges against you for assault. You get done on the chances that he might throw a punch at you. Criminal record looks good on your CV.

Only throw a punch if has thrown one first. Then it's self defence.

[Edited on 15-02-2009 by corsa_tomtom]

Fair enough but a criminal record doesnt worry me as much as getting a hiding from some jumped up waster that gets a lucky hit in & floors me then proceeds to dance all over my face. Or turn you back on them to get a bottle...........knife stuck in you - whatever.

Id have no reservations about punching someone if I felt threatened enough & it felt like the correct thing to do..............it isnt always the best action. Every circumstance has different options.
mattk

15th Feb 09 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like it was some pissed up knob head who wouldnt have the capacity to do any of those things though, especially if after getting twatted he just styaed slumped in the corner
RCS

15th Feb 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I would have told him to fuck off, then take it from there.
CorsAsh

15th Feb 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bruise or two will fade, whereas a Criminal Record is with you for life Colin.
Tommy L

15th Feb 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you go looking for a job and they say any criminal convictions, 'yes, GBH'. Doesn't look good imo.

If he should of done anything more than call him a cunt back, he should of just got him on the floor, and not by punching him. Well that's what i would do to some drunk.
Tommy L

15th Feb 09 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
A bruise or two will fade, whereas a Criminal Record is with you for life Colin.
I think colin means more than a bruise or two. Like full on broken nose, lost teeth etc.. but you're in a club with loads of bouncers and other people so couldn't see it getting to that stage.
Colin

15th Feb 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
colin must be the thing up here, was out on a stag night saturday and the stag whos kinda sensible got hit by a "yoof" for another one of my mates supposidly nudgeing someone standing next to him! couple of punches were thrown between them but nothing major however he did end up with a lovely egg on his head, thankfully the wedding is not for another fortnight

Yeah Falkirks a fanny magnet & not in the good way!!

Ive not had a fight for 4-5yrs but I have obviously while growing up & tbh sometimes getting the 1st hit in is the difference between getting a sore face & not getting a sore face.

Ive had one guy throw a bottle from across the dancefloor, hit me on the side of the head, guy come at me with a bar stool, hit with a pint glass the lot..........all randoms just after causing trouble & whom ive never seen again after. My only regret not clocking them earlier & maybe doing something to avoid the fight....whatever measure that may be. Ive found that talking your way to some shit head doesnt work, there pumped up on buckfast & cheap cider & want to fight

Anyway I dont go out much now, but that guy in the bogs telling me to pay the toilet attendent wow what a roaster, ugliest man/boy/sloth ive ever seen.
Colin

15th Feb 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh

Most employers dont check things like that though, unless maybe you work in a school or bank or something

Anyway most folk around here have a criminal record..........adds character.
richc

15th Feb 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you did the right thing. People might say you should of just walked away, but living in a town known for pissed up fighters, its like you have to or they will take advatange. I have been there, tried the walk away thing and they go for you when your walking away. You might of done him a favour, even though he was drunk , he might think not to behave like that in future.

I had the same problem the other night (this was on a thursday ffs), stood there with my girfriend kissing her, next minute my girlfriend was push away, and a drunk lad is in my face wanting a kiss also So i gave him a glaswegion one....

...It ended up how the same as how you described you insodent did. Not particually what i wanted, as i got thrown out of the pub, but i was pretty adament if he was willing to do that, in a agressive manor, he was willing to go for me, so i nipped it in the bud.

It tends to happen often where i live. Full of young lads thinking that have to prove them selves by starting on people for nothing. Had it a fair few times last year because your just minding your own business, they think you wont fight back, it like spurs them on more because they think look a big man.

I dont get why people have a drink, and then start on people, makes me laugh
J da Silva

15th Feb 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had many aggressive episodes in youth and in manhood, it was just something I had to live with at the time(s) I was in that sort of company, I most probably would have took the piss of the drunk bloke and if he would have swung for me, I'd have got stuck in but not if I was out with my girlfriend or any female family members.
richc

15th Feb 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, im not sure on how other police forces tolerate it around the country, but i pretty much garantee, if a fight breaks out and one of them is heavily drunk, it gets dismissed as no one remebers a fucking thing

Unless its serious (like last summer, a local lad got batterd to death in a supermarket carpark). Now they have banned £1 a pint
richc

15th Feb 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
I've had many aggressive episodes in youth and in manhood, it was just something I had to live with at the time(s) I was in that sort of company, I most probably would have took the piss of the drunk bloke and if he would have swung for me, I'd have got stuck in but not if I was out with my girlfriend or any female family members.

So you would let people lay into you because your girlfriend was there?
J da Silva

15th Feb 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
Also, im not sure on how other police forces tolerate it around the country, but i pretty much garantee, if a fight breaks out and one of them is heavily drunk, it gets dismissed as no one remebers a fucking thing

Unless its serious (like last summer, a local lad got batterd to death in a supermarket carpark). Now they have banned £1 a pint

Or if the person you hit is a renowned offender and knows the police on first name terms.

Me and my brother got attacked late at night by 3 asians and an african not long back, it ended up in our favour and the police more or less said 'well done' but gave us a scarborough warning of their past adventures.
J da Silva

15th Feb 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva

So you would let people lay into you because your girlfriend was there?

No, I would not INSTIGATE a fight if said people was there.....

Imagine..... You head butt a fool who is just insulting you, nothing more, his mates catch up with you and and your friends/family, how do you explain the reason they got brought into it?

[Edited on 15-02-2009 by J da Silva]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What would you have done? 22 database queries in 0.0180769 seconds