corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever suddenly feel like you should...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ever suddenly feel like you should...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I used to drink SMirnoff ICe all the time when I was 16/17

The stuff now tastes rank to me.

same but beer used to taste rank to me when I first started drinking, but now in contrast I love the taste of beer, but hate the taste of alco pops.

It just shows how your tongue adjusts once it gets used to a taste.

Bit like sour sweets which don't taste sour any more, since I used to eat them all the time.
Paul_J

22nd Feb 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike, at the end of the day, I wouldn't say it's big or clever to be drunk, so that's probably a good thing you've never been drunk. However, some of the most fun I've had with mates is when we're all on the beers on a night out and the jokes are flowing.

I always find being sobre in the same situation it never seems 'funny' and I always feel semi awkward (like when designated driver).

I also can't stand it when you have some sobre people when you're all drunk having a laugh and they're going 'Haha, I'm going to remind you of this tommorrow, you're so drunk' or whatever ... well duhhhh, that's why I've just spent £50 on a nights worth of alcohol... I'd be a bit surprised / disapointed if I wasn't drunk.

Each to their own, I know a lot of people who don't drink 'by choice' and some for medical reasons. However, I think people shouldn't be put off by early experiences.

I know several people who've 'drank' when young, hated the taste of beer. Didn't drink responsabily and ended up getting in a fucking state / ambulance through excessive drinking too fast when they're not used to it. Then those people have given up drinking for good...

Just seems wrong. There's nothing better than having a un wind with mates with 3-4 beers... You aren't 'Pissed', but you aren't 'sobre' - just merry
John

22nd Feb 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sober
Paul_J

22nd Feb 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thx x x x
Mertin

22nd Feb 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant belieive some people have never been totally wasted before

And some not had a drink since they were 16. Lifes for living, and having a good time!

I couldnt imagine not drinking, the thought is scary
Paul_J

22nd Feb 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
That's alright then

I've now give up on the drinking bit, woofter juice is no good. Who knows, I might try again in another 6 years Preferably on something decent tho

I'm assuming you've tried vodka and coke? If you have 'a single' - you can't even taste the alcohol and it's a perfectly reasonable drink to be drinking when out.

JD + coke and Jim Beam are a bit stronger tasting, but still taste a lot like coke.

Southern Comfort is a bit girly, but it's got a very sweet taste - and once again mixed with coke you can barely taste it.

However, as I've said above - When I first tasted beer I couldn't stand it! I couldn't stand the smell or a single sip without actually convulsing and getting ready to throw up! Was really fucking annoying.

So I went through the phase of drinking alco pops, but I found that they were 'too sweet' and too girly. Then I drank spirits, mostly Vodka and coke. But just living a student lifestyle, I ended up just drinking beer - and at first it was almost like taking medicine ... not pleasant. I'd have maybe 1 pint (over a while) and it'd be pretty fucking horrible and then go onto spirits. However, my mouth / tongue taste buds just adjusted, like completely dulled down the taste and it just became the norm to drink beer.

Now I 'long' the taste of beer and find that 'most' beers are tasteless - it's a pleasant change when you find a beer that has a bit of a stronger flavour.

Definately look at it that way, you will adjust to the taste and grow to love the taste.

It's like me with Wine now. I can't really stand the taste of wine, however I know if I drink it enough I'll get used to it and will be able to drink it fine. I'm there with white wine now, but red still makes me pull a sour face
Robbo

22nd Feb 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are people in this world over the age of 16ish that have never been drunk Live a little ffs
Joe

22nd Feb 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love getting wasted. I don't think I'd have had half as much fun in life if I didn't drink.
Robbo

22nd Feb 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

amen jo-ho-sephine
John

22nd Feb 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People who have to get drunk to have a good time are boring, bla bla bla.
Robbo

22nd Feb 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yadda yadda yadda boozers are losers
Paul_J

22nd Feb 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
People who have to get drunk to have a good time are boring, bla bla bla.

I love it when people say 'I don't need to be drunk to have a good time' ... then they're the ones in the corner being pretty dull / serious when everyone else is having a great time after sinking a few beers.
Tommy L

22nd Feb 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I've never ever been smashed off my face in my life
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Feb 09 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with that Mike, its your choice and your life at the end of the day so you can make any choices you wish. Good on you mate.
kz

22nd Feb 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

99% of my best stories/memories are from being out on the piss! Since I got beaten up NYE I haven't got slaughtered though... plus I'm 24 now, feel a bit more grown up.

My girlfriend broke up with this last week and I've been fucking depressed. Went out last night but knew I didn't wanna get too pissed 'cause I'd just get emotional and depressed again, had about five beers in the end and it was just right

Gave me enough confidence to dance, and I pulled, which I could never manage sober! Drinking is major FTW, although I'd never let it creep into more than once a week...
Matt H

22nd Feb 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cb87
quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Never heard of it

What's your story CB, why d'you not drink?

iv never drank and never will

tbh its probably best that you dont!!

and why is that? i would rather get stoned tbh and its not that often i do that

Ohh ffs you just pushed your own boat up shit creak and dropped your own paddle

and tbh i dont care, weed might be a class c drug but it is no worse than alcohol!!

Smoking kills

Carry on

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ever suddenly feel like you should... 22 database queries in 0.0780170 seconds