corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hmmmmm

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hmmmmm
Cosmo

User status: Offline
25th Feb 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont make me explain it
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Feb 09 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
Cosmo

25th Feb 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, really, dont.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Feb 09 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

25th Feb 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously stop it. I dont want to explain so stop trying to make me.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Feb 09 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

26th Feb 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well looks like this has been blown out the water by both club and manager.

Until we next play a big team (few weeks) at which point the trashy media will start it all over again.
Tom

27th Feb 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parry out = benitez staying
Danny P

27th Feb 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Parry out = benitez staying

Can you see Liverpool winning the Premiership under Rafa? Know a lot of Pool fans who are hoping he goes becuase they dont think he'll ever win you the League.

Rafa is a great coach when it comes to European football, but I personally dont think he's cut out for English football over the course of a season.
Tom

27th Feb 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He frustrates me at times but I understand what he is trying to acheieve and how he's trying to do it. We have been alot closer this season and I think whatever the outcome he will hopefully learn from that. If he now gets full control over transfers and doesn't do better again next season then he can't really complain about not having everything he needs to win the league. I don't fancy anyone else coming in and starting the whole process again when we are definitely getting closer to challenging for the title.

To answer your question- I don't see why he can't win the league one day (unlikely this year), the amount of home draws this season aren't all down to him tinkering, the players have to take responsiblity aswell. If they had stepped up to break teams down then people wouldn't be questioning his tactics. Lets remember he gets scrutinised every time he selects a team. Who else could you bring in and say they will definitely win the league with us (our current team)?

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Tom]
Ojc

27th Feb 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need another goal scorer , you have Torres, Man Utd have Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Ronaldo who all chip in with goals.

Keane was a fail but I hear he wasn't even Rafa's signing in the first place.

Get David Villa in and Liverpool will walk the league.
Tom

27th Feb 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

David villa doesn't fancy england though! I 100% agree we need another proven, quality striker. Keane wasn't bought by rafa, probably alot to do with why parry is going. We need torres to convince augero to come to us
Danny P

27th Feb 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
To answer your question- I don't see why he can't win the league one day (unlikely this year), the amount of home draws this season aren't all down to him tinkering, the players have to take responsiblity aswell. If they had stepped up to break teams down then people wouldn't be questioning his tactics. Lets remember he gets scrutinised every time he selects a team. Who else could you bring in and say they will definitely win the league with us (our current team)?
[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Tom]

Obviously you cant say that someone else would just come straight in & win the league.

I agree that the players muct take some responsiblity, however, you have drawn a hell of a lot of games this season. To me a good manager would work out why you are failing to break these teams down & sort it out. Either by playing a different system, different tactics or different personel on the field. Now I dont watch Liverpool every week, so maybe he does do this during games.

I just cant see the Liverpool are any closer to winning the league than they were when he arrived. Best chance they've had in years this year and they've managed to mess it up.

Maybe now Parry has gone things might settle down, but I still cant see Liverpool winning the League under Rafa.
Cosmo

27th Feb 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
You need another goal scorer , you have Torres, Man Utd have Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Ronaldo who all chip in with goals.

Problem is though, Rooney, Tevez and Berb are all (or would be if he purchased Tevez) £30m pound players. We dont have that sort of cash splash about - and Villa would certainly be in that price bracket.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
I agree that the players muct take some responsiblity, however, you have drawn a hell of a lot of games this season. To me a good manager would work out why you are failing to break these teams down & sort it out. Either by playing a different system, different tactics or different personel on the field. Now I dont watch Liverpool every week, so maybe he does do this during games.

We've created the chances and played fairly well in these games, just havent put the ball into the back of the net. Now Im not sure what else Rafa can do to fix that, other than buying different players (something he couldnt do during the season, and no cash to do in Jan). Tactics wouldnt of made the difference, and he has given a fair crack to all players this season tbh.

You've got to remember, something like 21 of Torres' 26 goals last season came at home and in the tight games like Wigan, Stoke, etc. So that has had a massive effect on our home form.

quote:

I just cant see the Liverpool are any closer to winning the league than they were when he arrived. Best chance they've had in years this year and they've managed to mess it up.

Maybe now Parry has gone things might settle down, but I still cant see Liverpool winning the League under Rafa.

No closer? We've NEVER really been in the running come Christmas, let alone end of Jan/Feb. He is certainly closer.
Danny P

27th Feb 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

We've created the chances and played fairly well in these games, just havent put the ball into the back of the net. Now Im not sure what else Rafa can do to fix that, other than buying different players (something he couldnt do during the season, and no cash to do in Jan). Tactics wouldnt of made the difference, and he has given a fair crack to all players this season tbh.

You've got to remember, something like 21 of Torres' 26 goals last season came at home and in the tight games like Wigan, Stoke, etc. So that has had a massive effect on our home form

Fair enough, like I said I dont see them live every week so can only go on what i've seen from highlights and the odd game. He could however stick himself on up front and nod one home

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

No closer? We've NEVER really been in the running come Christmas, let alone end of Jan/Feb. He is certainly closer.

Your not really in the run in now either TBH

Guess we'll have to see come the end of the season, although like you say closest you've come is 9 points of the title in 05/06 so you've never really were close to start with.

[Edited on 27-02-2009 by Danny P]
strick206

27th Feb 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parry going will stop all the rafa didn't sign him rumours, although i'm not fully convinced he never wanted Keane

Didn't he leave Valencia due to not being able to sign people he wanted?
strick206

27th Feb 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Bollocks
Cosmo

27th Feb 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Parry going will stop all the rafa didn't sign him rumours, although i'm not fully convinced he never wanted Keane

Didn't he leave Valencia due to not being able to sign people he wanted?

He wanted Keane, no doubt about that, but he didnt want to spend a stupid amount on him and leave no money for elsewhere. Parry felt otherwise so spent £20m on him!!

He left Valencia as wasnt given the freedom to sign the players he wanted, but thats often the case over there with the presidential elections/director of football type roles that are common.
Cosmo

27th Feb 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Bollocks

We'd certainly of won a good portion of the 10 games we've drawn if he was on fire as he is now.
MatthewR

28th Feb 09 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO you need better/more wingers who score, i think Torres is better on his own up front
Cosmo

28th Feb 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
IMO you need better/more wingers who score, i think Torres is better on his own up front

What about when Torres isnt there? Or if he has a slump in form - which will happen!

We need someone else we can rely on as its too much to just expect Torres to bang in all the goals.

Although do agree we need better wingers too
Marc

28th Feb 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No strength in depth, thats your problem
strick206

28th Feb 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
No strength in depth, thats your problem

This man speaks the troof
Cosmo

2nd Mar 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strength - yes
£20-30m players sat on the bench - nope
Marc

2nd Mar 09 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think Rafa will sack the league off for CL now?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hmmmmm 23 database queries in 0.0147650 seconds