corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » WARNING TO ALL CORSASPORT MEMBERS (please read)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WARNING TO ALL CORSASPORT MEMBERS (please read)
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
11th Mar 09 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With respect, you have not been hacked. You have been lax and gullible.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Mar 09 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 09 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What frustrates me is that when this first broke I had a number of conversations with staff and other people about where the vulnerabilities in CS may have been as it was clearly related to CS - to find that the error was between the keyboard and the chair.
willay
Premium Member

11th Mar 09 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PEBAC mate, I remember when people use to do this on ICQ
Mobby

11th Mar 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it wasnt me, my account got hacked.
Pridzz

11th Mar 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LEL - Just had sum nub add me Address = zorb-studios@hotmail.co.uk - Says added me of CS and tryed asking me my private Q - Fail!
Ste
Premium Member

11th Mar 09 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

offday. And serves you right for being a dumbass.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Nic Barnes

11th Mar 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that ryan george tried to add me before.
taylorboosh

11th Mar 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pridzz
LEL - Just had sum nub add me Address = zorb-studios@hotmail.co.uk - Says added me of CS and tryed asking me my private Q - Fail!

added me also
Terry12

11th Mar 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm having problems with MSN also even though i've added nobody new in months.
I even changed my password via email and it still said incorrect password when trying to log in. I've emailed the helpdesk and await a reply
wilson_sri

11th Mar 09 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha he added me yesterday!

I asked who he was and he told me he seen me online on corsasport. And needed help, because he had bought a dog for his girfriends birthday. And needed help naming it.
Instantly thinking it was dodgy i deleted and blocked him. Glad i did!

What kind of a gimp sits there and does this anyway? Especially to people who likes corsas, as if we dont have it bad enough already.
Ojc

11th Mar 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody added me though, just my password had been changed.
Arnie

11th Mar 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He tried adding me today too, I just ignored it as didn't have a clue who he was.
Ren

12th Mar 09 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Nobody added me though, just my password had been changed.

They wouldn't need to add you if they already had the answer to your secret question, which may of been something you posted on here.
RossyB

12th Mar 09 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone should try and hack him
Daveskater
Premium Member

12th Mar 09 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seeing as he's obviously already been hacked I don't see the point

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
moka

12th Mar 09 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
With respect, you have not been hacked. You have been lax and gullible.

Actually again with respect i do believe this is a type of hacking - if not its certainly a light form of social engineering. Now come on i understand on my part i should not of given this information away but as ive said a couple of times now im SURE it can happen to anyone. I created my MSN account at least 5 maybe 6 years ago, ive never forgot my password so ive never had to answer my secret question thus i forgot what my secret question was. Not that this is an excuse.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What frustrates me is that when this first broke I had a number of conversations with staff and other people about where the vulnerabilities in CS may have been as it was clearly related to CS - to find that the error was between the keyboard and the chair.

Its nothing to do with the vulnerabilities of CS i never said it was nor should you have thought this. It was as simple as showing your msn address in your profile and being online at the time which is why i thought a warning was nescassary. I just put out a warning to the people of CS as it was clearly those would were being targeted.

[Edited on 12-03-2009 by moka]
willay
Premium Member

12th Mar 09 at 08:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its social engineering, not hacking.

When we had an outbreak of this before last month or whatever, we discussed it and thought it might be something internal to CS, ie. how the site worked and not users being stupid. Most of the people who got done over last time didnt provide enough information to come to the conclusion we have come to now. Thus why he mentioned it.
moka

12th Mar 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay

Well i would say Social Engineering is a form of hacking.

quote:
When we had an outbreak of this before last month or whatever, we discussed it and thought it might be something internal to CS, ie. how the site worked and not users being stupid. Most of the people who got done over last time didnt provide enough information to come to the conclusion we have come to now. Thus why he mentioned it.

Oh ok i see
johnhara1

12th Mar 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moka
ncluding me who works in IT Security would fall for something like this. I do feel stupid but more PISSED OFF!!! lol

Seriously?

willay
Premium Member

12th Mar 09 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

hacking - Unauthorized attempts to bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network

Social engineering is the act of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery or deception for the purpose of information gathering, fraud or computer system access; in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.
moka

12th Mar 09 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

hacking - Unauthorized attempts to bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network

Social engineering is the act of manipulating people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. While similar to a confidence trick or simple fraud, the term typically applies to trickery or deception for the purpose of information gathering, fraud or computer system access; in most cases the attacker never comes face-to-face with the victim.

The basic goals of social engineering are the same as hacking in general: to gain unauthorized access to systems or information in order to commit fraud, network intrusion, industrial espionage, identity theft, or simply to disrupt the system or network.
Neo

12th Mar 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this does make me laugh..

why would someone who hasnt ever spoken to you before be interested in where you were born, what your first cats name was, the road ou grew up on, your mums maiden name.....fucking idiots
moka

12th Mar 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
this does make me laugh..

why would someone who hasnt ever spoken to you before be interested in where you were born, what your first cats name was, the road ou grew up on, your mums maiden name.....fucking idiots

The way he said it was...

Where are you from - this is a common question to someone you dont know on the internet - why would he be interested? no idea but i was certainly interested in where he was from... and why he was talking to me. Giving me a valid reason as to where he got my address from my automatic thought was that he wanted to discuss a thread on this website that i might of been involved in which is what displaying your MSN address is FOR.

I replied with the area i lived in (not street address or anything im not that stupid lol) to which he said omg thats where my mum was from... As he said he was from Manchester and it being the other side of the country i thought this was a bit suprising...

He then said to me where was your mother from - wouldnt it be funny if she was from manchester and it was reveresed... As he had already put a location up front i had to correct him.

It was quite well done in my opinion.

But im not dening im not slighty stupid for falling for it.
noshua

12th Mar 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not to insult you but that's pretty stupid giving your questions away. Personally I'd not even fill in the personal questions correctly, or at least add a number on the end.

To find out that you work in IT Security is disturbing.

[Edited on 12-03-2009 by noshua]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » WARNING TO ALL CORSASPORT MEMBERS (please read) 23 database queries in 0.1228290 seconds