corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 125cc 'Race Reps'

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 125cc 'Race Reps'
DizzyRebel

User status: Offline
17th Mar 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SV's are dog shit, wouldnt ever bother with one.

He wants a bike to ride on a cbt not spend £500 on a test. If he enjoys it maybe he will step up to a bigger bike. Plus everyone should own at least one 2 stroke, and learning on one makes riding a bike 4 stroke seem like a doddle afterwards.

SV's are shite commuter bikes, like bandits but not as comfortable. Best starter bike is an early R6. a year on that and then its time to step up to a big bike.
Daimo B

17th Mar 09 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel

SV's are shite commuter bikes, like bandits but not as comfortable. Best starter bike is an early R6. a year on that and then its time to step up to a big bike.

ok, funny how mine was excellent for 2 years into central london as a commuter.

Minitwin series sucks as well doesn't it Suzuki must feel they were cr4p as well hence why they sold millions of them.....
dannymccann

17th Mar 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u VXR
DizzyRebel

18th Mar 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fine as a commuter but for the money there are better commuters out there.

They are not remotely performance orientated. again for the money there are better bikes. plus suzuki build quality is toss

[Edited on 18-03-2009 by DizzyRebel]
Sunz

18th Mar 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sv is a minitwin you know its more about torque and then max speed, bhp, good starter bike as they are very light and easy to ride.

[Edited on 18-03-2009 by Sunz]
DizzyRebel

18th Mar 09 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Torque and power go hand in hand. you will find any 600cc inline 4 has more power and more torque than a 650 twin.

I dont rate them as all the componets on them are usual suzuki sub standard commuter tosh. the feel cheap to ride and sound like a petrol generator with a can on. They are slow too and dont teach you anything about biking as they just arent capable enough. Fine as a commuter but a little uncomfortable and id sooner have a hornet, fazer or bandit over one anyday for the upright riding position

As stated the best starter bike is either an R6 or late CBR600f.

The only small capacity sport twins worth a look in are the aprilia shiver 750 or ducati 848.

jr

18th Mar 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:

They are not remotely performance orientated. again for the money there are better bikes. plus suzuki build quality is toss

quote:
Torque and power go hand in hand. you will find any 600cc inline 4 has more power and more torque than a 650 twin.

I dont rate them as all the componets on them are usual suzuki sub standard commuter tosh. the feel cheap to ride and sound like a petrol generator with a can on. They are slow too and dont teach you anything about biking as they just arent capable enough. Fine as a commuter but a little uncomfortable and id sooner have a hornet, fazer or bandit over one anyday for the upright riding position

The only small capacity sport twins worth a look in are the aprilia shiver 750 or ducati 848.

Bram

18th Mar 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sunz

18th Mar 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Suzuki SV650 produces 84nm of torque.
Yamaha YZF r6 produces 68nm of torque.

From what have read and seen, the v engines do produce more torque over the 4 cylinder.

I dont know where these 4 cylinder engines with more torque then the vtwins are.

YZF R1 118.3 Nm.
Ducati 1098 134 Nm.

jr

18th Mar 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dizzy builds these engines for a living sunz, you must be wrong
dannymccann

18th Mar 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought this

I spent 45 minutes with the seller, going through paperwork (its had all sorts done to it, new piston and what not, all done by a local respected garage, sound lad, bit chavvy and young but for £950, it should be fine for my practising
allza

18th Mar 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice buy. Speedo cables are always going. Also the speedo drives also fail a lot, but not expensive.Id get a new drive too, new ones have got grease nipples too.
dannymccann

18th Mar 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

explain?
richc

18th Mar 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£950 is sound. Im not sure on the speedo thing. Lack of lube i think as being close to the road, and due to the fact is always moving = snap.

You say you have never riding a bike before? It will fee rapid
dannymccann

18th Mar 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes well the Yam YZR(YZF something like that, bluey purple one) felt like shit off a shovel, i glanced down, 30mph

Went round some country roads and it got up to 50 but after that it was fucked, I was liking it up till then but its no good for A roads at 50mph

Heres hoping the RS can survive a decent constant 50 - 60mph A road run

edit - guy doesnt know if its restricted or not, he seems to think it isnt as its quite quick, after asking him though the longest hes ever ridden it for was 14 miles at once, so he couldnt really test it properly anyway. Obviously thats from the guys mouth but he seemed sound enough

[Edited on 18-03-2009 by dannymccann]
richc

18th Mar 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got after market exhaust so i would assume so.
dannymccann

18th Mar 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ya, its very f'kin loud, he was revving it up for me on his drive so I could listen to it (not silly 10k / redline shit) but by christ it was noisy
Daimo B

18th Mar 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I dont rate them as all the componets on them are usual suzuki sub standard commuter tosh. the feel cheap to ride and sound like a petrol generator with a can on.

They are slow too and dont teach you anything about biking as they just arent capable enough.

Fine as a commuter but a little uncomfortable and id sooner have a hornet, fazer or bandit over one anyday for the upright riding position

Your personnal opinion, fair enough, all suzukis are known for poor quality materials hence cost of budget bikes.

Fast enough to kill you, fast enough to learn on, lots of low down available torque. Again, Minitwin series would dissagree with you. Its a budget bike, and for the money, great value for a new motorcycle.

Fine as a commuter, or not, please make your mind up? My SV was fine, my bandit was fine. Bandit has a huge fuel tank and is low cost and different riding position and more of a town bike or euro hack. Fazer is not as good round town, poor turning circle, rubbish bottom end power, good top end. Hornet is a great little bike, but tiny fuel tank and expensive cost. You get what your paying for, and its a good bike.
Daimo B

18th Mar 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz

From what have read and seen, the v engines do produce more torque over the 4 cylinder.

I dont know where these 4 cylinder engines with more torque then the vtwins are.

YZF R1 118.3 Nm.
Ducati 1098 134 Nm.

tbh, he is right, a SS600 produces as much torque at low revs as a min twin engine. Thing is the SV's delivery is much more fierce, where-as on a SS600 the delivery is very smooth and the real power kick comes in at top revs where the sv runs out of puff.

Twins are great fun though, especially cheap fun minitwins.
dannymccann

19th Mar 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you can see VXR i went for the RS in the end Thanks for your informative u2u though, much appreciated, as I know you are a keen biker
DizzyRebel

19th Mar 09 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Just bought this

I spent 45 minutes with the seller, going through paperwork (its had all sorts done to it, new piston and what not, all done by a local respected garage, sound lad, bit chavvy and young but for £950, it should be fine for my practising

I know the bike, ive done work on it before. It wants some BT090 tires on it and its good to roll.

If its de-restricted it will piss past 80mph. if its restricted it will not rev much over 8000rpm.
DizzyRebel

19th Mar 09 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

quote:

quote:

quote:

I missed a comma between shite and commuter, it should have read 'shite, comuter bikes' ie they are shite and only good for commuting on.

Minitwins series is just budget racing, doesnt mean the SV is a capable racer its just a cheap way to go racing thats why it proves popular.

DizzyRebel

19th Mar 09 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz

YZF R1 118.3 Nm.
Ducati 1098 134 Nm.

From racing experience, twins produce less power and torque than inline 4's. Hence why they are allowed to run 748cc in the 600 class and 1100cc in the 1000cc class.

V4 is the way forwards for any road racing motorcycle. Aprilia are already getting amazing results in their first outing with a brand new bike.

DizzyRebel

19th Mar 09 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
dizzy builds these engines for a living sunz, you must be wrong

twins are less powerful than the equivalent cc fours, thats why they do 750 twins and 1100 twins instead of 600 and 1000's like the fours. stop trying to be a smart arse your just making a fool out of yourself in the process!
fazza

19th Mar 09 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the deal to ride these nowadays?

i took my cbt when i was 16, im now 21. i also passed my car test within a year of having my cbt.

can anyone shed any light? could i just go and get an rs125 and ride away or do i need to cbt again?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 125cc 'Race Reps' 22 database queries in 0.2694159 seconds