corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Budget

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Budget
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 09 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair there are a few things that are going to benifit me in that report, for example 2k scrap thingy. I don't really drink and have never smoked so 2% on them isn't going to bother me. 2p on petrol is annoying but i'll be on more money come September so it'll just be absorbed into that.

Just watched Cameron try and rip it apart
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Sorry, you're right as usual. Yes life isn't fair, but you are trying to suggest that taxing the rich more is. I'm not saying whats right or wrong to do. I'm saying YOU are WRONG by saying that its a FAIR system. FAIR means EQUAL, if everyone got taxed say 10% of their wage, that is EQUAL to EVERYONE and FAIR.

But you will argue as you always do and make up some rubbish stories and ideas.

Someone throwing a hissy fit over a singular word. My word, i'll buy you a dummy

OK, fair isn't the right word....

The correct thing to do.

Is that better honey???
Boycey

22nd Apr 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well put VXR! And Joe what pish are you slavering up the top? No dreams and aspirations! I'll be in the £40,000+ tax band next year but I can still see why the rich gets taxed more than the poor! Some people need to open their eyes!
John

22nd Apr 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Threads wrecked, can we start a new one in prem where we don't have to put up with him.

It's the same tripe every single thread.
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Joe is just looking for an argument rather than a discussion.

Yes, im always right, yes im always right, yes im always right..

Oh sorry, my record player got stuck....
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Threads wrecked, can we start a new one in prem where we don't have to put up with him.

I dunno, you, cosmo and vxr are the perfect mix for a proper internet debate that will never finish. Kinda like if you sellotape two cats together and drop them they will just keep spinning above the floor.
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Boycey
Well put VXR! And Joe what pish are you slavering up the top? No dreams and aspirations! I'll be in the £40,000+ tax band next year but I can still see why the rich gets taxed more than the poor! Some people need to open their eyes!

No one said they couldnt see why, they said its not fair.

You said it is fair, and have yet to explain yourself.
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:

I dunno, you, cosmo and vxr are the perfect mix for a proper internet debate that will never finish. Kinda like if you sellotape two cats together and drop them they will just keep spinning above the floor.

Ive no idea what you mean
Rob_Quads

wonder how many £100 bangers are going to be bought on ebay .

Will be interesting to see the full details of the 2K car deal thing, I would expect they put in a clause like you need to have owned the car for a year.
John

Debate and saying the same rubbish that has nothing to do with anything in every thread are a bit different though willay.
Joe

I'm happy to discuss, I'm not the arguementative type. Just don't see how you can call it a fair system, when it clearly isn't.

Anyway I have to go back to work so have a nice discussion
Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Why, jsut becuase you don't agree... what a shame.

How about growing the fcuk up and having a discussion about it. I guess im simply not allowed an opinion, nor a reply.

I mean what with all my hissy dummy spitting sarcastic comments and ignorent selfish opinions......

We've just been chatting as far as I see....

PS, don't like a simple free open discussion, then screw off
John

Neo

quote:
Originally posted by pow
To be fair there are a few things that are going to benifit me in that report, for example 2k scrap thingy. I don't really drink and have never smoked so 2% on them isn't going to bother me. 2p on petrol is annoying but i'll be on more money come September so it'll just be absorbed into that.

But it's going to affect a lot of the people who cant afford to buy their luxuries anyway.

2% on drink and fags is gonna hit me a fair bit, already paying £6 a packet and have 8 - 10 pints a week, will become noticible.

I don't "agree" with tax the rich policies, however its done in a way that means people on lower wages, who need the money aren't taxed too highly. I think 50% is overkill, however the idea of incremental tax bands is correct.
willay
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

Yes i have a pay review before September but that doesn't mean you should just bend over and accept the fact they are taxing us on fuel. I mean WTF what else do they want from the motorist? Add that to yesterdays news giving a fine and points for minor traffic issues (spun as 'making less paperwork for traffic police scum') and it just looks like a war on the motorist.

cash for scrapped cars is bollocks too, new cars are overpriced and fall dramatically in value as soon as you leave the show room imo.
Cosmo

22nd Apr 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

22nd Apr 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Debate and saying the same rubbish that has nothing to do with anything in every thread are a bit different though willay.

How????

Did I start off about if is right or not.

All I put was its fair, which i've admitted was the wrong word to use.

2 pages later, your still throwing a hissy fit, you bloody lamo... get a grip man, seriously

In fact, re-reading my comments, i haven't put that its fair in any way whatsoever...

So your whinging away at me for something I enver even wrote.

Quality, gotta love the internet people when they are in a huff cos someone does't agree with them

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by VXR]
willay
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I totally agree.
Dr Pepper

22nd Apr 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They havnt gone far enough imo

It may not be fair but neither is life

Is it fair that I was lucky enough to have parents who could afford to put me throuigh uni, pay for me to do things ect where some people are born to smack head parents who dont give them anything.

The rich should give to the poor imo- thats the only way a civilised society can balance out the random nature of the surroundings you are born into.

It is my personal opinion that society should never have got itself ito a situation where some people earn 1 million per year and some people earn 6 pound an hour.

Now it has tax is the only way to keep the gap between the rich and the poor stabalised.

Most people earning over 150k per year are doing jobs that I would not do on a moral basis - tax their arses off- they will still be richer than most of us - but at least we might have some better hospitals to die earlier than them in

[Edited on 22-04-2009 by Dr Pepper]
John

22nd Apr 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I totally agree.

Boycey

22nd Apr 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be an unfair system if the blacks got taxed 60% and whites 40%. It would bean unfair system if females were taxed 60% and males taxed 40%. Those are unfair tax systems. The current tax system is justmaking those who have a lot of money to contribute a little bit more tax than those who are not as well off as themselves!
pow
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you'd moan at me for moaning about increased fuel price? Can't win can I
Neo

22nd Apr 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cash for scrapped cars is bollocks too, new cars are overpriced and fall dramatically in value as soon as you leave the show room imo.

yes and no, mum has a corsa, 11 years old, worth £400 tops.

Was looking into buying a new car (one of those weird companies...ssangyong or something) for 5.5k....so now rather than getting £400 part ex, will be 2k...

admittedly the price of the car will drop once driven out the showroom, however on such a cheap car to start with depreciation will me miniscule.

I does however bring up the question...will car manufacturers raise the price of new cars ?
John

22nd Apr 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they'll probably just start charging rrp, people will still think they are getting a bargain getting 2k off rrp when nobody has paid rrp for years.
willay
Premium Member

22nd Apr 09 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
And you'd moan at me for moaning about increased fuel price? Can't win can I

why would I moan? I'm moaning about it anyway.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » The Budget 22 database queries in 0.0135541 seconds