corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Paul and Butler's Day Trip 'Up North' ... (ampton). (updated pg2 on why it was soft)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paul and Butler's Day Trip 'Up North' ... (ampton). (updated pg2 on why it was soft)
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th May 09 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah as long as you mirror the changes on each corner it should be ok. Best get to grips with it yourself so you dont have to rely on someone else. I must say when I had my coilovers 'setup' by Leda it was brilliant. Only thing I changed from that point was the damper rating and never the height.
Paul_J

20th May 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool. RCS you got that guide for setting up?

Jamsport have offered me free setup and re geo this sat... it's a long way to drive though. Plus the roads nearby aren't a great guage... Full of traffic, pretty straight and flat.
willay
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good, just make sure Mark doesnt sell you any of that Snake oil.
Robin
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Snake oil?

Paul, the springs on your coilovers are 10kg/10kg, as requested.

Rob's kit was returned to the supplier when he no longer required it.

The spring rates are on the box IIRC.
willay
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, I meant don't put any money down for something that will never actually turn up in the post because you've been fed aload of bollocks and its been sold to someone else
Robin
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the hell are you on about now?
willay
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you think I'm going on about Robin?
broster
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For a mod your very opinionated!
willay
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Mark you've only worked this out now?
Robin
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're on about Fad's inlets, they're different on the 172 and 182, so there's no story there whatsoever.

If you're on about your wastegate, which took the UK Tial supplier an age to deliver, then sorry, again, but there's nothing I can do now.
willay
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah not the wastegate Robin, the inlets, I thought the only difference between the inlets was the casting? so they fit regardless?
Ojc

20th May 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread is fun.
Robin
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
nah not the wastegate Robin, the inlets, I thought the only difference between the inlets was the casting? so they fit regardless?

Nah, there's a difference in the breather connection on the 172 and 182, so although it would physically bolt on, the breather wouldn't seal.

willay
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh right, I dont believe you but ok, I thought there was no difference between the inlets once they had been ported anyway? Maybe I got my details mixed up?

Are Fad's inlets still in the post then?
John

20th May 09 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People put standard 182 inlets on 172s.
willay
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats interesting John.
broster
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John, No they don't, well i supose they can do, they would need to swap the cam cover tho, and then when they do that they will need to swap the head as the cam cover actually has the cam journals build into it, so its matched to the head or the cams will more than likely lock.

here are some pics of the differences with the 172 and 182.

from the outset the look very similar, even can be confused for the same

however:

172 and 182 have different bolt hole points as above

182 has another take off on it as above

and there is a different casting on the 182 as seen above, this means it physically wont fit onto a 172.

Sorry to put this into your thread paul, but it seems its got some poor information on it, i wouldn't expect willay to know this as he has probably never seen a 172 and 182 inlet off a car.
willay
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good pictures Mark, so the inlet is still in the post yeah?
broster
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv discussed it with Fad earlier today, and its being sorted tomorrow.
willay
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent.
Fad

20th May 09 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by willay

Nah, there's a difference in the breather connection on the 172 and 182, so although it would physically bolt on, the breather wouldn't seal.

Right if this is going for tit for tat I actually rang Mark Fish and Spoke to Icarus on Cliosport prior to being fed constant bullshit.

The fact is lower manifold will fit either a 172 or a 182 (182 and 172 cups have RS stamped ones, with a bit larger tracts), but the upper manifold is different, the canister line goes into the head in the 172 and for the 182 it goes into the upper manifold. It is the upper plelum that is different not the lower inlet. I played dumb just to see what you would tell me.

I said to Mark that I was apreciative for the stuff he did for me previously I even recomended you to people who personally asked me if you could be trusted. However I do not appreciate being lied to nor being made a fool to other customers. The faxt Paul rang me up bragging about how my inlet was being fitted to bButlers car just confirmed what was going on. Brushing it off as a joke is inexcusable.

The very fact of the matter here is someone came along with more money and you instantly thought a quikc buck was to be made despite me giving money upfront and in good faith.

As a result my Ring trip is increasingly near and due to the dealy I cannot have the items I paid for and was promised.
broster
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hence the refund to be sorted tomorrow when warren comes to collect his car.

i also never made you out to be a fool to other customers.

im glad you appreicate the discont on the center section and the re-map i did at 8.30pm

[Edited on 20-05-2009 by broster]
Paul_J

20th May 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can all of my threads stop ending up in this argument

Can you all sort it over u2u if you want to moan at each other. Rather than do it in public.

I can assure everyone, (as I'm sure butler can), when we were at Jamsport - that fad's inlets were not fitted to butler's car.

We spoke about it like as if it was a joke, but I'd of noticed just in body language or something if Mark / Robin were giving us 'fads' inlet.

I jokingly said 'Is this fads' at one point, but it was so obvious that they were not giving butler fad's one. That's why the joke continued - because it was obvious it wasn't fad's.

If we honestly thought it was fads inlet, we wouldn't of joked about it - In the same way, I doubt mark or robin would've 'played along' - potentially causing shit like this, if they had geniunely given them away.

I don't know where fad's inlet is... I did see a few unported inlets for clios lying about, so it's possible it's still not done. They had a 'RS' one there? and a 172 one and butler's old one.... and we were comparing the differences between them.
Fad

20th May 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picture of the lower inlet

The above picture is the above plelum
broster
Premium Member

20th May 09 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fad, i can do you a matched inlet, but the gain is also from reworking the plenum not jus tthe lower section.

on a clio the inlet is commonly refered to the lower and upper section.

also RS inlets are fitted to some ph1 cars, most 172 cups and most 182's but not all

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Paul and Butler's Day Trip 'Up North' ... (ampton). (updated pg2 on why it was soft) 22 database queries in 0.0153239 seconds