corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vxr8 quick?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vxr8 quick?
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
1st Jun 09 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aaronc190
davey lc you think you know everything!

Chris x

1st Jun 09 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john_c20xe

do1 nicole yeh was on polgate bypass was very empty road tho

I will think of you when I drive along there in the morning to work tomorrow then
Cole

1st Jun 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks john love you to LOL so when do I get a drive
davcohen

1st Jun 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
The man talks sense!

Thanks atleast you have driven one and are slating it i guess but seriously this woman doesnt seem to have a bad thing to say and going buy what she has said you must be expecting way way to much in terms of braking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiW8QHq0yUI
john_c20xe

1st Jun 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
DaveyLC

3rd Jun 09 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aaronc190
davey lc you think you know everything!

I dont THINK I know everything.. I KNOW IT.. HTH!
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jun 09 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they're both quick. That is fine.
timmee

6th Jun 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here's the responce on vxronline

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52661
Corsa_Sport21

6th Jun 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And most of them think its just a "redtop" and a few think its a Zlet.
Terry12

6th Jun 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by crazybrightman
there really not that fast, infact i dont like them i did but then i drove one on a vxr trackday and it was shite, the corsa vxr was faster and 10times more fun aound the track. their too big, heavy and the engines are from the stone age, without a supercharger they really leave you feeling flat.

I went on the VXR day at Oulton park last year. I didn't like the Corsa perosnally, It felt cramped and ran out of puff too soon. The Astra was best in my opinion followd by the VXR8 which just pulled like a train no matter what gear or revs you were in.
I'd love an Astra Nurburgring, Went with the touring car driver in one and loved it.
FruitBooTeR

6th Jun 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by timmee
here's the responce on vxronline

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52661

quote:
Originally posted by sometwatonvxronline
somebody has spent quite a bit of money on doing the conversion. And its not uncommon for whoever does the conversion, to tune it to 200bhp + while they are it. Think they're 160 or something as standard. but being turbo engines are very tunable.

hmmmmm ok mate
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jun 09 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does nobody read the first comment?
FruitBooTeR

6th Jun 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you mean Eck?
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jun 09 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I mean on the VXRonline thread buddy. 2ltr turbo was his exact words and yet there are still 160bhp figures mentioned, like in your post
FruitBooTeR

6th Jun 09 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know yeh

You'd think with it being a VX site and praps a lot of them attending shows such as pvs they would be familier with all the different vauxhalls and engines....

Most are prob just rich cu*ts whove spunked their 20k bonus on a vxr
vxr8

7th Jun 09 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good morning boys ..lets set the record straight.........

I like the comments about driving like a fanny...etc etc...and would say this,,,,lets put our driving qualifications down on the table and see who has the title...!! I think i may just edge it!!

Any driver anybody can drive fast in a straight line thats not where it counts,,now thats off my chest i,ve got the nuts to tell you how it is...

Having just come out of B nQ as the guys will testify with four bags of cement in my boot I saw the lad and his mate up my chuff and thought here we go..(as mentioned in my thread on vxr) ..
They were right up my dirtbox and i honestly thought i would muller them.
HOW WRONG WAS I!!
The were all over my jacksey like a queer at a bumfest..I was well impressed..I did not have the 8 in sportmode and thought the automatic would still come up trumps..WRONG AGAIN!!

At about 135ish i decided to ease off because of four major factors

ONE..there was a big police operation in that area over that weekend and they were nicking everyone, taking no prisoners.

Two ...You get six weeks inside and a lenghty ban for those speeds

Three ..other people ..didnt want to be reported for racing on highway..or worse, killing someone..(me and the lads behind me)

Four...Im old enough to know better.

I was young once and probably still am mentally..but the roads of sussex hold major statistics..

DEATH
two of my sons friends were killed on the polegate bypass outside PJ skips on the A22 very recently (8 weeks ago) caning their car)

I would alsways be happy to have a laugh with you guys on the pod..no probs, and then you can embarrass me there...(s/c or 20 k bonus being spent on upgraded bathhurst)

I must congratulate the nice lads on that bit of fun , but reading your previous posts..just be careful its easy to die!!
Would be very happy to buy you both a pint.

great corsa though..i want one..can anybody tell me what spec to get and where to buy one if theres one for sale?
ta
Kind regards
JJ..

[Edited on 07-06-2009 by vxr8]

Ojc

7th Jun 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
I know yeh

You'd think with it being a VX site and praps a lot of them attending shows such as pvs they would be familier with all the different vauxhalls and engines....

Most are prob just rich cu*ts whove spunked their 20k bonus on a vxr

Rich, I wish

Although I will admit VXRonline isn't blessed with motoring knowledge, some of the threads on there do frighten me, but there are a few that know their Vauxhalls but they are in their minority.
Cole

7th Jun 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vxr8 there is plenty for sale if you look around pistonheads eBay etc you could build one yourself which is what most do on here if you sourced all the parts I can put you in touch with a guy in eastbourne who can put it all together for you
Stu

7th Jun 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vxr8
Good morning boys ..lets set the record straight.........

I like the comments about driving like a fanny...etc etc...and would say this,,,,lets put our driving qualifications down on the table and see who has the title...!! I think i may just edge it!!

Any driver anybody can drive fast in a straight line thats not where it counts,,now thats off my chest i,ve got the nuts to tell you how it is...

Having just come out of B nQ as the guys will testify with four bags of cement in my boot I saw the lad and his mate up my chuff and thought here we go..(as mentioned in my thread on vxr) ..
They were right up my dirtbox and i honestly thought i would muller them.
HOW WRONG WAS I!!
The were all over my jacksey like a queer at a bumfest..I was well impressed..I did not have the 8 in sportmode and thought the automatic would still come up trumps..WRONG AGAIN!!

At about 135ish i decided to ease off because of four major factors

ONE..there was a big police operation in that area over that weekend and they were nicking everyone, taking no prisoners.

Two ...You get six weeks inside and a lenghty ban for those speeds

Three ..other people ..didnt want to be reported for racing on highway..or worse, killing someone..(me and the lads behind me)

Four...Im old enough to know better.

I was young once and probably still am mentally..but the roads of sussex hold major statistics..

DEATH
two of my sons friends were killed on the polegate bypass outside PJ skips on the A22 very recently (8 weeks ago) caning their car)

I would alsways be happy to have a laugh with you guys on the pod..no probs, and then you can embarrass me there...(s/c or 20 k bonus being spent on upgraded bathhurst)

I must congratulate the nice lads on that bit of fun , but reading your previous posts..just be careful its easy to die!!
Would be very happy to buy you both a pint.

great corsa though..i want one..can anybody tell me what spec to get and where to buy one if theres one for sale?
ta
Kind regards
JJ..

Respect!!!
Eck
Premium Member

7th Jun 09 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair play for signing up and not being a twat about it tbh! I know which I'd rather have

If you want one of these wee rockets, it seems easier and much more cost efficient to get one that's already been done (but obviously look for one that's had a full rebuild with proof). They normally cost £3-4k for a good one! Ps; get some pics of the 8 up
taylorboosh

7th Jun 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes pics up please, i bet the vx sounds better than the corsa though
vxr8

7th Jun 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hiya guys can anybody tell me if this is a good deal on ebay item number 160339146867
Thanks
taylorboosh

7th Jun 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is very nice but it wont go for that much
vxr8

7th Jun 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the lad wants £5500
Eck
Premium Member

7th Jun 09 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
that is very nice but it wont go for that much

That all depends. It's definitley had a lot of money spent on it. Didn't Stavs spend a fortune getting his one converted?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vxr8 quick? 22 database queries in 0.0206468 seconds