corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » inusrance - how much do you pay?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author inusrance - how much do you pay?
adz_gsi

User status: Offline
9th Jun 09 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new car quote is as folloows
21 o ncb
astra sport 3.0l v6
all mods declared gsi kit, lowered alloys, brakes fully comp 1500£
250 excess
hahhah lol last years 1.8 was 2k
oli_the_thread

9th Jun 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20 y/o
Corsa B GSi
All mods declared (full stainless sytem, 4-2-1, lowered, alloys, DBilas inlet, induction kit)
£635 With adrian flux
Fonz
Premium Member

9th Jun 09 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

premium: £470
Car: Eunos Roadster (Mazda MX5 import) 1.6
NCB: 3 yrs
Insurer: Admiral

premium: £280
car: Vauxhall Nova, 1985/C reg, 1.0
NCB: 0yrs
Insurer: Direct Line

History: one claim Sept 05, one no fault claim in July 08
both cases my Dad as a named driver and are fully comp

[Edited on 09-06-2009 by Fonz]
Adam_B

9th Jun 09 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paying about £700 FC for my car, being old(er) FTW!

[Edited on 09-06-2009 by Adam_B]
richc

9th Jun 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Erm, according to both my policy and Quinn themselves I can providing I have the owners permission

I had serveral doubts about this and spent a considerable time talking to staff who didnt seem to be clued up them selves. After me telling them different sample situations, it turns out your not allowed to drive convertables or 4x4s

So i said if i had a policy with you, i could drive my dads ferrari 360 (he hasnt) but i cant drive my mums vitara to which she hesistated and said

'yes'

Its a con TBH and i wouldnt trust it. Your telling me they will pay out for you driving a friends ferrari 360 cs for example whilst your only giving them £1000 of your money to knock about in a 1.0 12v corsa? i cant see that being the case. If you asked for a quote on a 360cs, im adament they wouldnt give you a price and would say your not old enough or something! But like i say, they would let you drive it because you insured a 1.0 corsa???

[Edited on 09-06-2009 by richc]
John

9th Jun 09 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They won't be paying a penny towards the 360cs being fixed though, only the 3rd party.
shaunmods
Premium Member

9th Jun 09 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
They won't be paying a penny towards the 360cs being fixed though, only the 3rd party.

Thats what I was thinking. I'm just going by what I've been told by Quinn and whats on my insurance certificate
richc

9th Jun 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes true sorry got carried away, but i mean its all down to risk isnt it with they prices they give at a young age, and what the let you drive as they think your going to stack into everyone.

In a 360cs, you are off the scale in their eyes, and the insurance are thinking you are odds on to smash it into someone causing them to pay out.

I know people and a friend is doing this aswell

They insure little 1.6 hatches like fiat stilo's, 316 bmws etc and knock about in the audi TT's, Fiat coupe turbos etc all day long. The other cars dont move!

richc

9th Jun 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:

Thats what I was thinking. I'm just going by what I've been told by Quinn and whats on my insurance certificate

Im sure Corsa_sport21 (is that his user name) mentioned this and receieve 6 points thinging he was cover. I hope he can comment.

I just thought it was too good to be true (best friend doe this) so i enquired. And like i say, the staff wasnt clue up at all, and i referred to the insurce docs etc and eventually got told about the 4x4 and convertable exception. Does it say anything about this in your documents?

Its all abit wierd tbh. I just cant see how for example they would let you knock about in a 360cs and not a street KA
harrisp

9th Jun 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc

They insure little 1.6 hatches like fiat stilo's, 316 bmws etc and knock about in the audi TT's, Fiat coupe turbos etc all day long. The other cars dont move!

Dont see how that works as their other cars wipuld still have to be insured by someone else.
richc

9th Jun 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:

Dont see how that works as their other cars wipuld still have to be insured by someone else.

By their parents
Liam

9th Jun 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£850 TPF&T on a 1.6 SXi Astra. 20, with 1 year NCB, all mods declared.
dan_m1les

9th Jun 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

harrisp, I had a mte who insured him sel on a 1.0 corsa and drove around in his dads MR2 turbo at 17... it was actually his mr2 Turbo, and the corsa never moved.
John

9th Jun 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read a lot of stuff about quinn not really covering you, it's a bit strange because they either do or don't, I don't know why they can't clarify it.

I know I can drive any car I want on my Bell policy.

You can't own the car so to do it you need to get somebody willing to have the v5 and another policy in their name.

[Edited on 09-06-2009 by John]
richc

9th Jun 09 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've read a lot of stuff about quinn not really covering you, it's a bit strange because they either do or don't, I don't know why they can't clarify it.

That is my point. I think its to attract younger drivers for business!
richc

9th Jun 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend insures his fiat stilo 1.6 pays something like 700 a year.

His dad insures the Coupe turbo (£174 quid and put that in his name.

Then he puts his Saab 95 hot aero in his wifes name and collectivley they all drive each others
James

9th Jun 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Astra Coupe Turbo

24 - 6 Years NCB

£450 Fully Comp.
Corsa_Sport21

9th Jun 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:

Im sure Corsa_sport21 (is that his user name) mentioned this and receieve 6 points thinging he was cover. I hope he can comment.

I just thought it was too good to be true (best friend doe this) so i enquired. And like i say, the staff wasnt clue up at all, and i referred to the insurce docs etc and eventually got told about the 4x4 and convertable exception. Does it say anything about this in your documents?

Its all abit wierd tbh. I just cant see how for example they would let you knock about in a 360cs and not a street KA

Spot on bud.

My 1st IN10 was when i was driving my bros Mk3 Astra,thought i was insured as i was with Quinn Direct and it said on my policy i can drive any other vehicle with the owners permission.
Well,that wasnt true.There was alot of info hidden in the small print about it only applying to the person driving if they hold an EU licence.Sadly i only held a Full UK licence,like the majority of UK residents.So therefore i wasnt actually insured.There was lots of other stuff hidden in the policy too.Yeah it was my fault for not reading it and i paid the price,but im willing to bet that every1 else thats with Quinn and has the same thing written on there policy about driving other cars etc,isnt actually insured to drive other cars.

Seriously,dont trust Quinn Direct.
ste_p23

9th Jun 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adrain flux quoted me happy

20yrs old

2years NCB

TFFT on a 1.6 sport all mods declared.

£649
mattk

9th Jun 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive my mums Megane CC around on my any car Bell policy, nowhere on the certificate I have does it state any exemptions, Im only 21 too

I will continue to drive it
noshua

9th Jun 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 8v, in my dad's name, policy was taken out when I was 17, although 18 now, £1450
StueyBoy1989

9th Jun 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 19 golf mk4 gttdi 130, 1k i didnt opt for the drive any car cause im not to sure on it. an i think it would end up getting me in trouble im with bell.
FAZ
Premium Member

9th Jun 09 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of you recommend / use bell, that good? says its part of admiral :S are they the same peoople?
John

9th Jun 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bell admiral and elephant are the same people, bell are always by far the cheapest for me but i've not had a claim yet.
martyn_1.4

9th Jun 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 18, 1.4 sport
lowering declared
1yr ncb
£1200 TPFT

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » inusrance - how much do you pay? 22 database queries in 0.0172319 seconds