corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » unemployed day

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author unemployed day
mattk

User status: Offline
10th Jun 09 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the 1:10pm slot

my mate has to go at 9am, ouch he has to get up to go to the dole office haha
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it too and i only had a meeting there, applying for everything tbh
J da Silva

10th Jun 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you badger business owners in the pub? Do you put ads in papers? Do you ask the dole office to get jobs for you? Do you even think to yourself "I'll just take this job to tide me over until something more suitable comes along"?

I do appreciate you lads maybe fed up with sitting in the house, but there are jobs out there, you might just have to come out your comfort zones in order to get work, but work is work, right?
mattk

10th Jun 09 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather do a job a week and be on the doll, I didnt spend y ears on £80 a week training to be a plumber to work behind a bar or in asda, Im quite happy at the moment, just need a tad more money, Im getting a few more calls lately though, one I have a bit more cash for advertising and stuff Il sign off and crack on at starting a buisness, dont have the dosh for it at the mo though
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Do you badger business owners in the pub? Do you put ads in papers? Do you ask the dole office to get jobs for you? Do you even think to yourself "I'll just take this job to tide me over until something more suitable comes along"?

I do appreciate you lads maybe fed up with sitting in the house, but there are jobs out there, you might just have to come out your comfort zones in order to get work, but work is work, right?

yes i do all of those and like i say ill do anything that pays my loan
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Id rather do a job a week and be on the doll, I didnt spend y ears on £80 a week training to be a plumber to work behind a bar or in asda, Im quite happy at the moment, just need a tad more money, Im getting a few more calls lately though, one I have a bit more cash for advertising and stuff Il sign off and crack on at starting a buisness, dont have the dosh for it at the mo though

i really do see your point but imo any port in a storm, but if you can manage then why not wait for the correct chance
J da Silva

quote:

Declared earnings on said jobs?

I understand you spent all the time and effort training, but your not working for a plumbing firm right now are you, this is what I mean, just do anything for aslong as you have to, even if it's just for a week.
You don't have the capital to start a business because you haven't got a job, so how are you ever going to start one? Please don't think I'm being funny here, and as a business owner myself I meet plenty of people asking for jobs and I see it all basically.

I've just taken on someone who used to lay bricks for 15 years, he can't get a job laying bricks as other people are driving the prices down by undercutting him all the time, so he's gone down a new avenue so to speak, it took him all of 20 minutes to get a new job, and 15 of them was me yapping on about CSCS cards and invoicing policies.
Gareth F

quote:

Most jobsi apply for have already been filled, they dont take the adverts down
Ive always been employed and never seaked a single penny in benifits, thats why im finding it so hard. Just takes time.
mattk

10th Jun 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nahh Im doing jobs cash in hand and keeping that dosh for starting myself, I can live off the dole

I need £20 a week for diesel and the rest goes on beer, It will work its self out
J da Silva

10th Jun 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried Cosmo's loans Ltd? I've heard he's minted.
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
quote:

Most jobsi apply for have already been filled, they dont take the adverts down
Ive always been employed and never seaked a single penny in benifits, thats why im finding it so hard. Just takes time.

so your not claiming jobseekers? you, some1 who has paid in ito the system is entitled to it most, u must be nuts mate
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh matt i wouldnt declare as everytime you do it will fuck the shit out of your dole for weeks
mattk

10th Jun 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not declaring shite yet
Gareth F

10th Jun 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, i keep putting it off. Need my name to be put on the tenancy for our rented house then ill claim as they will pay my rent and council tax. Only found one job that i have a chance with (department manager) all the other have fucked me about.
mattk

10th Jun 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt claim it for about 6 weeks! silly mistake get on it tomorrow, its 30 mins on the fone, a 5 min interveiw and your sorted
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just apply for anything and still hear nothing
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didnt claim it for about 6 weeks! silly mistake get on it tomorrow, its 30 mins on the fone, a 5 min interveiw and your sorted

i did it as soon as i finished
Gareth F

10th Jun 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck it, im going out for a walk. These four walls are getting boring. Time to smoke one of my fags, down to one a day
l15ter

10th Jun 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i would like a full time job, but im a part time cleaner at a hospital, its better than being on £60 every other week for job seeking.
im also going back to college in sept as im fed up going for jobs and not getting any chance with them.
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
Fuck it, im going out for a walk. These four walls are getting boring. Time to smoke one of my fags, down to one a day

lol 1 a day? take the jump and just quit
taylorboosh

10th Jun 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
well i would like a full time job, but im a part time cleaner at a hospital, its better than being on £60 every other week for job seeking.
im also going back to college in sept as im fed up going for jobs and not getting any chance with them.

good man tempted to do similar also
l15ter

10th Jun 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea easy cleaning jobs, shit job, but its easy money, just depends how stuck up some people can be
richc

10th Jun 09 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter

Big respect to people who do this! Its nothing what you have trained for, and its probably the last thing you wanted to do, but you have done it to stay of the benifits systems

100 e points
l15ter

10th Jun 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sooner be working with cars than mops
taylorboosh

11th Jun 09 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have to ring the r.a.f today to arrange an appointment,

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » unemployed day 22 database queries in 0.0144508 seconds