corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Internationals - Sponsored by 279 days

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Internationals - Sponsored by 279 days
Cosmo

User status: Offline
5th Sep 09 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Bendtners goal!!!!!

It wasnt that good, or are you just amazed that he stayed on his feet?
Nath

5th Sep 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Bendtners goal!!!!!

It wasnt that good, or are you just amazed that he stayed on his feet?

I didn't think it was that good either tbh

Good goal, but nothing amazing.
MatthewR

5th Sep 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

opinions on argentina v brazil????
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Sep 09 at 00:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so far its pretty crap
JM Curdy

6th Sep 09 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben J doesnt really bum arsenal at every oppertunity though does he
AndyKent

6th Sep 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Beat the Franchise 3-2 Came from behind twice an all which was more than pleasing.

Also, I have to say that MK are the worst excuse for a Football team ever. I hated them before for what Wankerman did with Wimbledon but now I think I just feel sorry for them. Worst atmosphere inside any stadium I have ever been in. EVERY home fan sat throughout and didn't sing once, not even after they had scored

I know they have a lot of "new age" fans who don't really have a clue, but come on.

EDIT - Just realised this is an International Thread, had a few beers today

[Edited on 05-09-2009 by Danny P]

Really off topic now, but I (mostly) disagree
I was there as well with my mate in his usual press spot and whilst the atmosphere is always fairly poor and most 'fans' do just stay seated, the main home end was pretty much always on their feet the whole game. I watched pretty much everyone get to their feet at both of MKs goals as well, along with that bullshit song played Certainly weren't all just sitting there though, by any means.

Half the problem I can see is that (1) they're still giving away loads of free tickets (like mine) to people who don't care much for the team and (2) the away fans are totally separated from the rest of the stadium meaning theres no banter between the fans to hype the atmosphere.
AlexSXI

6th Sep 09 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add Alan Pardew to the Badger list!!!

Southampton 0-0 Colchester after getting 1 of our midfielders sent off in the 35th minute for a tackle that was given a throw-in by the linesman and then our captain stretchered off in the 45th minute that is a great result
Danny P

6th Sep 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Really off topic now, but I (mostly) disagree
I was there as well with my mate in his usual press spot and whilst the atmosphere is always fairly poor and most 'fans' do just stay seated, the main home end was pretty much always on their feet the whole game. I watched pretty much everyone get to their feet at both of MKs goals as well, along with that bullshit song played Certainly weren't all just sitting there though, by any means.

Half the problem I can see is that (1) they're still giving away loads of free tickets (like mine) to people who don't care much for the team and (2) the away fans are totally separated from the rest of the stadium meaning theres no banter between the fans to hype the atmosphere.

Obviously folk stood up when they scored, they had to perform that stupid dance when they played the shite music after the MK Goals, but after that they all just sat back down and were silent again. Onlt section I saw trying to get anything like singing was just behind the goal at the top of one of the blocks. Saw about 20 people clapping and that was it

Granted the stadium is way, way too big for MK so that doesn't help, and the fact they havn't even put seats in the top tier wont help either, but it just screamed plastic support to me. The type of folk who used to "support" Arsenal or Chelsea from thier armchairs but now just go to MK for summat to do, and dont really care either way about the result.

I've been to 100's of games, but i've never experienced anything like what I did yesterday.
Nath

6th Sep 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd guess that 75% of Dons 'fans' have second teams. It's going to take years for it to work and for them to develop any proper fanbase.

I fucking hate them.
Marc

6th Sep 09 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a decent stadium though
Nath

6th Sep 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not even finished

They have M&S to thank for that as they were going to build an M&S on the site, but they pulled out

Danny P

6th Sep 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
They have M&S to thank for that as they were going to build an M&S on the site, but they pulled out

I had to laugh at the an all when some bloke was telling me why it wasn't finished

Ground would be nice if it was finished, although I dont think there is any need for the padded seats, not that they were used by us lot yesterday mind.
AndyKent

6th Sep 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Other than some of the parking area outside and the upper tier seating it is pretty much finished as far as I know. No point them spending the money on the upper tier until they can fill the main stadium (which could be a very, very long time coming )
ChrisBoom

6th Sep 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
Ill be in hampden tomorrow, gota leave here at 5am to get there though, living in the far north sucks balls

Was awesome, just got home, cracked the first tin open at 6am, got back into the hotel at 4am the next day, what a day
Danny P

6th Sep 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Other than some of the parking area outside and the upper tier seating it is pretty much finished as far as I know. No point them spending the money on the upper tier until they can fill the main stadium (which could be a very, very long time coming )

Pretty much finished?

You can still see all the steel frameworks thats holding the thing up from outside. I'd say it was 50% done at best.
Nath

6th Sep 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to agree Danny. It's not that close at all tbh. It's running at bare minimum IMO.
Cosmo

6th Sep 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely it wouldnt of passed health and safety regs if it was that far from finished?
Nath

6th Sep 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said, bare minimum.
Cosmo

6th Sep 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit like Goodison then...but that was built to look like a blue shed.
Nath

6th Sep 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quite liked Goodison. But yeah, bit too much corrigated metal for my liking

[Edited on 06-09-2009 by Nath]
Cosmo

6th Sep 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I quite liked Goodison. But yeah, bit too much corrigated metal for my liking

The place is an utter shit tip
AndyKent

6th Sep 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres bare minimum and then theres unfinished. Yes, its at the minimum state outside (why spend more than you have to?) but its completely safe/tidy.

Thats the most 'unfinished' bit - the away end - as the stadium stands
Cosmo

6th Sep 09 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH both the stadiums in Istanbul and Turkey were like that
AndyKent

6th Sep 09 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All it needs is a bit of cladding around the steels and it would look completely finished from the outside. Oh, and to tarmac the rest of the car park which is a disgrace
Danny P

6th Sep 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never said it was unsafe. I just said it was nowhere near finished. Driving past, if you didn't know what it was you'd say it was mid construction.

If someone came to build you a house and left it looking like that and said it was nearly finished I doubt you'd be happy

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Internationals - Sponsored by 279 days 23 database queries in 0.0142450 seconds