corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » LFC's new shirt sponsor is...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LFC's new shirt sponsor is...
Marc

User status: Offline
13th Sep 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

13th Sep 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH it looks better than AIG
Danny P

13th Sep 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder how much advertisment on Football shirts helps out a company? I mean, i've never bought anything or used a company because I saw it on a Football shirt.

I know the name will be branded around on more than just the shirts, but i'm guesing most do it these days for the assosiation with the club rather than advertisment
Nic Barnes

13th Sep 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gola
Cosmo

13th Sep 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not really to make you go out and buy that product, but more give the brand much more exposure. I dont drink Carlsberg at all, but if I go in a pub and they dont have anything I do normally drink I'll normally end up picking Carlsberg.

With Standard Chartered, they do a lot of business over in Asia, and given their fanatical support (if you watched any of our tour this summer over there you'll of seen some amazing scenes such as 25,000+ people lining the banks of a river in Singapore as the team sailed down it on 2 boats!). So thats a massive pull for any brands aiming to do well over there.
Danny P

13th Sep 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye that makes sense.
mwg

13th Sep 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

looks shit
Marc

13th Sep 09 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would think they would go for a sponsor that the fans can relate too. I know this is financially based but something the fans would know you'd think would make more sense. This goes for our sponsor too.
p

13th Sep 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice
Tom

14th Sep 09 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't GAF who the sponsor is as long as we get/have got a good deal
Cosmo

14th Sep 09 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LIVERPOOL ANNOUNCE NEW SHIRT SPONSOR
Liverpoolfc.tv 14 September 2009

Liverpool FC and Standard Chartered Bank announced today they had agreed a four year deal for the bank to become the club's main sponsor - the largest commercial agreement in Liverpool's history.
The agreement, which starts in July 2010 and runs through to the end of the 2013-14 season, will see the bank's name and logo appear on the Liverpool shirt.

Liverpool FC is the most successful club in English football, enjoying a global following most recently evidenced in its highly successful pre-season tour of Singapore and Thailand. As official club sponsors, Standard Chartered will enjoy a major rights package which will provide the platform to significantly step up the Bank's brand awareness across its core markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.

Standard Chartered PLC, listed on both London and Hong Kong stock exchanges, ranks among the top 25 companies in the FTSE-100 by market capitalisation. The Bank has more than doubled its revenue and profits over the last five years and has performed consistently well, delivering record results throughout the recent financial crisis.

Christian Purslow, Managing Director of Liverpool Football Club, pictured above signing the contract alongside Standard Chartered chairman John Peace, commented: "This partnership brings together two highly successful organisations with a really strong cultural and strategic fit. The sponsorship opportunity attracted a huge level of interest from a wide array of globally recognised brands and in Standard Chartered we believe we have the ideal partner to move forward and help develop our global ambitions for the club. It is a real sign of the progress we have made at Liverpool that we have been able to secure the largest ever commercial deal in our history."

Peter Sands, Group Chief Executive of Standard Chartered PLC, said: "This is a great partnership. We are excited to be working with such a famous global brand as Liverpool Football Club for the next four years. This is an outstanding opportunity for Standard Chartered, our customers and shareholders, and for Liverpool, its players and fans

"We see many opportunities to continue growing our business, particularly as Asia, Africa and the Middle East are emerging from the global downturn more quickly than the West. This sponsorship will drive a step change in brand recognition in our key markets and will provide an additional catalyst for our business growth."
mwg

14th Sep 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its going to look like the sort of shirt a league 2 side would wear
Robbo

14th Sep 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mention of the £80m then. No surprises, I'd be surprised if its that much, good deal either way for yous lot. Can't help but feel we were done voer by Emirates in desperation to get cash up front
Cosmo

15th Sep 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hicks has confirmed that the deal is worth a base price of £21m a year, but it has an 'infinity' part to the deal where we could earn another £2-3m a year from it

Also said we are close to agreeing a deal with Carlsberg to keep them on as secondary sponsors for another £3-4m a year.
Terry12

15th Sep 09 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why Companies pay so much for shirt sponsorship.

AIG paid £14m a year for its four-year deal, which ends in May 2010.

There have been reports that Aon's deal could be worth as much as £80m over four years.

Aon said it hoped that its relationship with Manchester United would help to improve its brand recognition.

It pointed out that after its first year sponsoring the team, AIG had become the 47th most recognised global brand and had jumped from number 84 to number 30 on Barron's list of most respected companies.
Cosmo

16th Sep 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Terry12
and had jumped from number 84 to number 30 on Barron's list of most respected companies.

I bet its not even in 84th place anymore.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » LFC's new shirt sponsor is... 23 database queries in 0.0136120 seconds