corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Relationship day - Kids & Marriage

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Relationship day - Kids & Marriage
Fad

User status: Offline
7th Oct 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn Will you have worn her down with your sex pesting
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by willay
i'd also like to start 'trying'

who with xx

Me... Duurrrr

Now thats a big Willay in more ways than one.....
DaveyLC

7th Oct 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs
@ willay & gez, we've been together properly only for a couple of months. I've known her for years though, and neither of us have kids or been married before.

Take it easy, you might scare her off.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 Month Seeing each other mid March 08, waited over a month for sexytime in April, Baby in February...

It's worked out fine since though which is lucky... It's nice having a little family.

Hopefully just negged a deal on a house too.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
JadeM
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and the boyo have been together just over 4 years now Been staying together for well over a year, got engaged last year and just bought our 1st house together.

No immediate plans for a wedding or babies. We need to be more financially secure and settled, but would like to think it might all happen in the next 5 years or so
J da Silva

7th Oct 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my partner were 4 years into the relationship when we had our first, 13 months later we had our second one, both planned, but I wanted a stable environment for them first, which I provided and then we had them, all is

[Edited on 07-10-2009 by J da Silva]
Fad

7th Oct 09 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
1 Month Seeing each other mid March 08, waited over a month for sexytime in April, Baby in February...

It's worked out fine since though which is lucky... It's nice having a little family.

Hopefully just negged a deal on a house too.

Boyz got skillz
Carl

7th Oct 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, but echo what most said about being stable which is another 5,6,7,8 years off realistically. Been together 7+ years but we are young, fuck knows what is around the corner. People change, which is why i think it is naive to get married anywhere near your twenties.
MoesTavern

7th Oct 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is it the norm to have kids together instead of getting married these days? It's a disintegration of moral values if you ask me.
Carl

7th Oct 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
Why is it the norm to have kids together instead of getting married these days? It's a disintegration of moral values if you ask me.

Depends on your values. Marriage doesn't mean anything to me, being married doesn't affect how much you love the other person. Plus weddings aren't my thing, I don't want a day of people focusing on me +1, what a dull day that would be.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by willay
i'd also like to start 'trying'

who with xx

Me... Duurrrr

BOOM!
Bart

7th Oct 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have been with my msses for nearly 6 years. We got married last month and after the wedding decided to stop using contraception

MoesTavern

7th Oct 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:

Depends on your values. Marriage doesn't mean anything to me, being married doesn't affect how much you love the other person. Plus weddings aren't my thing, I don't want a day of people focusing on me +1, what a dull day that would be.

Getting married is a demonstration of commitment, I don't think having a child together is anything like that.
Carl

7th Oct 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Getting married is a demonstration of commitment, I don't think having a child together is anything like that.

Are you joking? I think having a child is the biggest commitment ever, far strongerl than getting wed. You are both responsible for a human being, far more responsibility and commitment than having an expensive day out, exchanging rings and having the same name.
J da Silva

7th Oct 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a wedding booked for me and my girlfriend, personally I'm like Carl, a wedding for me isn't what I strive for, I love my other half and the kids to bits and my objective is to keep them happy no matter what I have to do to get the job done, now... my wedding is in May 2011 because we want to do it at a certain venue, but it's a very hard to book place so we will wait for what we both want, I have no problem with a lot of people looking at me do the vows, because to be perfectly honest, I'm a right babe. x
MoesTavern

7th Oct 09 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you joking? I think having a child is the biggest commitment ever, far strongerl than getting wed. You are both responsible for a human being, far more responsibility and commitment than having an expensive day out, exchanging rings and having the same name.

No I'm not joking. you think knocking out a kid with someone is a bigger commitment than getting married? is it bollocks, especially not these days.
dannymccann

7th Oct 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not one for the whole marriage thing but I have proposed to my girlfriend because I think the traditional thing of the name change and everything is nice. Its also perceived to be a good thing by others, which I know shouldnt matter but it does. We are both only 21 but we have been together 5 years on Friday and living together for 2 years in Feb 2010 and we gel brilliantly. I love her more than anything so feel its the right thing to do.

Kids will come later when we are more financially stable
Jay

7th Oct 09 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair

Do you not think 35 is quite old though??

you will be 50 by the time they are 15

Dads 52, sisters 16, my dads far from past it, dont see the problem?
Bart

7th Oct 09 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50 can be different for many people.
I know a 50 year old that is very "50", and I also know a 50 year old that will out drink/party anyone else.

Age doesnt make a big difference.
Carl

7th Oct 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No I'm not joking. you think knocking out a kid with someone is a bigger commitment than getting married? is it bollocks, especially not these days.

If a person is prepared to knock a kid out and then fuck off, i'm sure wedding vows wouldn't affect their actions. Are you talking about the nation of morons that we reside with or personally, i.e Do you personally think getting married is a bigger decision than when to have a child?
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Oct 09 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marriage is as serious as you make it.

Children don't make a relationship either but they're also not something you can write a letter and be rid of!

I'll be having some soon just as soon as I find someone worthy of my genes in their offspring.
Hammer

7th Oct 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sad fact of the matter is getting a tattoo of someones name is probably displaying as great a commitment as getting married these days and a having a child together even less so. Bit depressing that actually.
Jules S
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least 18 months living together in your own house before having kids would be my advice.

Get the finances settled and agreed. Savings put in the bank etc.

Happy relationships are great when your JINKYS, another story altogether when the nipper starts eating/shitting its way through your disposable income...
Robbo

7th Oct 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
I really want children, but i want my life first without the (sounds bad) hangups of having children in tow. Im not ready for those times yet, the middle of the night wakeups, the tantrums, the endless needs financially of a child. Im getting there, just not yet
No exactly what you mean mate. I like the hassle free ability to be able to do what i want when i want
MoesTavern

8th Oct 09 at 03:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If a person is prepared to knock a kid out and then fuck off, i'm sure wedding vows wouldn't affect their actions. Are you talking about the nation of morons that we reside with or personally, i.e Do you personally think getting married is a bigger decision than when to have a child?

Personally I feel that getting married is a bigger commitment, as having a child with a girl doesn't seem to really mean anything these days. But yeah I suppose it is in part due to today's society that I think this.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Relationship day - Kids & Marriage 23 database queries in 0.1439068 seconds