corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Top Gear

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Top Gear
John

User status: Offline
21st Oct 09 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need to get rid of hammond and some of the jokes are a bit cheesy but still a brilliant program.

If I want to see what a 14-30k hot hatch is like I'll go and drive one, I doubt Koenigsegg would let me take a CCX out for a drive though.
XSIHardy

21st Oct 09 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see the issue with it.

it makes good TV, and in this modern world top gear will come out over fith gear on tv rateings.

IT may seem sad but, it has become a big part off my weekend, you have your sunday meal, sit down watch top gear for a good laff. i couldnt imageing sitting down to fith gear with the family.

and if you wont the reviews buy the magazine.

At the end off the day its about rateings. and to get them they the tv show must entertain you.
Baskey

21st Oct 09 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with pepper. The main issue for me is they now treat the viewers like idiots. Its not a case of bending the truth a little for decent tv, they simply lie about so called facts.

And for all those saying dont bother watching it then i wont. Its annoying as i have been watching it for years and was my one of the best programs on tv.
Twiggy

21st Oct 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They smash the shit out of caravans!!!

They should all be given a knighthood!!!
Twiggy

21st Oct 09 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by XSIHardy

IT may seem sad but, it has become a big part off my weekend, you have your sunday meal, sit down watch top gear for a good laff. i couldnt imageing sitting down to fith gear with the family.

amen
mwg

21st Oct 09 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not a fan of Hammond as he tends to talk to the camera as though we are all simple. But otherwise its brilliant.

I dont want to watch boring reviews of every day cars, I can go test drive one myself if I'm interested in that.
alan-g-w

21st Oct 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See for all these people saying if you want a proper review buy a car magazine. Top Gear used to be proper car reviews for most of the programme, that's the problem imo. Reading a magazine's nowhere near the same as watching a video review so that's just a daft suggestion.
CORSA NUT

21st Oct 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loving Dr Peppers rant

Some truth there though IMO i remember the day when Hammond knocked over the Lap Board and everyone was standing 3 miles back and they all acted like it wasn't planned.Sad times.
Rich H

21st Oct 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is still better than doing fook all for an hour on a Sunday night, but I have watched old old episodes on You Tube etc in the past and wished that just occasionally they did things like that still on the odd show.

The Fiesta review they did a couple of series back was also pretty good / amusing.

I did also used to watch 5th Gear as well though lol.
Marc

21st Oct 09 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not really fussed about the content anymore, its more about the banter between Jeremy, James and Richard these days. All 3 are very funny imo.
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Oct 09 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
yeah can stop watching dave for an hour
So it was you in the bushes the other night then

Do you two take it in turns or something? Alternate days?
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
yeah can stop watching dave for an hour
So it was you in the bushes the other night then

ive given it away who to spy on now
I hear TheNobleOne's looking for a stalker
quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
It is still better than doing fook all for an hour on a Sunday night, but I have watched old old episodes on You Tube etc in the past and wished that just occasionally they did things like that still on the odd show.

The Fiesta review they did a couple of series back was also pretty good / amusing.

I did also used to watch 5th Gear as well though lol.
Exactly I loved that Fiesta review "Is it Green? "Yes.... very" That cracked me up

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Jake

21st Oct 09 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand what dr pepper is going on about and there is no need to get agro about what he's saying.
FruitBooTeR

9th Nov 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not long now
Jamie-C

9th Nov 09 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is Hamilton coming back to do another lap time in this series?
SetH

User status: Online
9th Nov 09 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James may cracks me up, hes really come out his shell now.

Agree with the comments on Hammond hes just there to appeal to the females. Although what women like in him i fail to comprehend.

Its a good bit of light hearted sunday entertainment. Personally if I want decent reviews and stats on cars there are untold resources on the net that I will use.
radicalry00

9th Nov 09 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
Top Gear has been a victim of its own success

Started off with a relatively small audience world wide and was a great show.

Then it got massively popular so all sorts of people were now watching it...mums, wifes, friends that have no interest in cars. People all over the world watch it.

Then they had to change the programme to keep all those new people happy and keep their attention...which basically involved forgetting the people who have watched it for 20 years plus, and hamming up the light entertainment side of the show, getting celebrities on to plug their latest book, film and having a joke or explosion every 2 minutes to hold the attention of all the mongs that have switched over from celebrity x factor get me out of here while dancing on ice. The cool wall was definately a low point.

And you end up with a programme that has lost most of the things that were originally good about it.

I give it 2 more series at most in its current format.

Totally agree and couldn't have said it any better myself. The show is no longer aimed at only petrolheads and the content is now a lot more family entertainment-orientated.

[Edited on 09-11-2009 by radicalry00]
Paul_J

9th Nov 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
cant wait for it to come on and then everyone complain about it on here

Yes I can't wait to start ranting about it
Fonz
Premium Member

9th Nov 09 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

McDonalds sells...doesnt make it good food.

agreed but it isnt aiming to be a Michelin starred restaurant, in the same way TG is (no longer) aiming to be a motoring show - doesnt mean it doesnt sell.

i agree it has lost "focus" but at the end of the day it is a tv programme which is measured by its success from the number of viewers, not the number of facts.

i have only briefly skimmed over the whole thread but seems like there is two arguments but no one on both sides of the point.

Dr Pepper is saying it has lost focus, this is fact and i doubt anyone will/has(if i read in full) denied that

CS (ie the rest of you) are saying it works because it has moved on, again hard to deny given the viewing figures, popularity, TG show live etc proves this.
sand-eel

9th Nov 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its much better now, doing the challenges, instead of just reviews, makes it more enjoyable.
morpheus22

9th Nov 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think dr pepper should call points of view tbh
jr

9th Nov 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eric Bana is on it proper car fan
Baskey

9th Nov 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People in this thread really need to get a clue what the bbc is soposed to be for.

Programs just to get viewing figures?
Programs just to make money?

Ian
Site Administrator

9th Nov 09 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not actors or comedians and should stop trying to be.
Root

9th Nov 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top gear is not actually classed as a factual tv show any more because there are so little facts in the entire programme. Watch a full hour and list how many FACTS they give you. A few specs about the cars is about it usually. Anyway, I love top gear. It has got a bit shitter by being more appealing to morons but...if you're more of a keen motorist enthusiast, watch fifth gear, it has shitter presenters, but it's much more factual.
AlunJ

9th Nov 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

supposed to be in hd this series... In which case I can't wait!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Top Gear 23 database queries in 0.5336940 seconds