corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Cav GSi - For Sale

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cav GSi - For Sale
chrex

User status: Offline
24th Nov 09 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
ah shit....

should be interestin

dont worry ad...s'all good!
connollygt30

24th Nov 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doest sound the cleanest the amount of welding it needs mate...?
chrex

24th Nov 09 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it needs one and a half sills...but am gonna have the front half passenger cut off, and full replaced. then its a crack in the floor and a drainage hole. Its better than spring seats, chassis legs, front end etc. everywhere else is okay.
dan-sport

24th Nov 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heart this project, can't wait to see it tidied up. not enough good cavs and calibra's about anymore
chrex

24th Nov 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to work out getting vectra 5 stud front hubs on and then some calibra rears

then i can get 308 brakes on the front no probs....and get the 5 stud set-up. mig users reckon thats the best way...
connollygt30

24th Nov 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be mint with some cav turbo wheels mate
chrex

24th Nov 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont like them to be honest...

im after the vectra gsi stars:

I've always liked em and so i think im gonna be going for a set of those once everything is sorted
Tedney

24th Nov 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans sound awesome mate. I love this car and can't wait for it to be finished already.

I told my brother in law who used to own this car before the lad you got it from about the crack in the floor and the bend near it. He said his Vectra the same with a bend in the floor. He swapped the Cav for the Vectra with the lad you swapped with. Got us thinking as to whether he had done it to both cars when he had it and if he knows what he is doing.

If you need to know anything else about the car mate I will try and find it out for you.
*JonnyG*

24th Nov 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
i dont like them to be honest...

im after the vectra gsi stars:

I've always liked em and so i think im gonna be going for a set of those once everything is sorted

They would look nice diamond cut.
chrex

24th Nov 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tedney
Plans sound awesome mate. I love this car and can't wait for it to be finished already.

I told my brother in law who used to own this car before the lad you got it from about the crack in the floor and the bend near it. He said his Vectra the same with a bend in the floor. He swapped the Cav for the Vectra with the lad you swapped with. Got us thinking as to whether he had done it to both cars when he had it and if he knows what he is doing.

If you need to know anything else about the car mate I will try and find it out for you.

yea he was saying that he swapped it for a vec. and tbh, i dont think he does. he got the corsa home and said it was fucked and its been in bits ever since....and since said he's just gonna splita and scrap it

it looks like its been jacked in the wrong place quite a few times and its certainly a heavy car to jack in the wrong place. ah well, i gotta get it sorted anyways. Im gonna have to replace front two tyres too...but i havent recieved the locking nut remover after 2 and a half weeks...so gonna have to have them air chiselled off and get them properly balanced too...its shaking like a bastard atm.
PaulW

25th Nov 09 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh this guy is sounding more and more like a northern chump each day...
chrex

3rd Dec 09 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update

Just a small update after payday arrived...

I have put a new battery on as the other one was dying, and have also replaced ignition parts and its helped a little, but it does appear to be struggling with hesitancy a litte on occasions once its warm.

I am going to be cleaning all the breathers out at the weekend hopefully, if this weather eases off, and i'll give the throttle body a good clean too. Also replacing air and fuel filters is on the list.

Have sold the head from the 8v too, so i am hoping to have a 40mm adjustable bump/rebound Spax suspension kit soon enough. I will replace both lower arms, ball joints, track ends and brakes whilst im there too. Get it all sorted on that front.

Am slowly chipping away at it now though, which is good. Its gonna need the engine checking over completely though when i get the time (hopefully sunday) as i have a feeling some of the sensors and breathers need checking.
corsagsigav

3rd Dec 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good think am gonna get 1 off these when i finish my corsa's lol.keep it up will be done in no time
adz_gsi

3rd Dec 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pic of locking nuts mate they are easily removable

[Edited on 04-12-2009 by adz_gsi]
Matty SRi

3rd Dec 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love these cars... Here's a few pics of my brothers that he swapped his scooby for... up for sale now tho

chrex

3rd Dec 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats nice! i need to get one of those calibra gauge pods tbh.

Atm, i am unsure whether to leave mine at 60mm or not...as with a decent 60mm spax kit it wont have as much movement for the driveshafts etc to deal with. but i am worried that the lower arms are on a slight upward angle. Could be down to the utterly shite Jamex e-bay special springs that are on it and the fact that the dampers are on the stoppers...but still...i love how it sits. 50mm would be perfect, so i f i get a 40mm kit for now, when i get the custom springs done, i will get a 50mm drop done on them, as i want higher poundage rear springs to stiffen it out and promote some positivity to the steering.

My new front tyres arrived today, so am gonna get them on Sat morning. Nothing special - couple of Kenda Kaisers...but they are gonna be better than the randoms on there now, and just have to last until i get my new wheels.

Desperate to get it tidied up, but theres so much to do...i dont know what to prioritise tbh. Suspension is next big thing, then the welding is getting done and underside waxoyled. Then i need the bodywork sorting, but the engine needs attention too and i dont know where the timing belt or tensioners stand either...so wanna get them replaced.

*sigh* flippin ell...

[Edited on 03-12-2009 by chrex]
adz_gsi

4th Dec 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo then engine 1st then lower and underside
btw is yours a 2 or 4wd model???
(id guess 2)
Tedney

4th Dec 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adz_gsi
imo then engine 1st then lower and underside
btw is yours a 2 or 4wd model???
(id guess 2)

Its the 2wd one mate.
chrex

4th Dec 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, 2wd...

tedney, you get my u2u about the timing gear??
adz_gsi

5th Dec 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool cool just looks like my dads old 1 thats was a gsi 2000 4x4 loved it
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i need to work out getting vectra 5 stud front hubs on and then some calibra rears

then i can get 308 brakes on the front no probs....and get the 5 stud set-up. mig users reckon thats the best way...

You can use late Calibra front legs - they will accept 308s as they had the same 288mm setup as Vectras - straight swap using the Cally legs too...

Thats what we used on my missus's 5-Studded Cav TD
chrex

7th Dec 09 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh okay. happy days. i may see if i can get hold of some of them then. Are the rears simple enough? or are they a pain to sort too...
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Dec 09 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I *think* they are pretty straight forward due to them both running the IRS Setup

Ours is a Beam model, so we just used a Cav V6 beam, the IRS is just a tad different...
Tedney

7th Dec 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yea, 2wd...

tedney, you get my u2u about the timing gear??

Replied just now mate.
chrex

7th Dec 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers...i did check em the other day and the belt looks pretty new, with the tensioners also looking in decent enough condition and still with a shine to them. Fingers crossed its okay and it should be ok until the V6 goes in.

Suspension may not be spax ones if ebay proves its worth. it may be something much better!... just have to wait until end of week.

Thanks for the hub info dj, i'll look into changing the front set-up asap. I just need to get everything together and then i can give it to someone to put the whole lot on and thats that then... but will need brakes and wheels for 5 stud too.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Cav GSi - For Sale 23 database queries in 0.0151420 seconds