corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » THE Mk4! Being broken!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author THE Mk4! Being broken!!!
Nick-S

User status: Offline
20th Dec 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the one i was reading about.
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That RR graph has such an odd shape.

The torque shouldn't drop that sharply after the peak, it should be a steady decline...

My PD170 Graph at 2 RR Centres;

BYRON

21st Dec 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boot install looks a bit rough IMO.
antnee

21st Dec 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BYRON
Boot install looks a bit rough IMO.

Not finished yet, as I have redone the sub enclosure and still need to make a new false floor. Its the first time I've done most of this stuff to. Just learnt from reading online, watching other people, etc
antnee

5th Jan 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not done much recently due to lack of funds and being cold

CC'd mirrors and stubby aerial!!!!

Not 100% sure if I like the aerial that small, may have to get a Honda one instead

Also if anyone is interested done a few more audio bits

had to grind down some connectors

Power wiring in for amps

one of the rear speaker mount which Im copying in MDF

antnee

10th Jan 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More red bits :thumbsup:

Handbrake cover

and vent handles

pow
Premium Member

10th Jan 10 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ant ant ant

I have a red SEATSPORT gearknob in my garage the ex slut bought me, goes with the handbrake handle epically - one of the best interior mods EVER

I wouldn't want a lot for it, it's in PERFECT condition?
antnee

10th Jan 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have PM
pow
Premium Member

10th Jan 10 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The handbrake cover is very nice though, theyre padded as well, looks good. I put a light infront of the ashtray as well

W8 interior light with the red submarine lights is cool as fuck as well, minimal wiring as well

Bonney

10th Jan 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get an armster armrest for it. Think that was the best mod i did to mine, Made it a lot more comfortable on long journeys.
antnee

10th Jan 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to get a W8 light when I do the headlining black. Talking of lighting, when it gets a bit warmer Im going to add some courtesy footwell lights and puddle lights too
Simon_16v

12th Jan 10 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much were all those cupra bits? Think they'd go with my car as its red .

Didn't know all the PD130's had TCS!
pow
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I THINK there are spaces in the bottom of the doors card for puddle lights, I would have done it if I kept the car...
antnee

12th Jan 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure on those Cupra bits as I bought them off a mate for £15, don't think they much more than that new TBH.

All PD130's have TC, even the 110tdi's in the MK3 had TC!
flybikeslee

12th Jan 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good so far!
Bonney

12th Jan 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its standard on most of the models, Especially the sports. My 1.4 sport had it aswell.
antnee

24th Jan 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update,

Washed it for the first time in about 4 weeks (although I think the snow took some dirt off!), used a wash mitt for the first time, used some new shampoo (Mark V Cherry) and a new drying towel, mucho impressed with the mitt and shampoo! Wish I bought a mitt a long time ago!

Befores,

Afters,

Also some more pics of the audio stuff, headunit is in (no pics), both amps now have power and the sub is all connected up. Had a nightmare with the battery terminal, the startmotor lead wasn't long enough so had to make a new one and there was no where for the fuse box cable was to big to fit in the remaining terminals so had to use 2 smaller cables instead (which make up the same size). Going to make a new earth strap with thicker cable soon too.

We have power!!

Also a pic of the rear 1/4 speaker mounts that I made, still need to sort the other side

So to finish off the audio, I still need to do

-put in o/s/r speaker mount
-cut out and install n/s/r speaker mount
-attach rear tweeters to stock locations
-wire in rear comps
-Make speaker adapter rings for front
-attach front tweeters to stock locations
-run the speaker wires to the front
-get speaker cables into the doors
-finish boot false floor

Also, I've borrowed 2 wheels, so I am going to be re-furbing my standard wheels and new tyres going on this week! Should have suspension in a few weeks too
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FANTASTIC job on those speaker pods! For all the Ibiza's downfalls they are a good looking car and yours is taking shape. Those wheels are suck a BITCH to clean though

Getting the wires into the front doors is a laugh though, a very involved job. I have picture on how to do it if you want a hand?

Keep up the top work mate.

I've got a set of Ibiza wheels in the shed if you want them? Just come and collect

[Edited on 25-01-2010 by pow]
antnee

25th Jan 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What wheels have you got? Yeah the I hate the standard wheels, Im refurbing them badly (didn't even clean the properly!) in black to hide the dirt in the corners

Ooo and a pic for the doors would be good, I kinda know how to do it from a guide on TalkAudio

[Edited on 25-01-2010 by antnee]
pow
Premium Member

25th Jan 10 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're the same as your ones if you want a set to do.... just need shot of them now really!
Conway563

26th Jan 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fancy some wind deflectors for it?
antnee

31st Jan 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pow- you have u2u
Joe- not a fan of wind deflectors

I gave my wheels a quick refurb this week and stuck some nice 215/40 Toyo T1-R's on for good measure I also gave it a wash and wax for the meet today, while I was waiting for wax to go off, I chopped some of the dash out behind the stereo so I could fit it in the bottom slot as they fit better there.

pow
Premium Member

31st Jan 10 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooo they look good, black on red
Bonney

1st Feb 10 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did the same with my radio, But got cick of knocking it.

I had the same wheels on mine when i got it, All i did to clean them was take them off, lie them flat and soak them in wonder wheels, Give a goood scrub with a brush then wash them off. Then kept on top of them.

Although i did change them for some rs4's in the end
antnee

14th Feb 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really an update as such, more going backwards!

I noticed I had a screw in my rear tyre, took it to my mate and he said its not repairable so I have got to bin a 2week old tyre! So ordered a new one yesterday at £63

On Friday whilst fitting my HID's I changed the jubilee clip that was on one of my boost pipes when it popped of back in December, rob put one on that he had lying round at the time, so when I went to MonsterMotorsport for the RR day, I got another jubilee clip which was supposed to be a good one, it was too much messing round at the time so I left it, so when I had all the front off putting the HID's in I thought it was perfect opportunity to change it, which I did, but the clip was rubbish, came off earlier on But I found a nice chunky one in the garage which I've whacked on.

I found the reason as to why the boost pipe is coming off, these lugs which the OEM retaining clip holds have snapped/come off

So I cleaned the ends up, put it back together and put the new jubilee clip on in a way that the OEM clip cant come off

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » THE Mk4! Being broken!!! 23 database queries in 0.0159490 seconds