corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any one here work for the Police ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any one here work for the Police ?
fazza

User status: Offline
4th Dec 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really fancy this local gal that works for the police

Thanks

Fazza
Pete_vxl

4th Dec 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben J - Upmost respect for you doing that job, you must have some thick skin.

As for the non educated deliquints that keep slandering the police, they need to get a grip and actually look at facts and figures before blurting out pish on the internet.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you gibbering about Pete? There are a couple of arsehole officers around our way as well But then again, I've met a couple of excellent ones too.

I actually remember outside Afterdark nightclub, that a boy was lying unconcious after way too much booze. The police had just come around the corner on their usual patrol at that time, and stopped next to the lad and did nothing I went over and put him in the recovery position and put my coat over him (it was pissing with rain) and then a girl comes over and rolls him on his back I said "Excuse me, wtf are you doing?" And her reply was "I know what I'm doing, I work in the petrol station"... I just stood staring at her in disgust, and went to put him back in the recovery position when the officer told me to leave him, he's in capable hands... At that I called him a useless cunt before being cautioned, then walking away. Because I was a lad with a couple of drinks in me (but still in perfect control) I was the one who'd be wrong
Shell
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL! Seriously?! You've never told me about that Did anyone phone an ambulance or did you just allow miss petrol station to play pretend nurse?
chloe16v

4th Dec 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you play pretend nurse shelley?
BarnshaW

4th Dec 09 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i have probably had one dealing with a decent policeman out of 10. Most of them are power hungry and clearly get off over their "powers" , shame they arent so eager to do anything when say i had 2 grand of stereo equipment nicked out my car or when my mate was stabbed in the wrist.

however when i dont wear a seatbelt to drive 20 seconds from the shop they are like a rocket to give me a fine. fucking hate them, sorry but thats just my opinion and i am sure they are not all the same but i can only go on what i have had personal dealings with.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
LOL! Seriously?! You've never told me about that Did anyone phone an ambulance or did you just allow miss petrol station to play pretend nurse?

Yep seriously This was when I went out with a few Burntisland lads! The officer called for an ambulance I think as one rolled round the corner a couple of minutes later while I was getting my curry and chips!
oceansoul

4th Dec 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djmattyh
i bet there is 5% of honest coppers in the force. i'm yet to meet one. i had an accident 7 months ago and they are still following it up. what a fucking joke! and a waste of taxpayers money.

awaits 'Grow up' replies.

[Edited on 04-12-2009 by djmattyh]

Define accident?
Thats them doing there job if there following it up? What would you want them to do, drop it? Then you'd be moaning that they wernt following the case up!
Pete_vxl

4th Dec 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
What you gibbering about Pete? There are a couple of arsehole officers around our way

Eck being a member of Fifes finest town i have never seen a policeman, ever.
Shell
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fife's finest town It's the place of kings, queens and dreams, eh?
djmattyh

4th Dec 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by djmattyh
i bet there is 5% of honest coppers in the force. i'm yet to meet one. i had an accident 7 months ago and they are still following it up. what a fucking joke! and a waste of taxpayers money.

awaits 'Grow up' replies.

Define accident?
Thats them doing there job if there following it up? What would you want them to do, drop it? Then you'd be moaning that they wernt following the case up!
it was a minor traffic accident. it was the guys fault but he denied it and did a runner. went to police and they said they will find him as i took his reg. 2 weeks later they said they have found him and will be looking to question him in the next couple of days. a month or so later they have questioned him and so on. all this pissing about has took seven months and im still waiting. i keep ringing the station as well as calling in and they just fob me off with some bullshit. i have given up hope because they have left it so long.

they may aswell drop it they are taking the piss. why stick up for them? if it was you in my position you wouldn't be brown nosing.

fir3vip3r

4th Dec 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo
quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
Originally posted by danh785
all sat on corsasport when they should be working is more likely

must be it

For soem reasone fir3vip3r i thought you were a postie?

i was matey, but am in the force now
Colin

4th Dec 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never worked for the Police directly, though ive put lots of work their way
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^
JM Curdy

4th Dec 09 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a court case dropped, but was on bail til the case, now its dropped does that mean my bails dropped?
Hammer

4th Dec 09 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking at needing to re-evaluate your life if you're a voluntary cunt.

[Edited on 04-12-2009 by Hammer]
gtitim

4th Dec 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are arseholes in all walks of life. By that measure, some coppers will be arseholes. I am a copper, and know a small minority of my colleagues are arseholes.

What some people don't seem to understand is that we cannot do everything overnight. We work shifts, have many crimes to investigate at once, upto 30 or more in my case. Some of these are resolved with a phonecall, others take months of investigation and process. Some we detect, others we don't. That's how it goes.

I was the victim of crime twice last month. I lost over £700 in insurance excess and slashed tyres. I know who did it, and why, yet he will not be charged and i will not be compensated. Harsh, but without actual evidence, that's how it goes. Otherwise people would just name those they don't like to get them arrested.

I have alot of time for car drivers. I have never issued a speeding ticket, but WILL issue you with a £60 fine if you don't have a belt on, or use a phone. The reason - it's me or my colleagues who has to pick the bits of you off the road, or tell your parents you are dead. having done it several times, I cannot think of anything worse to do than passing trauma messages.

Bear in mind that people do get stereotyped, and some modified car drivers are idiots, who tear round and round town, sub thumping, foglights on, behaving like tools. Thses idiots unfortunately get everyone tarred with the same brush, as Mr Smith down the street sees your modified car and thinks you are one of them, and then complains to the police about you.

Please bear in mind that we do alot more than you would think, and that we act on what information presents itself, or you tell us. we are human, do make mistakes, and most of us do it out of a sense of wanting to help people, not to issue tickets or piss people off.

It can be a fantastic job. It can also be a nightmare. Some things we see are hilarious,cand we have good memories. Other things we see are the opposite, and often officers live with those sights for a hell of a long while after the incident has been closed and the victims buried. You don't quite look like you do in the chapel of rest when you have done 100ft down a dual carriageway on your face, or when the steering wheel is still crushed in your chest, and your legs are beign cut out of the pedal box.
Edd

4th Dec 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim

I have alot of time for car drivers. I have never issued a speeding ticket, but WILL issue you with a £60 fine if you don't have a belt on, or use a phone. The reason - it's me or my colleagues who has to pick the bits of you off the road, or tell your parents you are dead. having done it several times, I cannot think of anything worse to do than passing trauma messages.

that doesnt make sense to me why fine someone for probably the least dangerous offences then use scraping them off the road as the excuse why?

i'll always give respect to coppers if their decent because at the end of it all i wouldnt do their job for the wage
gtitim

4th Dec 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do not issue speeding tickets as i have not been trained to use the laser gun our station has. I am a firm believer that inappropriate speed kills rather than just speed kills.

Having over the past 18 months been to serios injury and fatal collisions, the more serious injuries occur where drivers and passengers have not been wearing belts. Had they been wearing them, the collsions would still have occured, but their injuries would have been much less.

To give an example - went to a minor collision the other day morning. One car had not seen the one in front brake for a junction. Went in the back of him. Not alot of damage to either car - broken bumpers and lights, that was it.

The driver wore his belt - he had minor brusing from the belt - checked by ambulance and uninjured and drove home. The passenger didnt wear his belt. His face hit the windscree, leaving an imprint in the screen, and glass in his face. He has neck and back injuries, which he would not have had if he had worn his belt. This meant that an ambulance crew were tied up with him for longer than the driver, the road was closed for longer, inconveniencing the public, police were required to attend and deal with the reports. dozens of man hours and no doubt thousands of pounds of insurance payouts, all because the passenger didnt bother to wear a belt.
Lynny

4th Dec 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dealt with an rtc couple month ago. Neither driver nor passenger were wearing seatbelts when their car hit a lampost at approx 40mph, both suffered bad injuries. Unfortunately the drivers 2 year old son was on the backseat with no sort of seatbelt etc, he ended up through the windscreen. I fully agree with what gtitim said
mart08uk

4th Dec 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To the guy who asked about my mate doing a uni course to join police, its so he can join at a higher stage or something like that. Theres just too many things wrong with the policing system in my opinion, by the way im not moaning about you individual officers. Also you need to understand people are allowed opinions.
Ollie_B

4th Dec 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do respect the police, and have never been in trouble, but the way that ALL the police i've come in to contact with have spoken to me has been disgraceful tbh, just becasue i'm young, and drive a corsa doesn't mean i've been doin 100mph through 30's which they all seem to think, and another thing that i don't understand is i got pulled over about two weeks ago and there was 6 police surrounding me when i got out the car, if thats not a complete waste of time and money i don't know what is?

[Edited on 04-12-2009 by Ollie_B]
Jules S
Premium Member

4th Dec 09 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
I was the victim of crime twice last month. I lost over £700 in insurance excess and slashed tyres. I know who did it, and why

Hmmmmmm, are you going to give him a hard time about that?

I'll be 100% honest here, if I were a BIB I'd seriously think about a little 'miss use' of my given powers in that instance.

And there's the rub, when you've done that once...what happens if somebody fcuks about with your family or mates? same again? all the right side of the 'law' but just on the right side of harrassment

I've known plenty of policemen/women with grudges, the older they are the worse they get.
Welsh Dan

4th Dec 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love it and wouldn't change it for the world. As said by the others, there are some brilliant moments and it helps if you've got a good bunch of colleagues. However, there are some not so nice things that we have to see, and then break the news and/or speak to the family which is by far the worst thing that I have had to do.
John

5th Dec 09 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't believe gtitim for even a second.

If you're a cop and you know who done it his life will be a misery.

I'm more dissapointed you've said he got away with it, proves the dishonesty.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any one here work for the Police ? 22 database queries in 0.3596799 seconds