corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!

Poll: Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
  I use my mobile phone while driving
  I never use my mobile phone while driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
Tommy L

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad got caught twice so i just bought him this bluetooth thing that clips to the sunvisor.

I think the points is a bit excessive but they don't do the trick as most people have 12 points to take up so not really going to affect it much
John

11th Dec 09 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

If my phone goes I put it on loud speaker, I don't see why people hold their phones to their faces you don't need to?

My loudspeaker isn't loud enough so I still hold it to my face anyway
mwg

11th Dec 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine goes on loud speaker if I answer a call whilst driving.
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
It's not difficult to not get caught though. Just keep an eye out. It's the same with when you are speeding You have to keep an eye out for cameras/coppers.

Thats it. And if you are competent enough to be able to drive whilst on the phone and watching out for police then it cant be as distracting or dangerous as they say it is. Thats 3 tasks you are successfully doing at once. And your a man. Multi-tasking

the problem is getting caught (although you'll be amazed how many people use them infront of police cars, plus we do have the unmarked), problem is when you're in an accident, your fault or not, and your phone is seized and call/text logs checked, then you're looking at driving without due care etc
pow
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see how, if your any good at driving, it's any more distracting than a passenger or the radio or chomping on some food or reading a roadside advert.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by The Law
the problem is getting caught (although you'll be amazed how many people use them infront of police cars, plus we do have the unmarked), problem is when you're in an accident, your fault or not, and your phone is seized and call/text logs checked, then you're looking at driving without due care etc

See yeah, thats fucked up! Is that standard procedure now? or is it only in certain accidents?
Neo

11th Dec 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do, but its on loudspeaker and wedged in the gap on the steering wheel.

Text occasionally but there again doesn't most people ?

What grinds my gears is when your in stop start traffic and the guy behind has his phone to the ear and paying no attention so either staying miles behind or suddenly right up your arse because you have had to brake and he hasn't realised
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The offence isn't 'talking on a phone', it's using a handheld device, thusly covering a bigger spectrum, and I believe comes under the same section of road traffic act as driving without due care.
I always see people on phones when driving, even in a marked police vehicle, it's something people will never stop doing regardless of the sanctions, same with drink driving etc. Only ever given one ticket for this I believe, and he was sat behind us in a traffic jam on the phone, and I was in a highly visible traffic car!
Chris x

11th Dec 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have bluetooth kit built into my radio so I use that!
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by The Law

See yeah, thats fucked up! Is that standard procedure now? or is it only in certain accidents?

was there any need for the pathetic name change? I wasn't having a go or preaching was I?! Please grow up I was just pointing out simple fact. Only happens in certain cases, quite rare depends on what's happens.
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was only having a laugh, if I was going to have a proper dig I would of changed it to Dirty Pig or Plod or shitcunt.
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Driving whilst being a mong'. That should supersede all motoring convictions tbh!!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some people might not know your a copper, so its helpfull

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember the dayz when lynny was into the simpler things such as building towers out of beer cans & now she's right miss law & order!
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and posting pictures of stocker almost completely naked in a room full of northerners
Lynny

11th Dec 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a laugh anymore though when I'm getting comments made every I post, especially when I wasn't having a go at anyone
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah

Although Stocker did seem to strip for any occasion!!
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
It's not a laugh anymore though when I'm getting comments made every I post, especially when I wasn't having a go at anyone

Well if it makes any difference I wasn't having a laugh at you and I did appreciate your input regarding Police checking your phone at the scene of the accident. Do you know if they check your device or they speak to the phone company?
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its good to know the facts from a resedent copper

The innuendo comes with the job surely? I remember Romford_Astra going through the same when he turned over to the dark side.
Rich H

11th Dec 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I very rarely text when driving - I only do it if they're "important"

Never make or take phone calls when driving - hence why my Voicemail costs me so much lol Only time I ever make a call when in the van will be when I'm stuck in traffic and I either need to tell a client I'll be late or I ring somebody who can look up why I'm stuck lol.
X16XE.Adam

11th Dec 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont tend to use my phone when driving, but the odd occasional text gets away from me
If its someone important whos calling then i will answer just incase there is an emergency.
Shell
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
I voted yes.

Completely agree with you with the points, a bit ott.

I was caught once, was driving a golf, and they put down on the ticket it was a saxo. One of the officers didn't want to give me points, the other did.

I think the officer purposly did the ticket wrong, as he said to protest it if I wish.

At the end of the day it's against the law, it's a joke that its 3 points. Have you ever sat in a passenger seat of a car in a fast lane on a motorway, and look at the drivers of cars you overtake.

A good 80% of them are on their phones anyway!

Didn't you crash into the back of someone whilst on your phone?
Paul_J

11th Dec 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i send texts / emails when driving...

not because it's safer than calling, but because i'm less likely to get caught...

stupid gov
steven_r2008

11th Dec 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think 3 points and £60 for speaking on the phone is ridiculous, just give them £60. however if they are caught texting while they are driving i say slap on 3 points aswel, as i think that is basically driving without due care and attention tbh. won't be long until they try and do away with hands free. would love to know how they would stop these bluetooth head units though
FasT09

11th Dec 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never use my mobile as my licence is more important to me than a silly call.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again! 23 database queries in 0.0127740 seconds