corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think I got caught speeding....however,

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Think I got caught speeding....however,
AK

User status: Offline
14th Dec 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
A satellite , that would be a useful allocation of resources.

A radar (which isn't 100% accurate) gets your speed, if it's over a threshold it takes 2 pictures at an exact time apart.

Some guy in a cupboard then counts the lines crossed in that time and calculates the speed (he's probably not bright enough to calculate the speed, he just knows how many lines is over the limit).

no... the radar is the thing that calculates the speed!!!!! The lines are there to back up disputes, and as a quick reference to mis-triggers
mattk

14th Dec 09 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

each long line on the Photo indicates 5mph the 4 small lines inbetween the long ones obviously indicate 1mph

thats how Im guessing AK was 9mph over the limit in his pic?
John

14th Dec 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lines are counted in every single one of they gatso photos as far as I'm led to believe.
mattk

14th Dec 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah they are, I seen it on traffic cops, someone has the job of sitting there counting lines
AK

14th Dec 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok.... MAYBE eyeballed... but as a sanity check to the measured figure from the radar

MattK - No.... lines arent always the same distance. Some are 5ft, and some 2m.
Corsa_Sport21

14th Dec 09 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK the car in front of you in that pic...Is it the Ultima GTR that goes up knockhill??
mattk

14th Dec 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just noticed the time between flashes on your pic is 0.5 secs, the one I seen on the tele was 0.7 secs
AK

14th Dec 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, its a kit car (lotus 7 type)

He just over took our car, going faster than us... to say i'm mildly confused as to the ticket is an understatment.

Car was flashed at 70mph.... in a 70mph... with a trailer (so limit is 60)
richc

14th Dec 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good at towing them navaras
steven_r2008

15th Dec 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
quote:
Originally posted by steven_r2008

also gatso's are activated by satellite iirc. it isn't the camera that detects your speeding, its actually a satellite that relays to the camera to take a pic. a manual operator then has to sit down with all the tape when he receives it counting how many white lines have been crossed doing distance/time calculations .

looking at the artistic picture supplied you should be fine ordinarily the first flash is closer to the start of the lines than you were, especially at 70 because within that half a second between flashes you'll be surprised at how far you actually travel.

im sure you'll be fine

shut up

Read up on them.... they radar based, and the white lines are just a back up to check/prove

radar thats the one. why i put satellite i do not know i should imagine it would be quite difficult and there would be quite a few collisions having satellites up there for speed cameras. i do stand corrected
Twitch

16th Dec 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a 70limit dont forget you get your 10% so you can in theroy cain it throught at 77mph if you want to take the risk but at 71-72 they cant do much

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think I got caught speeding....however, 22 database queries in 0.0848122 seconds