corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » UK Penal System Vs. Others.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author UK Penal System Vs. Others.
ed

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
No words could even say what i want to put across about this stuff..makes me sick

about what? our justice system? chinas justice system? the moon?
Rupert Murdoch IIRC
strick206

29th Dec 09 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH, the guy got caught in china drug smuggling, whether he knew what he was doing or not it's tough

Put it one way, i would love our justice system to be like that, kill people for drugs crimes, rapists, peado's, murderers etc

It's just our country is a soft touch, hence this iraqi twat getting allowed to stay

The sooner we can grow a nice big backbone and start turfing people out without giving a toss what the tribunals say the better

One thing for sure, he wouldn't even get to court in australia, he'd be on a boat with no choice
taylorboosh

29th Dec 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think our justace system is ok for the most part, imagaine if you where wrongly accused and executed......
Eck
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
i think our justace system is ok for the most part, imagaine if you where wrongly accused and executed......

Now THAT is what's wrong with this Country. In this day and age it's very unlikely you'll be falsely charged with murder with all of the forensic evidence and such that is used. They should all be executed. Life for a life.
ed

29th Dec 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind.
strick206

29th Dec 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If there is any doubt they normally get thrown out

I'm talking about a lot of cases when it is clear who did it. They should die. Ian Huntley for one easy example

And any immigrant that as much as steals a pack of chewing gum should be given a canoe and a push
Eck
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind.

Utter bollocks.
GF-91
Banned

29th Dec 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

We would have a death row for that kind of thing though.
No one could die if there was any element of doubt as to if they committed the crime. They would be made to wait for a final judgement [with forensic evidence and such (already mentioned)].

edit-bold fail

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by GaryF]
Nath

29th Dec 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do have to wonder what benefit there is to keeping people like Shipman and Huntley alive (granted Shipman isn't anymore). But what is the actual point? It takes time and money to keep these scummers alive. And for what reason?
taylorboosh

29th Dec 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GaryF
quote:

No one could die if there was any element of doubt as to if they committed the crime. They would be made to wait for a final judgement [with forensic evidence and such (already mentioned)].

edit-bold fail

a lot of people go to jail because of circumstantial evidance

now if its a clear cut peedo murders and rapes little girl, cops find him hanging out of her then yeah death.

but my main problem is with the prisons themselves, if they wherent so easy then no 1 would ever want to go back, they should make them live in poverty
ed

29th Dec 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your views are very simplistic. A lot of cases are increadibly complicated and involve a lot of people. Imagine if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and got put to death under joint enteprise.

Also if you think murder is so dispicable what gives you the right to put somone to death.

I could imagine it being a fun few weeks when you get put on jury duty and are asked to decide if you think that somone should be put to death or not.
Nath

29th Dec 09 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Your views are very simplistic. A lot of cases are increadibly complicated and involve a lot of people. Imagine if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and got put to death under joint enteprise.

Also if you think murder is so dispicable what gives you the right to put somone to death.

I could imagine it being a fun few weeks when you get put on jury duty and are asked to decide if you think that somone should be put to death or not.

Jurys don't decide on the penalty. A Judge does.
ed

29th Dec 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who decides guilt?
strick206

29th Dec 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

I'm talkig clear cut murders, anything with any hint of doubt no

Like what really is the point in keeping Ian Huntley alive? paying all this money to keep him alive when he is starving himself. I could quite happily take his life and have no guilty conscience.

Prisons should also be a bog and a mattress, with an hours yard time a day, no fucker would want to go back then either
strick206

29th Dec 09 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Who decides guilt?

Unfortunately Jurys, i also don't believe in jury duty though, professional jurys would be better imo
ed

29th Dec 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you even care if he lives or not. For all intents and purposes it doesn't effect you in any way.
ed

29th Dec 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by ed
Who decides guilt?

Unfortunately Jurys, i also don't believe in jury duty though, professional jurys would be better imo
Our court system is based on being judged in a court by your peers, not by some lawyers wanting dome pocket money.
strick206

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Why do you even care if he lives or not. For all intents and purposes it doesn't effect you in any way.

It's draining money from an already struggling britain, and i imagine there are a few more of him that could be deleted from the bills

No he doesn't really effect me, but would be nicer if he was dead, preferably tortured to death so he suffered but i'd be happy with him being sat in a chair
GF-91
Banned

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GaryF
quote:

edit-bold fail

a lot of people go to jail because of circumstantial evidance

now if its a clear cut peedo murders and rapes little girl, cops find him hanging out of her then yeah death.

but my main problem is with the prisons themselves, if they wherent so easy then no 1 would ever want to go back, they should make them live in poverty

I think I missed something;
They would be on death row until found guilty and actually killed; or they would be on death row, found that there is not enough evidence and there have to be freed until actual evidence is found.
strick206

29th Dec 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
Who decides guilt?

Our court system is based on being judged in a court by your peers, not by some lawyers wanting dome pocket money.

Yes but what right does some retard from liverpool have to decide whether i split my girlfriends arse or it was the milkman?
GF-91
Banned

29th Dec 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed
Who decides guilt?

Yes but what right does some retard from liverpool have to decide whether i split my girlfriends arse or it was the milkman?

Professional duty

Ian
Site Administrator

29th Dec 09 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Of course it does - the state is keeping him and many like him.
Nath

29th Dec 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RE: the above.

Guilt and sentancing are different things. Jury decides guilt. Judge decides penalty. And not all murders lead to Capital Punishment. Guilty of murder doesnt mean sentance to die.
DaveyLC

30th Dec 09 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Yeah the guy has got 'mental issues' but look at it this way.. He broke the law and he's going to die but now no one over here has to pay his benefit money!

WIN!

With all due respect for your joke, a friend of mine has bi-polar and most of the time she is a normal person with a job etc and costs the system next to nothing. Then, occasionally she will do something completely out of character thats not her conscious fault. Id sooner pay tax to keep her having a good quality of life than some fucking asylum seeker with no respect for our country that ran over a 12 year old girl and got away with it...

If you dont know anyone with bi-polar then you wont understand why what that bloke did was not worth being killed for.

There are people how ever who use it as an excuse..

I call EVOLUTION.
Matt H

30th Dec 09 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This one has been discussed before & even one of the police officers involved provided an insight into why the guy only got four months (someone posted the link on here). He served his sentence same as anybody else would & if he's here legally he should be able to stay legally

It's what the courts can prove. There isn't always enough proof to make a case, unless you want to use the pitchfork weilding mob as witnesses

[Edited on 30-12-2009 by Matt H]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » UK Penal System Vs. Others. 22 database queries in 0.0149331 seconds