corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra z20let

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra z20let
Warren G

User status: Offline
30th Dec 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
the fun to be had spending and modifiying the astra is far greater than a corsa b. if you buy one the corsa will gather dust then get sold. it will be too much to leave it a std car.

Fuck me Nic Barnes and myself agree.

When you get this Astra you won't have time for the Corsa, it becomes addictive and it's much easier to make a vroommmm tissshhhh go vroooommm vroooommmm.

I had the Nova when we got the first VXR so the situation is comparable and on those sunny days as lovely as the Nova was, the VXR was always going to draw the looks and you didn't have to worry about it breaking down or passing out from petrol fumes.

But then again it was really nice to have the choice.

I think your sensible enough to finish the Corsa B IMO. Just giving you points of view x

I want to finish the B, have a car i can take on track, and not be to worried if it breaks etc

same when i had the bike, - i got a car and it got less and less use, but i had the option of taking it out and having 'fun'

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
It will be savagly fast yer but not "fun"

Saxo is more "fun" then the civic

I think I get the angle he is coming from

Ideally I would have an astra cdti888 and the saxo stripped and caged but I dont have a garage

exactly, i want a car i can drive to europe, cruise, have a nice amount of torque to have a blat every now and again. but be comfacable, aircon, cruise control etc

then if i want a 'roar' drive id take the corsa. why do people have catherams? why dont they just have a normal car????......same reason

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
why have a GSi if you are going to spend 500+ on it and sell in less than a years time if thats your plan? mayaswell buy a comfy barge like an omega or sometin for a daily hacker and concentrate on the corsa, i did the same sort of thing and believe me it dosent work out

£500 is nothing,

and the bits i put on it, i can take off and sell for the same money.

i dont want a omega, i want something half decent, missing the point totaly

i dont need to 'concentrate' on the corsa, i just need to get a few things done, but these sort of cars always require attention, changing something, its part of the fun.
jr

30th Dec 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unleded will be £1.25 in april, that change your mind
scottyp1989

30th Dec 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i bought a vectra b gsi simply due to the fact that there arent many tuning options for it so it would actually remain my daily driver without being modified. this then meant that none of the excitment has been taken away from my project car and i dont feel the urge to do anything to my daily driver other than maintain it to a useable standard.

i spent a lot of time looking at and test driving astra gsi mk4 and tbh, it had everything, and affordable ha id want, if i dint already have a project car. thus meaning when i drove a vectra gsi, it was comfy, not exactly quick and had virtually no tuning potential i thought right, thats what id call a run around. keeps the focus on the real project car.

exactly, you dont want a daily hacker that has the same, if not more tuning potential than a project car
P1CK4D

30th Dec 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a cheaper alternative "run around" is basically what everyones getting at. Your choice in a run about isn't impressing us.
Warren G

30th Dec 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
sorry warren

i only thought about this as i saw an astra gsi today and wondered why you wanted one

corsa > astra

its a step up the market, abit more refined, and doesnt have a corsa image

i wanted a turbo

and i wanted something to go across europe in

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
I don't think many if any people would agree with spending that amount of money + any kind of modifications for 6months.

was a rough figure, but you can also look at it, i will also get alot of free/cheap parts

so will prob sell for more than i paid at the end of it.

how much did you spend on your engine......

quote:
Originally posted by TurboChris
The yellow DZ sticker is what they put on VXR turbos, normal zlet turbo dont have it

Chris

Thank you

quote:
i bought a vectra b gsi simply due to the fact that there arent many tuning options for it so it would actually remain my daily driver without being modified. this then meant that none of the excitment has been taken away from my project car and i dont feel the urge to do anything to my daily driver other than maintain it to a useable standard.

i spent a lot of time looking at and test driving astra gsi mk4 and tbh, it had everything, and affordable ha id want, if i dint already have a project car. thus meaning when i drove a vectra gsi, it was comfy, not exactly quick and had virtually no tuning potential i thought right, thats what id call a run around. keeps the focus on the real project car.

same with the astra, like people were saying, why dont you get a teg or rs

an astra isnt the most exciting car in the world, is it now

theres tuning option avaible, and i know what id want, and

im want lowered, just eibach springs, get one with a vxr turbo (common) maybe a few exhasut mods, and a remap. thats it, as i want to make it still sellerable (standard cars are easist to sell)

maybe im using the wrong thrase, not a run around,

i just faniced a new car, so il go get one

i fancy a new bike, so when the right one comes up, il go buy on..
P1CK4D

30th Dec 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G

quote:
I don't think many if any people would agree with spending that amount of money + any kind of modifications for 6months.

was a rough figure, but you can also look at it, i will also get alot of free/cheap parts

Far too much. In excess of £6k easily. Why?
scottyp1989

30th Dec 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
the fun to be had spending and modifiying the astra is far greater than a corsa b. if you buy one the corsa will gather dust then get sold. it will be too much to leave it a std car.

Fuck me Nic Barnes and myself agree.

When you get this Astra you won't have time for the Corsa, it becomes addictive and it's much easier to make a vroommmm tissshhhh go vroooommm vroooommmm.

I had the Nova when we got the first VXR so the situation is comparable and on those sunny days as lovely as the Nova was, the VXR was always going to draw the looks and you didn't have to worry about it breaking down or passing out from petrol fumes.

But then again it was really nice to have the choice.

I think your sensible enough to finish the Corsa B IMO. Just giving you points of view x

I want to finish the B, have a car i can take on track, and not be to worried if it breaks etc

same when i had the bike, - i got a car and it got less and less use, but i had the option of taking it out and having 'fun'

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
It will be savagly fast yer but not "fun"

Saxo is more "fun" then the civic

I think I get the angle he is coming from

Ideally I would have an astra cdti888 and the saxo stripped and caged but I dont have a garage

exactly, i want a car i can drive to europe, cruise, have a nice amount of torque to have a blat every now and again. but be comfacable, aircon, cruise control etc

then if i want a 'roar' drive id take the corsa. why do people have catherams? why dont they just have a normal car????......same reason

quote:
why have a GSi if you are going to spend 500+ on it and sell in less than a years time if thats your plan? mayaswell buy a comfy barge like an omega or sometin for a daily hacker and concentrate on the corsa, i did the same sort of thing and believe me it dosent work out

£500 is nothing,

and the bits i put on it, i can take off and sell for the same money.

i dont want a omega, i want something half decent, missing the point totaly

i dont need to 'concentrate' on the corsa, i just need to get a few things done, but these sort of cars always require attention, changing something, its part of the fun.

im not missing the point at all mate just dont see the point in doing what you want to do, if you want a turbo then why not just turbo the corsa? there are plenty of cars that are comfy with cruse controll, aircon and everything you want for a lot less than 5k, and if your only planning on keeping for less than a year why bother modding it.
Warren G

quote:
Originally posted by jr
unleded will be £1.25 in april, that change your mind

i dont do many miles, i wont get much better (worth while) out of a derv. as i dont normaly do on motorways

if i had to do a long distance trip, id just borrow my dads vectra desiel

quote:
Get a cheaper alternative "run around" is basically what everyones getting at. Your choice in a run about isn't impressing us.

okay, im wording it wrong, not a run around.

just another car, that i will keep for 6 months, then sell, reason being i want to go traveling.

quote:
quote:

quote:

Far too much. In excess of £6k easily. Why?

on a engine, and im talking about just spending than on a car

everyone has different views on hows money is spent,

my 1.8 engine, after iv sold bits off i didnt need, work done, ecu, throttle bodies, complete exhasut system, injectors the lot, will of cost me 2k, which some people just spend than on the throttle bodies and ecu.

its just how you intend to spend it, id like to think, like the corsa, i got cheap, spent abit of money on it, but hopefully il still sell it for more, including insurance

if i can get an astra at the right price, these no reason why i wont sell it at no loss or very small
Nic Barnes

well i wish you well with the astra and i hope the motivation for the corsa continues. i just cant see there being any need to take the corsa out over the astra.
P1CK4D

30th Dec 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well i wish you well with the astra and i hope the motivation for the corsa continues. i just cant see there being any need to take the corsa out over the astra.
jr

30th Dec 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nic has made the best point, but im sure your enjoy what ever you buy

Warren G

30th Dec 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

im not missing the point at all mate just dont see the point in doing what you want to do, if you want a turbo then why not just turbo the corsa? there are plenty of cars that are comfy with cruse controll, aircon and everything you want for a lot less than 5k, and if your only planning on keeping for less than a year why bother modding it.

now, i have a very good point for that.

first, the corsa does have aircon/cruise control

and i WAS going to turbo it, now that would put me in the having two projects, as thats not a five minute job - like im talking about on the astra, mods im talking of will take what 3hours to do everything, and thats it done.

a turbo conversion would of cost me, say £1500, now thats £1500 i wouldnt of seen back, as it doesnt increase the value of the car. same with modding anything

and its a corsa, when you say to someone what car do you drive, and you say corsa....

its a step up in the market and will cost me roughly £1000, to go from a corsa c sri 1.8 to an astra gsi
Warren G

30th Dec 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

thank you, nic,

they are very wise words

i understand completey what you are saying, but at the minute the corsa doesnt move, and when i does, it wont get used that often. its a toy,
jr

30th Dec 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 2nd from last point is irelevant

the word astra isnt known to remove g strings
Warren G

30th Dec 09 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

again, i will thank turbo chris for the single reply i acutaly wanted

oh a James - is that why you drive a no thrills combo van, thats been lowered?
jr

30th Dec 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the current and ex wouldnt be able to tell the diffrence between a corsa and astra, let alone be impressed by either
P1CK4D

30th Dec 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I don't think it was a £5k van and I dont think he planned on spending money another £1k or so on top
Nic Barnes

30th Dec 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

thank you, nic,

they are very wise words

i understand completey what you are saying, but at the minute the corsa doesnt move, and when i does, it wont get used that often. its a toy,

see i cant stop driving mine. its too much fun. and when it doesnt move my vectra that isnt fun reminds me of how quickly i need to make the corsa work again.

if i had another car instead of the vectra, when the corsa didnt work id not be as arsed as i am.

thats me though. im not from 1990's rap records.
jr

30th Dec 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh all i want for the van is a orange light for the roof
Warren G

30th Dec 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
the current and ex wouldnt be able to tell the diffrence between a corsa and astra, let alone be impressed by either

you need to teach her then! jeeze
P1CK4D

30th Dec 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
the current and ex

Pics?
jr

30th Dec 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no because then she'll demand i buy an astra gsi to be cool
jr

30th Dec 09 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr
the current and ex

Pics?

not as pretty as you
P1CK4D

30th Dec 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr
the current and ex

Pics?

not as pretty as you

Aww. Your so sweet. I don't care what you drive. You'll always be all I want. x
Warren G

30th Dec 09 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I don't think it was a £5k van and I dont think he planned on spending money another £1k or so on top

no, but whats the money got to do about it? i could go buy a brand new astra 1.4 no thrills........

its not the money, its the car......thats the impression im getting anyway

quote:
quote:
quote:

thank you, nic,

they are very wise words

see i cant stop driving mine. its too much fun. and when it doesnt move my vectra that isnt fun reminds me of how quickly i need to make the corsa work again.

if i had another car instead of the vectra, when the corsa didnt work id not be as arsed as i am.

thats me though. im not from 1990's rap records.

thats to funny

as i said, its not long term,

when i come back from where ever i end up, id prob just want an astra sport hatch derv,

quick, good mpg, and 200bhp

but would never be as fun to drive as the corsa

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra z20let 22 database queries in 0.0149860 seconds