corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FFS Argentina is at it again

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FFS Argentina is at it again
andy1868

User status: Offline
25th Feb 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the americans are worried that the south americans won't like them. the rest of the world hates them so why not the south americans as well.

i also like how we got our names dragged through dirt for their war for oil in the middle east but when its time to return the favour they're nowhere to be seen abandon afghanistan and place the troops in the falklands TBH IMO. why waste resources in the middle east for countries that don't want our "help" when theres British soil being threatened?

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by andy1868]
SVM 286

25th Feb 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
We are about to start drilling for oil in the falklands and Deisre petroleum have a platform 62 miles North of the Falklands which is firmly inside British waters.

Argentina reckons we are skirting UN resolutions and Venezuelas president is kicking off.

In a televised speech he said "The British are desperate for oil since their own fields in the North Sea are now being depleted"

He went on to say "Look England, how long are you going to be in Las Malvinas?, Queen of England im talking to you... the time for empires are over, havent you noticed? return the Malvinas to the Argentine people"

fucking disrespectul insolent spic if you ask me

What worries me is I remember reading that military analysts said we no longer have the naval power and resources to fight another war 8000 miles away from home

If they try it on again hopefully the United States will do more then provide behind the scenes intelligence seeing as we gave them so much support with Iraq etc.

cue epic falklands war quotes :

Brigadier Julian Thompson [cable to London reporting the recapture of South Georgia] "Be pleased to inform Her Majesty that the White Ensign flies alongside the Union Jack in South Georgia. God Save the Queen."

Frontpage of newsweek "The Empire Strikes Back"

Fire up the Vulcan.
SVM 286

25th Feb 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
quote:
cue epic falklands war quotes :

BBC reporter Brian Hanrahan using the famous and memorable line "I'm not allowed to say how many planes joined the raid, but I counted them all out and I counted them all back."

Always loved that one. Gave me such a warm feeling inside.
SVM 286

25th Feb 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Governor Sir Rex Hunt [on hearing of Argentine invasion plans]
Sounds like the buggers mean it.

Governor Sir Rex Hunt [to Admiral Carlos Busser, commander of the Argentine invasion force]
This is British territory. You're not invited. We don't want you here. I want you to go now and take all your men with you.

SVM 286

25th Feb 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This will scare them enough tbh

That's about a hospital's worth sat there isn't it Ste?
stuartmitchell

25th Feb 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
so the americans are worried that the south americans won't like them. the rest of the world hates them so why not the south americans as well.

i also like how we got our names dragged through dirt for their war for oil in the middle east but when its time to return the favour they're nowhere to be seen abandon afghanistan and place the troops in the falklands TBH IMO. why waste resources in the middle east for countries that don't want our "help" when theres British soil being threatened?

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by andy1868]

Correct, they claim that they have always been neutral on the issue however in 1982 Regan supplied vital intelligence to Thatcher that helped us win the war

I agree, if it all kicks off whip the lads out of Afghan and Iraq and send them down to Argentina for a shooting spree

I think America will buckle if it comes to it though. They need us more than we need them at the moment!
SetH

25th Feb 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Redneck bush would have supported all the way.

Obama beiing uhm... ethnic shall we say probably secretly sympathsies with the spics i mean argentinians.

BANNED
stuartmitchell

25th Feb 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss George Bush, he would of nuked them by now
wwwNOOBcom

25th Feb 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The british navy are more then up to sailing and taking them on even the the current state, a shit load has changed in 30 years, for argintina virtully nothing has chaged in there armed forces
andy1868

26th Feb 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

peeee-ow peeeow peeeeow

ryzer

26th Feb 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the royal navy now have lots more toys to play with if they play up

HMS Daring, AA destroyer with ASW capability

HMS Astute Boomer

HMS Ocean Helicopter assault ship

which can launch this if needed

come on then argies, if you think your hard enough

RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What worries me is I remember reading that military analysts said we no longer have the naval power and resources to fight another war 8000 miles away from home

THE UK Naval Force (and MoD as a whole) is fucked; black hole of finances and no longer at the forefront of innovation and technology. Apart from one exception, the Naval; Forces and SBS are using 30 year old design hulls and boats which are unbelieveably behind the times. The prominent Naval fleet in Europe (if not the world) is the Sweedish Navy with their Corvette class frigates and 70/80knot RIBs and patrol vessel. The UK Naval RIBs struggle to get 40knots and the Raiders craft aren't doing all that well either.

Even the French have money to spend and are edging ahead of us quickly!
ryzer

26th Feb 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree, its air power you need, and we have that with Bulwark, Ocean, and lusty can still launch harriers if we need. we have Daring and her sisters for AA & ASW, and our subs have recently been going through a refurb, ok we are nothing compared to the yanks but we will have the 2 new carriers carrying the new lightning in the next 10 years.
Jambo

26th Feb 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't say i blame the Americans tbh. Im a tad dissapointed but it unserstandable. They have such trouble with South America and its own huge hispanic population.. Seems silly for them to "back us up" (do we need them to?) when they jeopordise things further.

The reason we went to Afghan etc is becuase it directly effects us, its in our interest to cease teerrorist training camops supported by a regime in power. I.e basicly a national threat to both our countries.

Anyone niave enough to think 9/11 its just about America i suggest you look up the 7/7 attacks in England, the attacks in Bali, Spain and Holland (iirc) The Jihad is on western civilistation, and religeon and knows no country boundries.

i dont think the Argies could seriously let another conflict happena. It would be a senseless waste of life for all those involved.

And as we all know, they will come off alot worse.

They just finished restoring that Vulcan didnt they

*hopes it will re enter service to do a few "fly bys" over the Argie fleet
ryzer

26th Feb 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they need more money Jambo, check my link! dont need to pay now by the way, just pledge your money!
SetH

26th Feb 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The reason we went to Afghan etc is becuase it directly effects us, its in our interest to cease teerrorist training camops supported by a regime in power. I.e basicly a national threat to both our countries.

Well if you truly believe that then the western capitalist pig governments have truly brainwashed and convinced you
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryzer
I disagree, its air power you need, and we have that with Bulwark, Ocean, and lusty can still launch harriers if we need. we have Daring and her sisters for AA & ASW, and our subs have recently been going through a refurb, ok we are nothing compared to the yanks but we will have the 2 new carriers carrying the new lightning in the next 10 years.

Carriers WILL be cancelled
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only contract which won't be cancelled is Trident; everything else will be cancelled or put on hold - the MoD is on the verge of being pennyless which will be made worse by the effects of the current economic situation and also the war in Afghanistan and cost of Iraq

On the small craft side, all they've ordered in 5/6 years has been ORCs and Pac24s and not many of those either; with fewer in the pipeline.

Foreign Navies are outnumbering purchases from UK boat builders by a ridiculous margin; maybe 100:1 or more; The French and Swedes are spending the money on innovation and technology - the UK Navy's Pac's aren't even fitted with shock mitigating seating which even the Bangledesh Navy are using!

[Edited on 26-02-2010 by LiVe LeE]
SetH

26th Feb 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fcuk that picture angers me, we are home you spic fucks

I guess it shows how passionate the argentians are about this though and its always been quite a national thing to them. Not many people in the UK care because they care more about whats happening in eastenders tbh
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Foreign Navies are outnumbering purchases from UK boat builders by a ridiculous margin; maybe 100:1 or more; The French and Swedes are spending the money on innovation and technology - the UK Navy's Pac's aren't even fitted with shock mitigating seating which even the Bangledesh Navy are using!

I though the french and UK budgets, and staff was practically the same.

Hence the talk of forming the british and french navy together to save costs?

tbh, really, do we need a huge navy and big defence budget? Surley this is what the UN is for?
SetH

26th Feb 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

tbh, really, do we need a huge navy and big defence budget? Surley this is what the UN is for?

Fuck that, if we side with the enemy i will emmigrate.

Yes we need a huge Navy and big defence budget... bring back the empire! make the world england!
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

We've just completed a £3million contract and I knwo someone else has a £2,5million contract + a new one due to come out for the same ball park; so thats £9million or so on small boats in 18months. I would be suprised if UK MoD had spent 10% of that.

We're UK MoD enabled for RIBs, one of only 3 companies which are; one of those companies is on the verge of going bump and the other has wound production up pretty much except for the Pac's to the Navy. We haven't supplied a new boat to UK MoD since 2001!
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We can't even fund the Coastguard anymore, thats been palmed off to a French private company
RichR
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aircraft Carriers
HMS Ark Royal Launched 1978
HMS Illustrious Launched1982
HMS Invincible Launched 1977

Type 23s
HMS Argyll Launched 1989
HMS Iron Duke Lauched 1991
HMS Kent Launched 1998
HMS Lancaster Launched 1990
HMS Monmouth Launched 1991
HMS Northumberland Launched 1992
HMS Portland Launched 1999
HMS Richmond Launched 1993
HMS Somerset Launched 1994
HMS Sutherland Launched 1996
HMS Westmisnter Launched 1992

Type 22s
HMS Cambeltown Launched 1987
HMS Chatham Launched 1988
HMS Cornwall Launched 1985
HMS Cumberland Commissioned 1989

Type 42 Destroyers
HMS Edinburgh Launched 1983
HMS Glouceter Launched 1982
HMS Liverpool Launched 1980
HMS Manchester Launched 1980
HMS Nottingham Launched 1980
HMS York Launched 1982

Type 45 Destroyers
HMS Daring Launched 2008

Assault Ships
HMS Ocean Launched 1995
HMS Albion Launched 2001
HMS Bulwark Launched 2001

Hydrographic Ships
HMS Roebuck Launched 1985
HMS Scott Launched 1996
HMS Echo Launched 2002
HMS Enterprise Launched 2002
HMS Gleaner Commissioned 1983
HMS Endurance Launched 1990

Hunt Class [Mine Countermeasures]
HMS Atherstone Launched 1986
HMS Brocklesby Launched ?
HMS Cattistock Launched 1982
HMS Chiddingfold Launched 1983
HMS Hurworth Launched 1985
HMS Ledbury Launched 1979
HMS Middleton Launched 1984
HMS Quorn Launched 1988

Sandown Class
HMS Bangor Launched 1999
HMS Blythe Launched ?
HMS Grimsby Launched 1998
HMS Pembroke Launched 1997
HMS Penzance Launched 1997
HMS Ramsey Launched 1999
HMS Shoreham Launched 2001
HMS Walney Launched 1991

Fisheries Protection
HMS Tyne Launched ?
HMS Severn Launched ?
HMS Mersey Launched ?

P2000 Class
HMS Archer Launched 1991
HMS Exploit Commissioned 1988
HMS Trumpeter Launched 1988
HMS Smiter Launched 1986
HMS Charger Launched 1988
HMS Express Launched ?
HMS Ranger Launched
HMS Puncher Launched
HMS Biter Launched
HMS Example Launched 1985
HMS Blazer Launched 1988
HMS Explorer Launched?
HMS Raider Launched?

Gibraltar Squadron
HMS Scimitar Commissioned 2003
HMS Sabre Launched ?

Cyprus Squadron
HMS Dasher deployed 2002
HMS Pursuer deployed 2002

Future Ships

HMS Dauntless Launched 2007 NOT YET IN SERVICE
HMS Diamond Launched 2007 NOT YET IN SERVICE
HMS Dragon Launched 2008 NOT YET IN SERVICE
HMS Defender Launched 2009 NOT YET IN SERVICE
HMS Duncan In Build

HMS Queen Elizabeth to be launched 2014
HMS Prince of Wales to be launched 2016

I don't think the Queen Elizabeth class will be delivered on time (if at all)

So from the list of ships IN SERVICE above; apart from 6 exceptions, they're are all over 10 years old
ryzer

26th Feb 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont need to be brand new to be able to do the job though, we didnt have the systems to deal with Exocet missiles in the 80's, we do now, Bulwark, Albion and Ocean are best suited to the falklands issue, we have the type 42 destoyers to deal with AA and the argies didnt have the ASW capability back in the 80s and I doubt they do now.

with or without the new carriers, lusty and ocean could launch harriers to Stanley, so long as we dont lose that land first, and the Typhoon will see to that.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » FFS Argentina is at it again 22 database queries in 0.0167601 seconds