corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finance or Loan?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finance or Loan?
Colin

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like it!!
Colin

2nd Mar 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I kill KIDS with my V8 :doyle:
DaveyLC

2nd Mar 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm might be a little extreme
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Mar 10 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the input... didn't expect to find 3 pages - did I leave my grot on photobucket or something?

Anyway, repayments shouldn't be an issue, and like I say, the loan would be for around £4k (I have £18k or so for the Asda, part funded by work though)

Only reason we aren't buying outright is because we are getting more money together for a Mortgage deposit as we hope to purchase a house late in the year, and the missus's current wagon is slowly dying, and she is a community care worker so does a lot of home visits round North Dorset, so we need to find her something sooner rather than later - we've cancelled a holiday to Cuba in the summer due to these (plus £2.2k for 2 weeks somewhere we've never been seemed a bit pointless tbh when we want a house and shared car)

I think i'll go and speak to my bank first, see what they can offer me, then try some other reputable places, I should be able to scrape together a fairly decent lump of cash together to reduce the required loan too.
Kevxx

2nd Mar 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mr Djgritt, get a loan better rates, and buy something yourself, you're good with cars, generally know what to look for on the private market.
Pop

2nd Mar 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I sold cars we could often beat bank loan rates. There are plenty of other reasons car finance is better than a loan.

Going forwards in life I wouldn't want all my hard earned money tied up in a depreciating asset, this is why I think finance is good.
Tom G

2nd Mar 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
NEITHER! Look at the number of people on this forum who are selling fancy cars they bought on fiance because they need the money now.

Getting finance/loan is just a quick fix, you'll be all happy with your purchase until the monthly payments hit home and then you'll realise the money was more important than having a nice car.

Save up!

About the only thing i've ever agreed with you on
I'm in the same position...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finance or Loan? 22 database queries in 0.0074430 seconds