corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smurf's Corsa Project Updated 14/06/10

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smurf's Corsa Project Updated 14/06/10
corsabsonny

User status: Offline
18th Apr 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what work smurf? could have a deal
corsabsonny

18th Apr 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dependant on how ruff your bumper is ive got a deal in mind smurf? are you still online
TheSmurfinator

19th Apr 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did a bit more today, engine is in and running but it looks like the water pump isn't working, so will have to replace that now
grubz172

19th Apr 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what makes you think its the water pump? could just be a stuck thermostat .. had same problem with mine
TheSmurfinator

19th Apr 10 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be the thermostat,but there doesn't seem to be ANY flow at all, the rad is not getting hot, but the header is boiling over, gonna swap my old water pump and my thermostat over to the new engine anyway
grubz172

19th Apr 10 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my rad was cold and engine was boiling and it was thermostat .. but cam belt has to come off to change it so might aswell do waterpump aswell, just be carefull with the allen bolts holding the waterpump .. you dont want to be snapping them in
TheSmurfinator

20th Apr 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanx for the info hunni, I'll let you know how we go on
arizona ste

27th Apr 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good and watch how the water pump comes off cos im sure they act as a tentioner not 100% tho and yeh they should b 3 allan bolts there once u get the belts off and cam pully of 2 get the plastic off and they can be cunts to get out once youv tken the bolts out and how did u manage 12 points?? i thought i was bad wit 9 and did u get them b4 u had a license??

[Edited on 27-04-2010 by arizona ste]
TheSmurfinator

4th May 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My points are two sets of six, both for no insurance, one was my cock up ( for got to change address) and the other was the insurance companies cock up. I would never knowingly drive with no insurance....

Back to the engine, it looks like the head gasket has gone now after we transferred everything else over and got it running, grrrr.
My dad died last week so I've not really touched it since then, but will have to start working on it again now - it will give me something to focus on....
thing is, do I skim the head on this one or get another engine - been offered a good one very cheap, but it is the hassle of doing another engine change....

[Edited on 04-05-2010 by TheSmurfinator]
bally2010
Premium Member

4th May 10 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi u dont need to skim ur head if its not warped the head when i did my headgasket wen it went all i did was new gasket kit and timing kit lightly sand the head and bore and place it all back to gether and it will be fine just make sure u can borrow a torque wrench which i have for u to borrow if u like
bally2010
Premium Member

4th May 10 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grubz did his exactly same way also and our cars are still going strong
arizona ste

5th May 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just make sure as bally said to clean the head and block up a bit so it can get a good seal on the headgasket and yeah torque wrench is important lol and i would say its rele pretty much the same as doin an engine job providin u have the tools like a hoist plus if this other engine has better history and serviced regular you may be better of gettin that as it could save you a lot of money in the long run and before you put it in the car you could do the head and new timin belt etc
JaffaTB

5th May 10 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking better now, is that wing the one u got off me?

Cant u get your money back on the engine with it having a months guarantee?
bally2010
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a mint engine for sale out of my corsa 113 on clock no nocks or bangs smoke or tapping
TheSmurfinator

25th May 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
Looking better now, is that wing the one u got off me?

Cant u get your money back on the engine with it having a months guarantee?

Yeah I probably could have done but my dad died the week after I fitted it, and by the time I had got my head together enough to think about dealing with it the month was up....

anyway got another engine in it now and it's running ok I think.
Got lots of work to catch up on now if I want to make it to PVS!
TheSmurfinator

14th Jun 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, quick update:

Got another engine from Andy (cheers mate) and it's in and running great.

ended up with a week to get the car to an acceptable standard for PVS, so went out and bought £20 worth of graf paint and asked a mate to "do something" with my spare bonnet.I also fitted my front leather seats and gave my wheels a quick refurb, not the best but they look better than they did..... Here is the result

[Edited on 14-06-2010 by TheSmurfinator]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smurf's Corsa Project Updated 14/06/10 23 database queries in 0.0143850 seconds