corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why to keep your student loan repayments secret in your office...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why to keep your student loan repayments secret in your office...
Andrew

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sadly i can't see myself earning much more in the near future

Love my job and the place i work is not to bad. Only good thing is the £250 - £300 fuel per month they pay for me to commute. See how things go in the next few months...
Hammer

23rd Apr 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I spent my days working out equations and constructing essays based on my workmates salaries I would hang myself. In fairness.
Ian W

23rd Apr 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
All my workmates are on around 60k & Im on a third of that!!

This time next year rodney....ey ey

How do you have an M3 and a new house then
Daimo B

23rd Apr 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Love my job and the place i work is not to bad. Only good thing is the £250 - £300 fuel per month they pay for me to commute. See how things go in the next few months...

See thats another £5k-£6k on top of your wages. I've never been paid to commute.

That brings your total salary up to an above average figure.

Also its a bonus your really enjoy your job. Maybe even consider writing a little report as to why you think your worth more and take it to your managers? They can only say no...
James

23rd Apr 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was paid the £400 it costs me a month to commute I'd be laughing.
Andrew

23rd Apr 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

See thats another £5k-£6k on top of your wages. I've never been paid to commute.

That brings your total salary up to an above average figure.

Also its a bonus your really enjoy your job. Maybe even consider writing a little report as to why you think your worth more and take it to your managers? They can only say no...

Salary and van situation is currently being reviewed as the MD(s) have both pointed out how i'm worth much more. I'm not mega skint, just know how much money i'm making the company in general. They charge £550 a day for my services... Pisses me off at times... Such as getting home at 23.00 last night but that was a fuck up on their behalf...

As i say, i love my job, that in itself is a bonus. I even sadly enjoy the commute each day.

Does anyone know how the company deal with fuel costs as i currently use a fuel card - comp is set up as a LTD. How much tax can they claim back. Come June, i want to know the facts, maybe then have some sort of case to argue.
Andrew

23rd Apr 10 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:

I have two mortages mate, pay your bills on time and they will give you anything
Colin

23rd Apr 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Budgeting well gets you what you want within reason. My house wasnt expensive compared to some on here. 500 a month keeps the house (each) & the car gets by on 300-ish. I work away a lot & dont spend a penny those weeks im away. While its managable I know my incomes going to shoot up in the next 12 months, without that assurance I wouldnt have an M3 on my current wage!!

[Edited on 23-04-2010 by Colin]
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ridiculous how little they have to pay it back in, might aswell just give them the money
dannymccann

23rd Apr 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
£17,266.66

If thats Andrews wage, thats a TOTAL pisstake. I don't even have a degree and I wouldn't get out of bed for that at 20

I have a degree in Accountancy and am 21, just got my wage slip in the post and last month I paid off £2
BarnshaW

23rd Apr 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread makes me because i dont have a degree, did not go to university, went straight to work from school and earn a very healthy wage. Also i work in a company with massive opportunities, its a dog eat dog world, If you dont go for the better opportunities with more money then someone else will.
dannymccann

23rd Apr 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shit no im 22
Ben G

23rd Apr 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the good thing about ford

we are all on the same starting wage, then every grade you go up you get 80p per hour more.
Graham88

23rd Apr 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I'm shocked you are on that wage Colin considering you are in the oil business! I suppose it's like being in the army though you don't spend anything whilst you're away so when you come back you've got loads waiting!

I'm on the same boat as barnshaw, so glad I didn't even considering Uni, but then not everyone gets their lucky break!
AndyKent

23rd Apr 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Shit no im 22

I'm another smug cunt who didn't pay for his own university. Left school at 16 and my work at putting me through a uni course and footing the bill.

Plus I'm on a (fairly) decent wage in the mean time
Colin

23rd Apr 10 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It costs something like 70k a year to train me up, & im not counted as a number just now so thats why I dont get paid loads just now which is perfectly acceptable by me. Good times will follow!!
BarnshaW

23rd Apr 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no way your on 20k a year and running an M3 and a house and bills.....
Colin

23rd Apr 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No
BarnshaW

23rd Apr 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no... i dont believe it for a minute, you would have to be financially assisted by somewhere/someone else, a 20k salary would mean you probably take home around 1300 a month after tax/NI
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Apr 10 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all depends how much jade brings into the equation
AndyKent

23rd Apr 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
no... i dont believe it for a minute, you would have to be financially assisted by somewhere/someone else, a 20k salary would mean you probably take home around 1300 a month after tax/NI

I like the way you assume he's lying

His missus is obviously bringing home a decent wage and he's explained his outgoings. Not rocket science to see how its affordable.
Colin

23rd Apr 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW

Yep which ive explained 500 goes towards the house & around 300 on the car. giving me 500 to do what I want with on the 2 weeks im home from work.

It doesnt cost much to live if you do it in moderation.

Jade brings the same to the table for the house that I do. £1k a month pays the mortgage & household bills.

Whats so surprising about that?? Why would I lie that I earn less than I do? Most folk bump up their online income!!
BarnshaW

23rd Apr 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1k a month is just less then i presumed i guess, down here a mortgage on a house and monthly bills would be much more. Fair enough , I guess i should be moving up north then.
deano87

23rd Apr 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I believe I'll pay back £1 this month.

Yep, that's right, £15k.

Salary fail.
Colin

23rd Apr 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anythings managable, even more so when you know your moving onto better things in a short while. But no our mortgage is not massive by any measure.

Considering its a 3 bed detached house it cost feck all!!

Its a nice thought that if I can manage just now on my salary then when im clearing 3k a month im going to have plenty expendable cash to blow on stuff!!

[Edited on 23-04-2010 by Colin]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Why to keep your student loan repayments secret in your office... 22 database queries in 0.0157549 seconds