corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who wont be voting in the election?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who wont be voting in the election?
adiohead

User status: Offline
6th May 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we need:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proportional_representation
Twitch

6th May 10 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont vote them it gives labour a better chance to stay in and as much as the others are all badgers imo labour is by far the worst
Jambo

6th May 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No vote. No voice.

This isn't an ideal world, there are no perfect parties/mp's. It sucks yes, but it is what it is, if you don't vote you can't help the country and the people.

Ojc

6th May 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh this is bringing out the best people on Facebook, this girl is now being removed as a result.

"Kerri Rowland um who 2 vote 4 let me fink uh noone what a load of sh1t! after 2day my weekend begins whoop whoop x"

And a reply to her status

"dam straight i aint voting 4 no 1 either bullsh1t"

I love the people in this country, going out and getting mashed is far more important than who governs them.

Brilliant, this country is beyond repair.
Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
No vote. No voice.

This isn't an ideal world, there are no perfect parties/mp's. It sucks yes, but it is what it is, if you don't vote you can't help the country and the people.

Not true

"if you don't vote you can't help the country and the people"

Respect your opinion but that is not true - there are plenty of ways to help the country and its people without voting... charity work for example is much more important than using your right to vote.

Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Oh this is bringing out the best people on Facebook, this girl is now being removed as a result.

"Kerri Rowland um who 2 vote 4 let me fink uh noone what a load of sh1t! after 2day my weekend begins whoop whoop x"

And a reply to her status

"dam straight i aint voting 4 no 1 either bullsh1t"

I love the people in this country, going out and getting mashed is far more important than who governs them.

Brilliant, this country is beyond repair.

Its not like you have a choice who governs you lol ---- its labour or tories and both parties are owned by the same people and confined by the same limitations - that girl is actually correct...it is indeed bullsh it.

If I voted for Labour again I would have to be crazy and have a fetish for being shat on from a great height. The conservatives are not an option. Why would I want two priveliged, rich berks/crooks/pr men who were mates at school to be running the country for the good of them and their mates - and its really a waste of time voting for anyone else. I wont be putting my name to any of them...I suspect many will feel the same.
Whoever gets in will probably not have the support of any where close to half of the population. The chance of a hung parliament is very high.

Hopefully the Conservatives will get in and completely cock up the economy to the point where the whole thing goes tits up. Then maybe we can get down to London, burn down the commons, start chopping some heads off and in future our politicians may actually be scared of us and respect our wishes.

There are very few men/women of substance left in parliament. Most of them are career politicians, media men, ex commercial sector media relation gurus ect. They dont respect us, they are in effect all 'cabs for hire' - they are motivated by the wishes of big business and the party whips, not the electorate. And any good ones that do exist are tied down by the party political system anyway - Ken Clarke for example has to defend Osbourne through gritted teeth when he knows full well he is a complete s h i t and would make a good politician laugh....same applies to his mate Dave. Its a mockery that if you want to give honest, insightfull opinions on how to change things then you have to relegate yourself to the back benches....surely these are the people we want in cabinet not on the fringes of the party being disowned by the whips.

An election will not change anything- you will wake up the next day and nothing will change whoever gets in. All the parties are owned, constrained by the same factors - ie - the wishes of multinationals, banks, oil traders and the wishes of the general public come a long way down the list. Somewhere down the line we have really messed up this country - I personally think its going to take something much bigger than an election to sort things out.

[Edited on 06-05-2010 by Dr Pepper]
Jambo

6th May 10 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So by that right, how did it change since 1997?!

ollie that status update is horrific. And so eloquently summarises the yoof of today.

were doomed.
Ojc

6th May 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't be a spastic Dr Pepper, are you advocating the fact the girl is a retard?

Shes not voting because she is thick as shit and doesn't understand it, her repsonse is typical of someone that is fucking clueless about anything other than booking holidays to Malia and getting smashed with her girls WHOOP WHOOP
Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Don't be a spastic Dr Pepper, are you advocating the fact the girl is a retard?

Shes not voting because she is thick as shit and doesn't understand it, her repsonse is typical of someone that is fucking clueless about anything other than booking holidays to Malia and getting smashed with her girls WHOOP WHOOP

Plenty of people who are voting are also thick as shit and dont understand it......which is more dangerous?

The state the country is in is not the fault of that girl or other young 'retards' who like to party and do nothing else.....the country is in a state because of the direction we have been taken in by our educated elite representatives and leaders of big business .......

oceansoul

6th May 10 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way i see it, is if you dont vote now, then you have no right to complain about the state of the country in a week or a a year etc etc

You KNOW that the people who are saying they wont vote (like the FB girl above), will start moaning about the state of the country or tax going up or lack of benifits/too much benifits etc Well they can STFU as they havent TRIED to make a difference.
Daimo B

6th May 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pepper, so your saying in the last 10-12 years labours been in power, this country hasn't gone hugley downhill from when you were a kid?

I remember my mum getting a little bit of money in income support, and that money went on bits for me, school kit, school trips etc. I also remember not thinking everyone owes me everything and never thinking I should get everythign for nothing. Having a very low income family, we didn't own flash cars, fancy TV's and such. We owned what was representative of my parents income.

The country has gone hugley downhill during labours reign. Immigration control, spending on services, laws and dictatorship about what you can and cannot do.

As I put on another forum:

Conservatives sold all our companies (Maggie), a few thousand lost their jobs, but the UK became debt free. This made people angry, conservatives voted out.

Then Labour came in, and put us back in HUGE amounts of debt. Gave freebies to the non workers, ruined our healthcare, gave out free money to dossers, and eventually we're in this attitude of society where everyone expects everything for nothing. Totally labours fault.

So say Conservatives get back in power, what have they got to do? Clear all of Labours debts again, p1ss lots of people off, and will get voted out again next election defore they've had a chance to do anything.

Who-ever comes in has to sort out the sh1t that muppet Blair and Brown have created, so whoever wins is going to end up looking bad.

Anything to get labour out though please!!!!!!

[Edited on 06-05-2010 by VXR]
mattk

6th May 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree
oceansoul

6th May 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Daimo B

6th May 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd also like to raise the question......

We went to war becuase of WMD yeah?

How many were found? 0

Was there a hidden agenda where Bush Jnr took over Daddy Bush seniors thirst for power and oil? Indeed.

Are we still there? Did the UK vote nationally NOT to go to war? Indeed we did. Was it taken into consideration? No.

Too busy using our tax paying money to clear their 5th house moats n stuff....

I can't stand any of the parties. Wouldn't mind going into government myself, you need to start locally don't you?

Oil prices - We get taxed stupid amounts on petrol. The cost of oil went down, so did fuel. So how comes we're still under $100 per barrell (when prices went to £1.20 last time and everyone went mad), yet the other day I saw petrol for £1.31 and the average round here is £1.20. But still we pay more.

Control cameras. its coming, all due to labour. Has no-one noticed the millions of "pollution" cameras, and other types of cameras going up? Traffic charging system/speed control system is coming. Down to labour again.

Labour have f**ked up this country in so many ways, hell even if i really didn't care, i'd put my vote in just to get those useless theiving w4nkers out of power.

Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Pepper, so your saying in the last 10-12 years labours been in power, this country hasn't gone hugley downhill from when you were a kid?

I remember my mum getting a little bit of money in income support, and that money went on bits for me, school kit, school trips etc. I also remember not thinking everyone owes me everything and never thinking I should get everythign for nothing. Having a very low income family, we didn't own flash cars, fancy TV's and such. We owned what was representative of my parents income.

The country has gone hugley downhill during labours reign. Immigration control, spending on services, laws and dictatorship about what you can and cannot do.

As I put on another forum:

Conservatives sold all our companies (Maggie), a few thousand lost their jobs, but the UK became debt free. This made people angry, conservatives voted out.

Then Labour came in, and put us back in HUGE amounts of debt. Gave freebies to the non workers, ruined our healthcare, gave out free money to dossers, and eventually we're in this attitude of society where everyone expects everything for nothing. Totally labours fault.

So say Conservatives get back in power, what have they got to do? Clear all of Labours debts again, p1ss lots of people off, and will get voted out again next election defore they've had a chance to do anything.

Who-ever comes in has to sort out the sh1t that muppet Blair and Brown have created, so whoever wins is going to end up looking bad.

What you have typed there is so wrong I dont know where to start.

I am not labour or tory...I think arguing which one is better is stupid and a waste of time......It isnt the parties that are wrong --- its the system. The problems you have mentioned above have been caused by the way our politics is set up - you could have labour or the tories or the libs in charge and you would get the same result...none of them would have done anything drastically different because they are all chasing votes and more importantly- funding

Party Politics doesnt work, unregulated free markets doesnt work - untill you get rid of these things nothing will change.

We have got into a situation where our politicians dont actually have much power to change things - the power is in the hands of a couple of men in each party- they decide what the policies will be and everyone else acts on it and work to implement those policies....this is not how parliament should work.... its not how it is legally supposed to work.

Our politicians can not change things - therefore I do not see the point in voting for any of them. We are now part of a corporate dictatorship - business has more power in this country than 99% of our politicians... companies are basically paying for certain legislation to be passed and for other legislation to be blocked... this was started by the Tories and has continued and grown under labour.... giving business that much power has been the cause of most of our problems.... if you let comercial enterprises make decisions they will always make profit at the expense of every thing else.

What happens in a party political system is that parties are more interested in getting and keeping power than they are in doing things fr the good of the country. They will make decisions based on how it will effect their parties popularity with voters and financial backers rather than making decisions based on their own morale compass.

You can not have your own opinion as a politician in party politics....you must follow the party line...if you dont then you will be relegated to a lone voice on the back benches. This country is basically run by the prime minister, his spin doctors and the party whips....that is a broken democracy.

We basically have a president, with no congress to oppose or scrutinize him - its a flawed system that has already taken us into an illegal/misjudged/expensive war and to the brink of financial meltdown.
The Prime minister can do what he likes and his party will not just back him, they will lie, cheat and rob for him ..... thats how we ended up in Iraq - the party had no strength to oppose its leader, how can that be correct?

And why did Blair want that war so much? Because it was worth billions in contracts to american and british companies ..... The followers of people such as milland friedman decided war with Iraq was in the interest of our companies- those companies lobbyed the government here and in the us and we pushed fr that war on their behalf..... nothing was allowed to get in the way of the corporate money that was to be made out of iraq

Labour would kill for politicians like Robin Cook or Claire Short to be on their side for this coming election......yet they were forced to resign over Iraq, that was there only option, they were not part of the decision making process, Gordon Brown claims he was not part of the decision making process. Blair didnt really care that they resigned, or that millions marched- he knew he could still have his way because enough labour politicians would keep their mouth shut and back him on the issue. If you want to make it onto the front bench you have to be good at keeping your mouth shut and doing what your told or the whips will never let you rise to that position.....they are all yes men, thats why you end up with Ed and David Milliband, rather than Robin Cook and Calir short....the Millibands know their place. You will not make it into cabinet any more if you speak out against party line, however wrong you feel it to be. Other than the Prime Minister and his strategists there is no room for other members of the party to shape political direction... they are only their to spread the world...thats why lots of mps now come from advertising or public relations

Blair/Alistair Campbell and Brown/Mandelson run the whole thing..... I honestly dont belive anyone else in the party has any power to oppose them other than resigning.

And it wont be any different if Cameron gets in because he loves Blair and the way he ran the country - Cameron is vain and self important enough to want to be a presidential prime minister as well

The most terrifying thing about Iraq is that we went there because one man in parliament wanted us to go..... he was able to withold information not just from the public, but from his own cabinet. He could ignore the millions against the war, but he could also ignore senior members of his own cabinet....His unelected advisors and enforcers were more informed and had more power than most of the elected cabinet had. Thats is not democracy im afraid - and the really scary thing is that it could happen again very easily

Fro

6th May 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm just fed up of seeing that stupid face GB pulls when he pauses
Ben J

6th May 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As usual I won't vote. I'm 29 and have never voted. Don't do politics.

Daimo B

6th May 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pepper, I understand that, but who raises the original ideas of putting these stupid laws and sanctions in place.

Labour members.

We need a change of power, to either prove Labour was at fault.

Will things change? Not really that much. Small things will chage yes. I would like to see the family allowence tax re-introduced and such.

Whoever you vote (or not in your case, im still suprised you show so much interest but can't be assed to go out and put a simple tick in a box) for is irrelivant, as long as its not labour.

Power needs to change parties. All I know is whilst under labour this country has gone seriously downhill, and for that reason alone they need to be booted.

PS, it was Blair sticking his nose up busch's arse that took us to war, not a personnal vendetta like Bush had.

Quite frankly, I think we should distance ourselves from the USA as much as possible. Start letting them know they are not the centre of the world. But thats a different subject.
Dr Pepper

6th May 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Pepper, I understand that, but who raises the original ideas of putting these stupid laws and sanctions in place.

Labour members.

We need a change of power, to either prove Labour was at fault.

Will things change? Not really that much. Small things will chage yes. I would like to see the family allowence tax re-introduced and such.

Whoever you vote (or not in your case, im still suprised you show so much interest but can't be assed to go out and put a simple tick in a box) for is irrelivant, as long as its not labour.

Power needs to change parties. All I know is whilst under labour this country has gone seriously downhill, and for that reason alone they need to be booted.

PS, it was Blair sticking his nose up busch's arse that took us to war, not a personnal vendetta like Bush had.

Quite frankly, I think we should distance ourselves from the USA as much as possible. Start letting them know they are not the centre of the world. But thats a different subject.

We cant distance ourself from the US - We are owned by the same people as them. We have shared goals, shared enemies and more importantly we share a friedman school of economics agenda. We are both involved in the 'shock doctrine'(ifyou dont know what this is then I strongly advise you read it....award winning book by naomi klein)

To be honest you need to stop looking at things from a party political viewpoint...look at the whole picture.

My interest in politics isnt about which party is better...my interest is in why each party have behave like they have done when in power. If you study this you start to see the bigger picture....you will realise that party politics can never ever work effectively.

FruitBooTeR

6th May 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people really have a war against Labour on here! I'm not sure weather they're blind and fail to see what happened in the past or weather they just think they're Middle Class and want to fit in with their stuck up posh mates with there 4/5 bedroom houses and BMW's.

To put it simply Thatcher ruined this country and believe it or not, aside from a few stupid decisions Labour has made they really did help get Britain out of Thatcher's mess. People are quick to hate Labour but if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have things like the national minimum wage, students going to university (the ones who don't get spoon feed by their Tory Arse Licking Parents) the bloody NHS.

If Conservatives get in I dread to think what will happen.

Daimo B

6th May 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Some people really have a war against Labour on here! I'm not sure weather they're blind and fail to see what happened in the past or weather they just think they're Middle Class and want to fit in with their stuck up posh mates with there 4/5 bedroom houses and BMW's.

To put it simply Thatcher ruined this country and believe it or not, aside from a few stupid decisions Labour has made they really did help get Britain out of Thatcher's mess. People are quick to hate Labour but if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have things like the national minimum wage, students going to university (the ones who don't get spoon feed by their Tory Arse Licking Parents) the bloody NHS.

If Conservatives get in I dread to think what will happen.

#
No, Thatcher sold a lot of failing companies to clear the UK debt that LABOUR put us into in the first place.

20 years later, labour have put us in debt again. Whoever comes in has to clear it up again.

Thatcher got us OUT of the mess that labour put us in. The downfall was a few thousand people lost their jobs which caused uproar and the press went to town on it.

Thatcher was an excellent prime minister. She got jobs done, opposed to fannying around and imposing things which look good to the outside but resolve nothing.

NHS is at its worst state for a long time. If you know anyone who works in the NHS who isn't a doctor/nurse and actuall deals with finances you'd see it.

Students, aye becuase students are the future arn't they Because people who have fancy degree's always go far in life, and its not really only a tiny percentage who actually utilise their degree's to get into a good role.

IMO, if you want to be at home being a dosser, do that. Just don't expect those of us who DO work to pay for your comfy lifestyles. Anyone you see these days on the dole somehow still wear designer clothes, have flatscreen TV's and such. How?

Steve
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as daimo said
Nath

6th May 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find myself agreeing with Daimo
Steve
Premium Member

6th May 10 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps students are cunts
Daimo B

6th May 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I find myself agreeing with Daimo

You've said this a lot recently

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who wont be voting in the election? 22 database queries in 0.0196989 seconds