corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Following on from the ST vs VXR thread

Poll: Following on from the ST vs VXR thread
  Astra VXR
  Focus ST
  Leon Cupra K1
  Mazda 3 MPS
  Robin is gay
  Other

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Following on from the ST vs VXR thread
Marc

User status: Offline
21st May 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mazda, Graham88's looks
3CorsaMeal

21st May 10 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
why? are you saying everyone that has done these mod's are not getting the figures?

they are massively restricted from the factory.

think about it, a 2.5L turbo 5 cylinder lump only producing 225bhp from factory? they need to be reliable so they restrict them for the mass market.

aftermarket companies had a problem a while back with the liners cracking on focus st's with new hybrid turbo's running 350bhp iirc, but it's sorted now.

so to own a 350bhp focus how much would you of had to spend, buying it, then modding it.

Then you loose half your money when you sell it, and start again with the debt and credit cards for another new car that will loose you even more money.

i just don't see the point when most people in this situation can't really afford it, and only doing it because other people online do and you end up with a ten a penny car that will be superceeded within a year.

i just don't buy into all this pub talk about cars, people seem more interested in being fans of BHP over anything else.

Also i've mistaken Eck for Big Eck and thought he already had a nice Evo
nathy_87

21st May 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Mazda, Graham88's looks

That's who's it is. Red/Black MPS?
Ben G

21st May 10 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it's money down the drain that you won't see back, but it's the same if you modify you car styling wise, you could also say whats the point as you won't see the money back.

the modifying industry is worth shit loads of money, billions each year.

you need to have some fun with your money, even if you do lose it in the end.

a different example. a guy goes out and spends £200,000 on an aston martin. in a couple years it'll only be worth half that, what's the point? he could've bought a 2 year old one and saved £200k...

i agree with you, but there must be a point to everything or no one would ever do it.

[Edited on 21-05-2010 by Ben G]
Eck
Premium Member

21st May 10 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My excuse is its better than buying drugs!! Re; most tuneable... I'd say the k1!! Over 300 brake for not much money!
Daimo B

21st May 10 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a cheap car

And a bike.

Simplez
Eck
Premium Member

21st May 10 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a nice car, and the bike too
Robin
Premium Member

21st May 10 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck
Premium Member

21st May 10 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, Marriott?

[Edited on 21-05-2010 by Eck]
Robin
Premium Member

21st May 10 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love you x
Ben G

21st May 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
My excuse is its better than buying drugs!!

Very true, i always say this when people asked why i wasted money buying a new st.
Eck
Premium Member

21st May 10 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Love you x

I was expecting shit for not getting something old, or rwd, or a v8... or all three!
Fro

21st May 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill throw the RWD stick your way

buy an import 350z (circa 7k ish) and s/c it (another 7k ish) and you have a 350-400 bhp V6, through the rear

But out of your options i would probably go with the astra as i prefer the looks, but the ST's i think sound better.
Eck
Premium Member

21st May 10 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7k to supercharge one :/ that's steep but rwd would be fun but shell would die. If her life didn't matter I'd be getting a cerbera.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Following on from the ST vs VXR thread 22 database queries in 0.0173979 seconds