corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My off at Nurburgring, pics

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My off at Nurburgring, pics
Graham88

User status: Offline
26th May 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Ben said, lol
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was it back end went under braking, or just lifting?

Maybe better to get the repair done with a deal because of the colour
Colin

26th May 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats been one expensive weekend!!
AK

26th May 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still dont get it why you all spend so much money going to the ring

It costs a fair bit to get there, to stay, to get on track. You cant push the car as there is too much traffic (from what I've seen on vids etc)... a lot of the folk are there have no idea about driving at speed... the repair bills for armco seem completly unreasonable.

You could do a lot more of the UK tracks (tracks you havent done yet) for the same cost and not have to pay for the barriers

Only real upside I see is the 'holiday' feeling.

If I lived closer to a form of channel crossing I may consider it differently but 600miles just to get to dover is interesting, not to mention expensive.

Never say never though

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by AK]
CORSA NUT

26th May 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham

WTF mate
Pop

26th May 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to see the damage. What did the repairers say about a colour match?

I remember when I sold Mazdas we put a different bumper on an MX-5 in the same colour and it was a right arse to match. The other thing with true red is that it's so bright when new but fades a bit fairly quickly.

Hopefully you'll have it all sorted soon enough.
Paul_J

26th May 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK if you go with a good group of people, it's all about the banter, the evening meals, the getting pissed up etc.

The track is the common ground that everyone in about a 50 mile radius of the track has in common. They are all there for the same reason, they will all experience the same thing and most will have a story to tell over dinner.

- That is the key reason people go there. To 'tackle' something thats known to be dangerous, scare themselves, have some fun and come back alive to tell the tale.

- I've done uk track days and despite being 'fun' from a driving point of view, there's not much else there.

You get up early, drive to the track, meet up with some friends, have some banter, drive round all day and then go home.

Not to mention an all day track day somewhere is a lot more wearing on your car than doing laps on the ring! I've needed new sets of tyres after doing a full track day before - but at the ring the tyres barely look touched (because its fast paced sweepers).

Seriously AK, with the money you have, I think you should hop on a ferry with daimo and go there! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!
AK

26th May 10 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only car i'd consider doing it in would be the 911.

I think I'd rather do Spa!

Trackdays in the UK are an overnight affair for us too. We prob have to travel further to a lot of UK tracks than you do to get the ring.

Maybe just fly over, and hire a car
Graham88

26th May 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
What was it back end went under braking, or just lifting?

Maybe better to get the repair done with a deal because of the colour

Tbh mate it happened so damn quickly I can't even remember what actually happened. All I know is it happened along time before the corner and a fair bit after the crest of the hill, just had no warning of anything being out of shape. On my next few laps I got proggresively faster through that section and was touching on 140mph at that bit, considerably faster than when I crashed, yet the car was still planted, a very strange experience to say the least and an unfortunate one at that.

Nobody has mentioned the colour being a problem, being a 2 year old car the paint is still quite fresh so shouldn't have faded, I hope.

Honestly AK is one of those things you have to do at least once, it's amazing. I have done a few trackdays but this is just a completely different league! And as you say there is the holiday factor to is aswell!

I will get a few quotes together and go from there, aslong as it comes back looking normal without costing the earth I couldn't care less how it's done.
corsadonk
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up set the ESP then
Graham88

26th May 10 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have ESP, only DSC, and it was off
Paul_J

26th May 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
The only car i'd consider doing it in would be the 911.

I think I'd rather do Spa!

Trackdays in the UK are an overnight affair for us too. We prob have to travel further to a lot of UK tracks than you do to get the ring.

Maybe just fly over, and hire a car

yeh! It is a long long way for you . Only about ~320 miles to the ring for me.

Flying and renting may not be a bad idea, rsr and ring racer do rentals like clios, r26rs, porsche gt3 rs's etc.

If you did drive you could do spa too. But ultimately I recommend going with a group who have been before. If you go and keep yourself to yourself you won't enjoy it as much, but if you go and get involved, talk to randoms, go explore the area and spectating spots in the middle of the Forrest then it's a good laugh
AK

26th May 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are 950miles ONE way

quote:
But ultimately I recommend going with a group who have been before. If you go and keep yourself to yourself you won't enjoy it as much, but if you go and get involved, talk to randoms, go explore the area and spectating spots in the middle of the Forrest then it's a good laugh

Most UK trackdays are like that too..
deano87

26th May 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
crash like that on the open road and i bet the damages would be far worse. Banned for speeding and dangerous driving etc to go with it. Its just an unfortunate thing to happen. Your attitude towards it is spot on graham. Gutted for your wallet but i bet you had fun.
Graham88

26th May 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did 950 miles in total all weekend, not bad tbh.
MarkM

26th May 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's only money. You're still alive and considering there was fatalities over the weekend you can't complain.
Graham88

26th May 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly
Adam-D

26th May 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i go for a nice holiday. quiet. relax. and do a few laps. nothing mad fast. last time i did 6 laps. and had a couple of moments. lol

but its the whole experience. love'd it.
big eck

26th May 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMFG

I'm proper gutted for you graham pal, thats the reason I would NEVER track my car on the ring. All it takes is on small mistake to cost you a fortune, at least your ok but its a shame the cars a right mess
pow
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh check out the people on their high horse again

Gutted for you Graham but, on the other hand, there are the plus points to crashing there!

Hope you get the car sorted and back on the road again!
antnee

26th May 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by antnee
I don't get that at all, how would someone 'find' photos of a particular car on track? And TBH, the vast majority of people on track days are well into their cars so will be looked after with no expense spared, so I would have no problem buying one

Take it from me and my past experience, somebody put a deposit on my old car, found pictures of it on track and backed out, despite me saying what you just said, that it was highly maintained whatever the cost, it put him off

Ah right, he was probably one of those people that are scared of high mileage cars too!
Ben G

26th May 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't buy a car with high mileage, doesn't mean i'm scared of it, just prefer cars with lower mileage.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky mate but you seem to have the right attitude towards it, I'd love to go but I need to know I've got a safety net first incase the worst does happen. End of the day if you drive on track, there's risks. As long as you're prepared for that then it's all good.

Liking the stickers too
flybikeslee

26th May 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

antnee

26th May 10 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i wouldn't buy a car with high mileage, doesn't mean i'm scared of it, just prefer cars with lower mileage.

I prefer low mileage cars too, but some people see high mileage cars and think its going to be a bag of nails. Yet most are pretty good. Good example is mine and my dads cars, he has a Fabia VRS, I have an Ibiza Sport, essentially the same cars, his is 3 years newer but has 30-40k more than mine, yet his is better conidition

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My off at Nurburgring, pics 22 database queries in 0.1750228 seconds