corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bikers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bikers
Daimo B

User status: Offline
26th May 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eh?

Its silly not to go out with all my protective gear on?

What you smoking fella? Anyone who goes out in jeans/t-shirts deserve to come off IMO, make them realise WHY we wear the kit. Skin burns an inch per second

Monday - Stupid hot, went outside, sweating, had to get fuel, drenched in sweat. Did i remove kit, like f**k.

I can't wear my textiles on my sportbike, it gives me a mental block, I don't feel safe.
a_j_mair

26th May 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read what you said
Jay

26th May 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Eh?

Its silly not to go out with all my protective gear on?

You made a typo, you said you never go out fully geared up

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by Jay]
Neo

26th May 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
I've had some bloke do that right next to me, totally the bikers fault.

As for Van driver, whilst the biker shouldn't have gone up the inside, the van driver should not be stopping on a road.

Filtering, honestly, no-one can comment on this until they have done it. But jeans n t-shirt, well, no sympathy. Sounds like a cock. I never go out fully geared up, ever!!!!

Cycling incident, if your indicating then your fully legal to pull out and imo its the bikers fault.

tbh, i don't know anyone who shakes their head because you haven't moved. Thats stupid, your have as much right to the road as we do. Its OUR responsibility to get around the obstruction/cage, not yours to move out the way. We should only pass when safe, and the amount of bikers that don't indicate as they do this really really winds me up. Like car drivers, it takes a mear second to flick the switch.

Never said otherwise, in fact I said a lot of bikers ride like tits, in which case no sympathy.

Riding experience - 8 years commuting to central london every day, riding motorcyles since I was 6, and 10 years road riding now.

I still learn something new every day, any biker who thinks they are gods gift will soon go down, and hard.

Thanks for a genuine reply.

We've had the discussion of filtering before where someone took my wing mirror with them, but as i've never done it, I can only speculate that doing it well over the speed limit when other cars are doing 10/15 under is dangerous.

You say "Cycling incident, if your indicating then your fully legal to pull out and imo its the bikers fault", If I had done just that however, I can imagine he would have come through my rear screen at the pace he was going, so even though fully entitled and legally able to move, when dealing with a biker you have to be cautious as one knock and it could be came over.

The head shaking I'll record one day, set a camera up, I usually get it once or twice a week, and most the time have no clue why, moved over slightly to help or just by abiding high way code, somehow its wrong. Must be a north essex thing
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really should post up one of my videos home (I wear a camera in my crash helmet).

You lot would be on a right moan/bitch fest, but also, you'd see also how much sh1t we have to deal with from twat head drivers too

Its horses for corses. Theres a lot of awful drivers out there as well as awful riders. You don't need skill to pass a bike test and go out and get a bike that'll do 180+mph.

Thats why im all for the test change to make it much harder. Improves basic skills that all bikers should have (reaction braking, swearve manuouver etc).

I ride my bikes hard, but theres a time and place. Going past on one wheel @ 12000rpm in 2nd in rush hour will do you no favours. Plus also, I think about the aspect of, "if I ride like a tit on my work bike, the same people see me every day and doens't take much to report me"

At the weekend, IF the road is ok, i'll ride fast, but not fast enough for knee down action. You jsut don't know whats around that next bend.

Track days ftw!!!!!

aj - ha ha ha I like riding naked with my balls the size of peanuts.

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by VXR]
mwg

26th May 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I aim for bikers and have a point scoring system based on the severity of the contact between us ranging from a slight clip to full on shunting off the road.
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man your cool.

Is this internet cool points your after in front of your peers?

Or are you just billy bullsh1tting, trying to look cool, and funny, but failed with a seriously piss poor joke?

the latter Least make it funny and not jsut lame
mwg

26th May 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm running a table for e-points too. I'm winning but your looking at relegation.
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats about right tbh, im a loner with no friends and no internet coolness.

But hold up, becuase im not trying for IE coolness, that instantly makes me cool, for not trying to be cool, or think what others think, which makes me cool.

Im so confused. Can I buy coolness?
JordanR

26th May 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever I am on the motorway and I see a bike.....its always weaving between cars and lanes
Nath

26th May 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus, mwg can I borrow your fishing rod?
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordanR
Whenever I am on the motorway and I see a bike.....its always weaving between cars and lanes

And?

Filtering is LEGAL. They are allowed to.
JordanR

26th May 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And?

Filtering is LEGAL. They are allowed to.

So undertaking is legal? Thought not....
mwg

26th May 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Jesus, mwg can I borrow your fishing rod?

Feel free if you think you can handle it
adiohead

26th May 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

article on filtering:

http://www.survivalskills.clara.net/riding_skills_20.htm
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordanR

So undertaking is legal? Thought not....

So you've never gone over the speed limit.

OK for 1 thing for you, but not for someone else yeah?

Its a grey area, but legal. Still, i'll take CSport advice from non riders over a bikesafe training police officer
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
article on filtering:

http://www.survivalskills.clara.net/riding_skills_20.htm

Good little guide that. Sticks to my methods of around 10-20mph faster than traffic flow. Also points out about 1 lane stopping and just waiting for someone to pull out on you as tehy try to "jump" lanes
N3CRO

26th May 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be too scared to go that fast on a bike!
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like anything, it takes getting used to.

I used to think my 70bhp bike was pretty bloody fast when I got it. Here I am on a 120bhp machine now and already fully to grips with the power. The 70bhp bike seems extremly slow now
SportBoy

26th May 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nobody should be on the road but me your all wank!
CORSA NUT

26th May 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I'm disappointed. All that writing and not a single condescending ' '

mattk

27th May 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
You driven on the roads recently.

I never said just bikers

As a biker, wearing jsut leathers, im fully aware im one of the most vunerable people on the road. Your dad and his "mates" must be right biker chavs to give you this impression as no bikers I know have this attitude. We're the ones at risk.

Also, sitting in your car, your not at a higher level of sight, so no you don't have the vision that a biker does. A van driver has a closer vision range than a car driver, your sitting too low to see so how can you see what a biker does

Yes the last time I drove on the road incidently was 10 mins ago, funny you should ask

you may feel vunerable and I dont blame you, but the truth is I dont want to hit you as much as you dont want to get hit, so I am at a high level of concentration too, not because I know that if I get hit it will hurt but because I dont want to hit anything, both different things, but they demand the same level of concentration

my dad is far from a biker chav, he rides a fully faired 1200 bandit with a top box on it
Daimo B

27th May 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well im afraid you and me are in a minority of drivers who actually are aware of everything they are doing Lane discipline etc.

Msot drivers arn't, they jsut think they are... "so why was you sat in the middle lane, or why did you use that roundabout as a chicane when I was in the lane next to you forcing me to hit the brakes" But no no, they are right

I ride a Bandit 650 with topbox, although mostly without the topbox Great work hack.

1200 is a torquey beast, great budget cruiser in the revised 1250 spec.

Im still tempted to do a running commentary of a trip home one day
lostboy
Banned

27th May 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A workmates son came off his bike the other day (only a scooter as he's 16/17) and was only wearing a t-shirt and trousers (obviously had a helmet on) and even at 30 MPH it took alot of skin off him (lesson learned he says).

Some other workmates (women) were saying they would never let their sons/husbands buy a bike as they're dangerous, that pissed me off a little bit as there isn't anything dangerous about bikes.

The dangers are the stupid car drivers who never look out for bikes or expect to see a bike, or as that ad that was run for a while, think bike and just pull out of a junction without looking properly. Bikes are safe if you respect the road and if stupid bastards would actually think about looking for bikes, granted some bikers do push the limits too far.
Daimo B

27th May 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bike will only go as fast as you twist the throttle.

I don't always blame car drivers. As said there are MANY bad bikers, mainly weekend warriors who only come out on dry summer days. I also call these people pussies or fake men Real men ride in ANY weather

But generally, I find myself giving the "bird" or "oil tanker" sign to car drivers

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bikers 22 database queries in 0.1846240 seconds