corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rafa breaking on SSN

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rafa breaking on SSN
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 10 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing I can think of is he has something like 4/5 years doesn't he?

Incoming teams are unlikely to commit to that, so even if Liverpool say 'have him' he may be a greedy cunt due to job security?
John G

2nd Jun 10 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently he's entitled to 18mil, they've offered him 3mill, he said he would take 8. It all kicked off in a meeting when they said he has 5mill to spend and he cant have any of the money he brings in from sales. He spoke to Inter, Liverpool got wind of it, decided to terminate the contract and are now discussing the pay off with him. Thats what I hear from a couple of people in there.
Cosmo

3rd Jun 10 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well he is on holiday at the moment so these meetings with Liverpool obviously haven't happened!!!
Nath

3rd Jun 10 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SSN Breaking News is that he'll be off in the next 48hrs.
Cosmo

3rd Jun 10 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't that basically what they've been saying anyway? Just mixed it up a bit as they've really got no new info!!
mwg

3rd Jun 10 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
It all kicked off in a meeting when they said he has 5mill to spend and he cant have any of the money he brings in from sales.

Only giving him £5m to spend is shocking! But any new manager is going to be in exactly the same situation...
Rick Draper

3rd Jun 10 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Well he is on holiday at the moment so these meetings with Liverpool obviously haven't happened!!!

Was a conference call and they notified him he had lost a vote of confidence. TBH they should keep him, best thing thats ever happened to them.
Rick Draper

3rd Jun 10 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
It all kicked off in a meeting when they said he has 5mill to spend and he cant have any of the money he brings in from sales.

Only giving him £5m to spend is shocking! But any new manager is going to be in exactly the same situation...

Would you trust the fat spanish waiter to spend more than £5m. Aqualani is all i need to say....
mwg

3rd Jun 10 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:

Was a conference call and they notified him he had lost a vote of confidence. TBH they should keep him, best thing thats ever happened to them.

Its not going to matter if they keep him or not if they only have £5m to spend, they're screwed

[Edited on 03-06-2010 by mwg]
Cosmo

3rd Jun 10 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Would you trust the fat spanish waiter to spend more than £5m. Aqualani is all i need to say....

torres, Johnson, mascherano - all big money signings.

And aquilani is a shite example to give as impossible to judge him off one injured season. Judge him after next to see if he was worth the money.
Rick Draper

3rd Jun 10 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

torres, Johnson, mascherano - all big money signings.

And aquilani is a shite example to give as impossible to judge him off one injured season. Judge him after next to see if he was worth the money.

Aqualani is a great example, injury prone and yet still paid £20M for him. Also Keane can be in the mix as well. O and I would not say Johnson is now worth anymore than the day he bought him. Mascherano was a gamble but was proven talent that WH tried to ruin.
Robbo

3rd Jun 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO - they are looking to off him in the easiest way all round, he wil lget another job no problems, in fact i think he'd do really well in Italy, and so are offering him an in between to the huge amount if he was sacked so they can both aprt ways. I get the feelign that they may then sell some of the players to raise funds BEFORE gettign anyone in, they wont be able to get a decent manager if they say soon as you come in we are selling the best players (not all obv, but maybe say torres or mascherano and gerrard etc). That way they can have some funds for the new manager to strengthen and start afresh
Nath

3rd Jun 10 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MON to Liverpool.
Robbo

3rd Jun 10 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I reckon so, Masch and maybe Torres sold to maximise sales, some re-invested to sign several players and some retained perhaps
Nath

3rd Jun 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not if the magical investment fairy comes in with £1bn to save them.

[Edited on 03-06-2010 by Nath]
Robbo

3rd Jun 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fail to see who, if anyone, woudl spend the £600-800m quoted - even silly rich Arabs although the history aspect I'm sure would help attarct them

I really dont get how theyve ended up with more debt now than we have, ok so they bought some expensive players but also made a few big sales also
Tom

3rd Jun 10 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shitty state of affairs, personally I think the board (which is made up essentially of a load of bankers) want rid of benitez for as little as possible as they know he won't stand for letting big players go, where-as the only manager we could attract will quite happily be a yes man and be able to use last season as an excuse for finishing mid table.

Purslow has turned out to be a slimey fucker, and I wouldn't be suprised if broughton was paving the way for torres to chelski. I wanted rafa to stay for the good of the squad more than anything, now it looks like he's off, probably followed by gerrard to Madrid and i'm sure others will follow if this all goes on.

Let this be a lesson to all those fans who don't take a strong enough interest in potential new owners, we have been royally screwed over by a bunch of untrustworthy, unscrupulous fuckers who haven't used a penny of their own money and are still trying to pummel the club for all it's worth before they finally loosen their grip and sell to someone else.

I honestly think we are fucked if he goes, fair enough some new manager might come in and have a honey moon spell but in the long term we are fucked.
Tom

3rd Jun 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Fail to see who, if anyone, woudl spend the £600-800m quoted - even silly rich Arabs although the history aspect I'm sure would help attarct them

I really dont get how theyve ended up with more debt now than we have, ok so they bought some expensive players but also made a few big sales also

It's pretty simple really, the owners haven't got a clue and have never put a penny of their own money in, infact as well as putting their initial debt (that they used to buy the club) straight back on to the club, they have loaned some of their own money (for a very healthy return) to Kop Holdings to 'buy new players'. They have also made MP's look like saints with their rates of 'expenses. I wouldn't care if we finished 17th next season as long as they get out and someone responsible comes in.
Marc

3rd Jun 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given whats gone on at United, who would think it would be Liverpool who all this happens to! Go back to 2006 and I'm pretty sure a dress wearing clown was predicting all this for us!

I'm not saying all is rosey ay United, we still have the debt and disgruntled fans, but since they took over the club has continued as before and players have been signed. This season was a washout, but we still got a trophy.

We lost Ronaldo, was always going to happen, but you guys losing Gerrard would be like us losing Rooney now.
Marc

3rd Jun 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom

3rd Jun 10 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but Marc you are failing to see the aforementioned bigger picture. How much room have you got for growth in a commercial sense? How many ronaldo's do you have to sell per year to balance the books. The Glazers may have a plan but it's long long long term to pay off all of that money and lots can happen off the pitch to change how the massive debt you have is structured. I'm not saying anything necessarily will happen but having that much debt that you are barely servicing isn't a good thing, have you not noticed the green and yellow scarves at old trafford (a handful of the people waving those might have actually looked at the finances and realised how uncertain your future is).

Regarding your last point, and as i've said earlier in the thread, i'm more interested in the ownership at the moment, the playing staff and the rest of it can take a back seat for a while for all I care (short term). Carry on reading your transfer gossip and ignoring what's happening behind the scenes, it'll come back and bite you in the ass one day

[Edited on 03-06-2010 by Tom]
Tom

3rd Jun 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inter Milan always chase incompetent managers, champions league winning managers indeed. All these people who think rafa's shit need to wake up, to coin a phrase used a lot lately (correctly), he's been trying to manage the team with one hand tied behind his back.
mwg

3rd Jun 10 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We'll be right. Wont happen to us. Too big for it to get that bad.
Marc

3rd Jun 10 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
have you not noticed the green and yellow scarves at old trafford (a handful of the people waving those might have actually looked at the finances and realised how uncertain your future is).

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I'm not saying all is rosey ay United, we still have the debt and disgruntled fans

I'm aware of the protest, I'm a member of MUST, get the newsletter every 5 minutes. The problem with the protest is, as Gill has already said, only a handful understand why they are wearing those colours. For a large portion of fans they think its just the latest thing thats going around OT.
Tom

3rd Jun 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the same Gill who said that the protest will 'fade away' about 24 hours earlier to saying that? Not that it's relevent but I find it quite amusing that you'd quote him (is he the man who's opinion you should be listening to :boogle: )... but yes it takes time and triggers for fans to get to grips with things they aren't used to having to do.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rafa breaking on SSN 23 database queries in 0.0164700 seconds