corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drink drive limit

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drink drive limit
mwg

User status: Offline
16th Jun 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Not sure if this has been said, but I reckon it will affect a lot of country pubs.

Good point.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

16th Jun 10 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
if im driving then i never drink at all, i only drink to get drunk binge drinker

What about the morning though....how will you know for sure that there is no alcohol in your system at all??

I can hazard an educated guess as to when i'll be ok just now.......if they make it zero tollerence though im not sure I could.

Would to be worth going out on the Fri night if you need to pop into work on the Sat afternoon??

I just think its all a bag of shit tbh, the people that come up with these rules dont live in the real work & dont have a fucking clue!!

yeah the morning thing is a problem tbh so yes it would be shit.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
ed

16th Jun 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't have a limit of zero because naturally there is always a small amount of alcohol in your blood.
Paul_J

16th Jun 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Benji D
Just out of interest paul what "light weight drugs" are you reffering too, some people may think you lost any credibility by trying to legalize the hash there you big hippy

Heroin?
fir3vip3r

16th Jun 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think its a law that can be blanketed with a set level.

As touched on in this thread, everybody's body takes to alcohol differently. Ive spoken to people who can barely stand yet are under the limit and Ive spoken to coherent people who are aware of there surroundings are well over.

I feel punsihments should be harsher, then people would think twice about drinking at all, risking being over!
oceansoul

16th Jun 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not read this thread...cba at the mo.

But i think it should be brought in line with the EU drink drive limit. Its a stupidly low limit, but not zero. I think making it zero is just silly.
jonnysri

16th Jun 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
It should be zero, one or the other. Drink OR drive.

exactly

close thread
mattk

16th Jun 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colin

16th Jun 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jonnysri
quote:
It should be zero, one or the other. Drink OR drive.

exactly

close thread

I agree, its bloody hard to multi task & do more than one thing at once.

Still nothing wrong with having a pint THEN driving though, nothing wrong at all!!
Brett
Premium Member

16th Jun 10 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree, should be zero.
Adam_B

16th Jun 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with how it is now. Penaltys should be much tougher though for people who are proper smashed.

[Edited on 16-06-2010 by Adam_B]
N3CRO

16th Jun 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I dont think theres anything wrong with the current system at all.
ed

16th Jun 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it works well too. You can be done if you're over the limit, you can get done if you're drunk and under the limit. You can have a glass of wine/pint with your lunch and then drive home and not cause anyone any hassle. It's all about being grown up and sensible.
N3CRO

16th Jun 10 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It's all about being grown up and sensible.

Nail on head
noshua

16th Jun 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should just do this, although with the current limit:

He also recommends that the current mandatory 12-month driving ban should be maintained for the new 50mg limit.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Jun 10 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Speak to someone who's lost a relative/friend to a drink driver and you may change your views.
And while you're there, ask them whether said drink driver had drunk a pint with his dinner and driven sensibly or whether he was clearly pissed and openly flouting the system while driving without consideration for others?

My guess - and it's not substantiated with figures - is that drink drive deaths are predominantly caused by people who are somewhat over the limit and that a reduction of the limit to below 80mg wouldn't even apply to them as they're already over the limit according to the old limit, never mind the new one.

I also question the figures in the article that you can reduce deaths by enforcing the limits - surely you only find out about this after they've already crashed? Means you can more harshly punish people who have been in accidents - but saving lives? Perhaps too late.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Jun 10 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The point of that comment was to point out why I'm so against drinking even one pint whilst driving. I just don't think the 2 should ever be mixed. One pint or ten.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 10 at 23:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
you might not look quite as cool though.

They gave 2 people 4 pints each.
Firstly what are you on about, looking cool. I don't choose what i drink to look cool?

If I want Coke, I'll get Coke. If I want beer, I'll get beer. Depends what I want, not what I feel I should buy. Where do you dream this up.

Secondly we're not talking about 4 pints here. 4 pints would put you, in most real-life situations, quite far over.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 10 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd like to know the figures for accidents of people who have just had 1 pint then drove actually
I've never seen these quoted and if I was being cynical I would say it's because you could attribute accidents to other factors and it wouldn't support the draconian policies.

Doing the speed limit while sober is as dangerous if you're not paying attention.

Sadly there is no attentiveness test that you can use to spin money or win votes.

[Edited on 16-06-2010 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 10 at 23:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if you believe one pint has no effect on the human body your dillusional
I agree with you - I just think in context the affect that it has is comparable to other factors. Being tired as a case-in-point. Equally dangerous but not enforced.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 10 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what if an 18 year old who has no tolerance for alcohol has a pint and then drives home
He will crash because he's 18.
mattk

16th Jun 10 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

summat got my goat about this before on the 6 o clock news...

typical woman, sat in her living room with a picture of her daughter that was killed by a drink driver that was 3 TIMES over the limit, she predicably says she welcomes the reduction of the drink drive limit

what aload of fucking bollocks

did that drink driver being 3 times over the limit for one second consider what the limit was, Im willing to guess he didnt think at all

the only thing it would have changed in this womans case is that the person that killed her daughter would have been 6 times over the limit and not 3
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Jun 10 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
the person that killed her daughter would have been 6 times over the limit and not 3

That's a far better headline, it makes sense now

Andrew

17th Jun 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen a bit of this one the news earlier.

Drinking after a pint i'm fine but drinking the day after is quite scary. I know i'm not as confident and reactive as i would be normally. Worries me that if i actually was pulled over i'd be screwed if i had to take a breath test. If they had coppers out doing these tests on a Saturday morning a lot of people would be facing a ban imo.

I won't drink when i have to drive the next day anymore, not worth the risks.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jun 10 at 07:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The review was commissioned by Labour and it is not certain that the new government will adopt its findings.

conservatives wont be up for this

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drink drive limit 23 database queries in 0.0134690 seconds