corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regional Groups

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Regional Groups
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jun 10 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm happy to help, but only if Ian thinks I'm up to the job!
I think you do alright mate, the current thread seems to be going alright
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I tried to organise a karting day, tons of people said they would go but as soon as it came to parting with cash no one piped up so it got cancelled.
That's a national problem tbh mate, I tried to sort an RR day last year, even got it booked and had a list of 10+ people who wanted to do it, then when I got a thread up to get deposits and that, nobody wanted to know. I even sent some u2u's out and I don't think I got any replies.

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
half the problem i bet in going to a meet is that you know nobody there. and lets be honest, nobody wants to be the odd one out sat in the corner on their own.

Thats true.
I barely knew any of the people myself, i only knew Scott through friends, and now i'm friends with Adam, Coughtrie, Hastings and a few other members, but then again i'm not really a shy person i'd talk to a brick wall if it had an interest in cars.

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by Archie]
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What could we do to sort that Danny?

Not a lot I don't think except keep trying I suppose, we're having another RR day around August but again, it's too far for the northern members to comedown for so it'll be attended by Glasgow, Fife, Dundee folk etc etc. I don't mind doing it at all. It's good to get everyone together.

My thinking is that now, people wan't to do something rather than just meet up in Maccies car park and compare penises that's why I wan't to go Karting or paint balling, because it gives us something to do.
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
half the problem i bet in going to a meet is that you know nobody there. and lets be honest, nobody wants to be the odd one out sat in the corner on their own.

I didn't know anyone the first time I met folk off here, apart from talking on here that is. I just got on with it and made myself known, wen't up talking to folk etc etc and everyone was cool, everyone got along just fine.

Callum

21st Jun 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Adam - am4nf told me there was a meet in july but its when im on holiday, I think there needs to be more meets - say 2 a month and hopefully most people will have time to plan ahead for atleast one, ive seen Archie and Am4nf have arranged meets and think they would be pretty good for organising (obviously if they had time)
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What could we do to sort that Danny?

I know circumstances change and a lot of the older members have started to move onto other things, the current RO's havent been online much/if at all this year.
imo it wouldn't hurt having a couple of more active members giving it a shot, one from nottingham area and one northants for example two ends of the region, we could try drumming up our local interest and then get a bigger more central meet organised from that.

Give the EM region a bit of a clear up from old topics and get a more upto date set of 'stickied' threads with region details & current active members, local services etc.

As for us that currently meet up we need to apply it to the region instead of organising across facebook/text alone to try and encourage a few new faces to turn up

Just a few ideas Hopefully we'll have some more input from other EM members/current RO's

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What if everyone stuck to first Sunday? Would that make attendance easier? Or is that part of the problem?
In my experience it is very hard to find a day that the majority of people can make. The tactic I came up with in the end was have a date set from the beginning, before even posting the thread. If on the rare occasion virtually nobody can come, then it could be a week or two later if it would be better.

I tried a couple of times to get suggestions for date and in the end had to just pick one myself

Plus another problem is you need to get a series of meets going, that way they'll get bigger as more people will want to go after each one.

Another problem I found, which might just be SC, is that you had to get the thread up plenty of time in advance as not many people don't go in the regional forum that often. This kind of links in to my last point in that you need to get a thread up for the next meet within a few days of having the last one as people's interest will still be there.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Conway563

21st Jun 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

South west is shite and has been pretty much the whole time I've been on here. Main problem as far as I can see is all the previous active members have moved on from corsas and left us with Doyle
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
Give the EM region a bit of a clear up from old topics and get a more upto date set of 'stickied' threads with region details & current active members, local services etc.
That's a good point actually, the reginonal group forums would be a lot more useful if there were things like this in it. I think all SC has is a thread for Refined Detail.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
AlexW

21st Jun 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joint meets with other forums wouldnt be such a bad idea, I know south est PNG did one joint with MIG, that turned out well, maybe drum up some interest on PNG, mig and the like.

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by AW06]
Archie
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Callum
I think Adam - am4nf told me there was a meet in july but its when im on holiday, I think there needs to be more meets - say 2 a month and hopefully most people will have time to plan ahead for atleast one, ive seen Archie and Am4nf have arranged meets and think they would be pretty good for organising (obviously if they had time)

Adam is pussy whipped, i've never seen him at a show or cruise in the whole time i've known him.

So if Adams going to be organising Scotland we should get his mrs on to pass things with her first.
connollygt30

21st Jun 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
quote:

Adam is pussy whipped, i've never seen him at a show or cruise in the whole time i've known him.

So if Adams going to be organising Scotland we should get his mrs on to pass things with her first.

Or if everyone wants it to constantly be in ayr
Nic Barnes

21st Jun 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I didn't know anyone the first time I met folk off here, apart from talking on here that is. I just got on with it and made myself known, wen't up talking to folk etc etc and everyone was cool, everyone got along just fine.

well yeah i spend a lot of time talking to random folk at crail its no big deal. some people i would imagine find it quite difficult to get amongst it if others are hanging around in groups.

i will try my 99% hardest to make a scotland meet soon for something to do.
John

21st Jun 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
quote:
quote:

Ayr is a pita from Glasgow, 50mph average speed cameras and it's a shithole.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The first Sunday has always seemed to work for us. Things have dropped off recently but I don't think the day/time has been the problem.

Now that I'm actually thinking about things, I remember the back end of 07 and beginning of 08. I was out most weekends with members having 'mini-meets' or photoshoots but it was usually other people making plans for them so as they've moved away things have got quieter so maybe some small mid month things could get more interest up.

I think NWNW has suffered from a lack of ownership if you like. Lisa was great, she was loud (in a nice way ) and outgoing and would speak to everyone and make sure they were all involved but now she's not about it's not been the same. I've never been great at approaching new people which means people may have ended up being left out if they're in the same boat but if it means getting the meets back on track and getting the turnouts back to the level they were at then I'll have to open my gob and start talking, surely it can only get easier
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you think I felt, the only English lad there talking to people Everyone was sound though, the Scottish folk I've met are all brilliant people.
Nic Barnes

21st Jun 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How do you think I felt, the only English lad there talking to people Everyone was sound though, the Scottish folk I've met are all brilliant people.

indeed. ive had a few random days of banter with corsaloon and epic hair at crail and also steviet
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually find it hard walking up to new people and saying hi, but once you've identified yourself by your username (which never gets less weird ) there's a brief second whilst they realise who you are, then it's all good and you can start chatting pretty much as if you were on here.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Archie
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
quote:
quote:

Ayr is a pita from Glasgow, 50mph average speed cameras and it's a shithole.

Ayr to Glasgow is only half an hour - 45 minutes, the 5 stretch is a bit of a killer though

Connolly, you would notice that the threads were titled as 'Ayrshire Meets' and not Scottish Meets, just to test the water.

I did say after the last meet my next one would be organised around Strathy park once the shows were by with.

Adams organised the next one in Auchinleck so he can be home to his mrs in 10 minutes if she calls.

I'd rather make a day of it, first ayrshire one i organised got a good attendance, i just didnt want to organise one a travel away and it turn out to be a disaster.

chrisritch

21st Jun 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last time i tried to start a rolling road day for the EM region it fell flat on its arse. would gladly take it on and try and sort it out
Cole

21st Jun 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did bring the subject of lack of organising of eets in the s/e at pvs and i have to say one thing about the se meets im not going to slate the organisers because when we do have a meet they are always good but we havent had one in the se region since january i nknow id dint go or i dont make many of them but thats for one reason they are always 5 mins from where the organisers live the wharf for example how far is that from jr 10 mins or so the other meets ive been to are all uo that way like i said im slating them as they always turn out good but it would be nice if they could come down a little more s/e like to the coast hastings etc
Mark B

21st Jun 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

archie that one you done that me and ryan came down in the diesel bus was a great day,
ProjectNCK

21st Jun 10 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MikeB would get my vote for NW Organiser
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
last time i tried to start a rolling road day for the EM region it fell flat on its arse. would gladly take it on and try and sort it out

Same tbh i've had a bit of luck with photoshoots and meets/pub lunches in the past and i know maberz has organised a couple recently too.

We could try organising a simple meet on a specific day/date each month whichever suits the members. Start once a month so we can put faces to names and try to get to know a few people. I know its a bit difficult getting interest & definates when things cost such as paintball, rolling road etc. etc.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steviet is sound, although he still hasn't give me his mates address so I can send him his 'car of the day' trophy we got him.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regional Groups 23 database queries in 0.0161831 seconds