corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got pulled over for... [Defective Form Pics]

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got pulled over for... [Defective Form Pics]
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
24th Jun 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as far as i am aware its only noise issue. the actual exhaust itself, obviously if its not sticking out a mile etc is irrelevant if it was 30" in size.
GTM

24th Jun 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
I dont see how so many people on here get pulled over?

Ive had my car almost a year, its got a full bodykit, twin exhausts, alloys etc.

Ive never been pulled over (touch wood), i have been followed alot, but i dont drive like a twat (not saying you were) and im insured properly, i dont have a problem

Diffrent areas mate, police round me are sound but in Wales for instance i always get pulled. Standard corsa with astra wheels lowered 40mm, not even that attention grabbing but i always get a pull in Wales.
Graham88

24th Jun 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
That's why I think the OP is talking bollocks. I want to see the vehicle defect form but I expect some bullshit about why he doesn't have it.

Just another person posting crap on the Internet.

You have serious issues.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Jun 10 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

... and have been shown the door on this one.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Non standard exhaust? Every car I've ever owned over a few years old has a non standard exhaust because the standard one normally falls off after a bit.

What about your non standard tyres? Or are you supposed to keep the perished bald ones? Or perhaps he was a concourse judge

probably a member of VBOA
AlexW

24th Jun 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If noise was the issue, why dont it say something along the lines of exhaust excessively loud, not non-standard
span8v

24th Jun 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless the police have a decibel meter with them and recorded how loud it was i would argue the fact of "non standard exhaust" especially as its on your insurance. as for the mot side of things the mot laws and the police laws are completely different it stupid but true
Nath

24th Jun 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LETGSI16V you just got fucking served sonny.
RCoughtrie

24th Jun 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Limecat
Banned

24th Jun 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I think the terminology of the MOT tester is that it shouldn't be excessively load compared to a comparable vehicle.

It's sodding vague though.
Root

24th Jun 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:

I think the terminology of the MOT tester is that it shouldn't be excessively load compared to a comparable vehicle.

It's sodding vague though.

'load' is a real word. LETGSI16V says it. FACT
16vKarlos

24th Jun 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just challenge it matey, the sooner you do, the sooner they recieve it and realise your not stupid and they wont chase you for money they will just be like bollocks to it it doesn't stand a chance in court..

take your own pictures and i would also get a video of your exhaust and take that to court (IF) it goes to court... plus get a MOT place to sound test it.. as for the lights.. that should be 14 days to sort out.

Get on it matey. end of
sand-eel

24th Jun 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why did he measure it
Also I was cutting about in a proper "race" exhaust (pipes instead of backbox) in my bmw and never once got pulled, even with loads of cops around, you must look dodgy.
fusion-corsa

24th Jun 10 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a bigger engine like me lol then they cant catch you to hear the exhaust like what happened to me lmao
.Matt

24th Jun 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DB Tested it at 2K was flickering around 82DB, and i asked a few MOT testers they said legal limit is suppose to be around 90DB, also the MOT tester at Pearce and Batt laughed at what i told him. He said he would often suggest an after market exhaust to a client if they needed a new backbox, cause more appealing and better fit than OEM parts. He said he would of stamped it but i forgot the form....
fir3vip3r

24th Jun 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get the form stamped and return it.
.Matt

15th Jul 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow sorry to bump this guys, after soding about for a few days getting the form stamped i handed it in on 6th of july and now just recieved a letter stating that i have not fixed the problems and now i have to piss ass about and write to them to state that i had fixed the problems myself and it in fact was handed in on time and stamped by a mot station or i get summoned to court.
ste_p23

15th Jul 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest if that was me id get straight down to my Solicitor straight away because it seems like they are taking the piss matey
ajscorsa

15th Jul 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .Matt
Wow sorry to bump this guys, after soding about for a few days getting the form stamped i handed it in on 6th of july and now just recieved a letter stating that i have not fixed the problems and now i have to piss ass about and write to them to state that i had fixed the problems myself and it in fact was handed in on time and stamped by a mot station or i get summoned to court.

id hold all the documents you have saying you got it done and sent on time etc and let them summon you to court, wait and see the abuse the jusge gives the prosecution for allowing it to get to court and wasting money
Gareth F

15th Jul 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rules changed for mots, mot stations can fail any car if it is louder than a car of the same spec in it original form. Meaning if you have anything other than the original exhaust they can do you. Its down to the descretion of the officer/mot station.

UNLESS the exhaust is an optional extra bought from the manufacturers. Sounds bollox but this is what ive been told by mot stations.

Seems like you got unlucky and they were out to get you one way or another.
Mattb

15th Jul 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
The rules changed for mots, mot stations can fail any car if it is louder than a car of the same spec in it original form. Meaning if you have anything other than the original exhaust they can do you. Its down to the descretion of the officer/mot station.

UNLESS the exhaust is an optional extra bought from the manufacturers. Sounds bollox but this is what ive been told by mot stations.

Seems like you got unlucky and they were out to get you one way or another.

Official advise from vosa to me was if you get in a car, start it up and think 'fuck me thats loud' Then its a fail.. if not pass and advise..
Gareth F

15th Jul 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm odd because that was the feedback i found from 4 different (unconnected) mot stations down here. Getting strick down this way.
Mattb

15th Jul 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is down to the tester at the end of the day, the above to me was advise from a vosa official
Gareth F

15th Jul 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm police + vosa visited each station and asked them to tighten up what they let through.
Warren G

15th Jul 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all bullshit, say rear lights have been changed

as for exhaust, what aload of crap - surely it should be too loud, i would of refused to take it on basics they didnt have a db meter there and it passed an mot one month ago

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got pulled over for... [Defective Form Pics] 22 database queries in 0.0140059 seconds