corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa haters

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa haters
SportBoy

User status: Offline
6th Jul 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let nic be an admin ...
Jambo

IIRC Ians thoughts are with the fact we differ from other forums in the layout aspect and prefer it being simpler, and from memory AON is just as much of a PITA as Cliosport/Migweb etc. Busy maybe, but that doesnt mean its better.
Colin

People just share their experiences as far as I can see.

You do get some idiots come on saying alright guys, just bought a corsa for £50.....planning to spend 10k doing it up.

You've just got to tell them its probably not an idea!!
corsaadzy

if you got something nice to sa say it if not dont simples(squeak)
Jambo

6th Jul 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaadzy
if you got something nice to sa say it if not dont simples(squeak)

Constructive critiscism is welcome and expected on an adult chat forum tbh.
SportBoy

6th Jul 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get ya tits out jambo
SAL
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fully agree that times have changed, but when I owned my B and C they where the best thing I could ever own, lucky for me corsasport at the time was corsa orrientated "sp"

Im saying genaral chat on here needs to be split, that is all

I no the car chat section will be busy, but It will keep the haters in that section and the people who love there B's in the corsa section to chat about others in the same car/s
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get shit loads of people viewing the thread on my car and the stuff that happens. yet stray out of projects and just get slated for having a corsa. its a complete joke and a waste of a forum half the time.

i posted up a while ago about selling my car for about 7k. all i got in response was from people that have no idea what it is, what it costs, what it takes to do whatever that i would be lucky to get 2k. same goes today with a thread about selling a car.

i genuinely feel that half the time, if i wanted to say something about a thread in general chat involving corsas etc, i waste my time by typing it, then general dont bother posting it.

i made a post about thinking about doing track days. people slated the fact that i wanted to. people slag me and my vehicle off all the time saying it never goes round corners. how the fuck do i drive to work you fuckin moron? a track day isnt a competition. you dont need the most awesome handling mega expensive car to have fun. as thats all a track day is. fun. yet someone suggests doing one in a corsa, people slate it. and this is a corsa forum. built around corsas.

nevermind. guess its too much to hope for that people actually pay an interest to the basis of what this forum is "supposed" to stand for.
corsaadzy

6th Jul 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(Y)
Jambo

6th Jul 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you say people Nic, do you mean John?!
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
People just share their experiences as far as I can see.

You do get some idiots come on saying alright guys, just bought a corsa for £50.....planning to spend 10k doing it up.

You've just got to tell them its probably not an idea!!

why isnt it? ive spent that. i dont regret any of it. its a hobby a past-time. ive learned so much from doing what ive done that you just dont learn by going out and buying a 10k car and putting some wheels on it and a flashed map off t'internet.

its not your money.
SAL
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

It aint all about John, even when I joined many moons ago I thought this furom was full of dicks ! Honestly, some poeple where so hyped up about nothing. Ok so now iv been on here a few years its the norm

BUT for CS sake, the forum needs more corsa focus
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I paid £5k for my GSi & spent a further £6k on it.

I got £2.5k when I came to sell it 20months later. Thats probably why I tell folk its not a good idea!!

I dont really slate them or call them shit though. I think there generally a good wee car & look pretty nice when done right.
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

john as in the one from scotland? he is just miserable.
Rick Draper

6th Jul 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What BMW should i buy? Any ideas?
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bad example of what i mean on here lately

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=565930&page=1

imagine that thread yet the exhaust and video done on a corsa? that would get slated to hell.

to me for an every day road car, thats too loud. yet i refused to say that in the thread and had to resort to asking about db levels for fear of anti corsasport police kicking off that i suggested something non corsa wasnt very good.
SportBoy

6th Jul 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
What BMW should i buy? Any ideas?

m3 .. why dont you make a thread?

[Edited on 06-07-2010 by SportBoy]
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i get shit loads of people viewing the thread on my car and the stuff that happens. yet stray out of projects and just get slated for having a corsa. its a complete joke and a waste of a forum half the time.

i posted up a while ago about selling my car for about 7k. all i got in response was from people that have no idea what it is, what it costs, what it takes to do whatever that i would be lucky to get 2k. same goes today with a thread about selling a car.

i genuinely feel that half the time, if i wanted to say something about a thread in general chat involving corsas etc, i waste my time by typing it, then general dont bother posting it.

i made a post about thinking about doing track days. people slated the fact that i wanted to. people slag me and my vehicle off all the time saying it never goes round corners. how the fuck do i drive to work you fuckin moron? a track day isnt a competition. you dont need the most awesome handling mega expensive car to have fun. as thats all a track day is. fun. yet someone suggests doing one in a corsa, people slate it. and this is a corsa forum. built around corsas.

nevermind. guess its too much to hope for that people actually pay an interest to the basis of what this forum is "supposed" to stand for.

£7k is a lot of money for a 1.2 8v Corsa though. It would have to be fucking MINT and have a GSI kit and Speedlines for that.
Cole

6th Jul 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was on this site 5 yrs before i even owned a corsa i was 27 when i got my 1st corsa i only used this site because i liked the way it was layed out the people on here the banter i dont see hwy it has to be all about corsas every car site will be the same people talking about different models of cars thats the norm imho.

[Edited on 06-07-2010 by Cole]
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand your need for humour wayne and trying to be witty on the internet. fair enough.

i think its because i am making this post that nobody will take it seriously and feel the need to "banter" it to death. if it was say "ian" that made it, the responses wouldnt be the same.

the point is for people that only read the last post. a corsa site, based around corsas, seems to have a constant gang of members that go out of their way to put down anything corsas related. and i feel this is a shame. and perhaps why this site will never evolve from anything other than several subsections of off day with different names.

well done on winning at pvs with the stand. shame new people who arrive on here will have to put up with constantly being told how crap and waste of money corsas are. even if there were some stunners on the stand.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh nic if its that big a problem then some IT boffin member needs to create a similar site which all us corsa haters can migrate to in a single movement & get on with whatever it is we do so wrong on here.

Im not interested in Corsa's anymore the same sense that im not interested in lego or action man anymore...............all 3 are things ive now stopped playing with, however good they were at the time there not as interesting any more.

Members have moved on, the sites maybe whats not moved with them.
Cole

6th Jul 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are right though barnes it is a select few people that slate everything about corsas
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not move everyone thats not activly driving a corsa to weekend racer & make that a general car website.....not a track orientated one?
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
tbh nic if its that big a problem then some IT boffin member needs to create a similar site which all us corsa haters can migrate to in a single movement & get on with whatever it is we do so wrong on here.

Im not interested in Corsa's anymore the same sense that im not interested in lego or action man anymore...............all 3 are things ive now stopped playing with, however good they were at the time there not as interesting any more.

Members have moved on, the sites maybe whats not moved with them.

well if you are not interested, why kick up such a fuss about money if someone wants to do whatever to a corsa? if you are not interested, dont pass judgement and comment. offday is there for a reason.
Cole

6th Jul 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day why should people that have been on this site for donkeys yrs move to another site i personally have made a lot of good freinds from here and i wont be leaving anytime soon as im usre the likes of others i.e colin ak ojc stevew vxr its not just about corsas its the atmosphere of this site we all like

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa haters 22 database queries in 0.3927512 seconds