corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Glacier White Corsa Sport

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Glacier White Corsa Sport
Norcy91

User status: Offline
24th Aug 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A new toy got delivered this morning! 1 brand new 3" Sportex back box

Spent some time this morning battling in the heavy rain to fit it, plenty of hard work and swearing made it fit just nicely. More picture will follow when its all properly adjusted etc.
Norcy91

14th Oct 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well then, its been a loooong time since i last updated!

A couple of days ago i went on a 200 mile round trip to pick up a fairly cheap set of Irmscher Softstars. They're in need of a respray because of a bit of kerbing and some paint flaking off, probably benefit more from a refurb but moneys tight at the minute and a respray is cheaper!

So i fitted them the night i got back to see what they looked like and decided to keep them on, theres a tiny bit of arch rubbing over some bumps etc, but i think the arches were modified by the lad who had the car before me because it was so low!

What do people think then? Picture quality isn't great as i only had my iPhone handy, but do people think they should stay black or a different colour? I'm thinking just standard alloy wheel silver but opinions are needed!

Hopefully a few more changes will be on the way as well!
Norcy91

14th Oct 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now i've seen the picture in the post you can't even see the wheels very well! haha, maybe i'll have to find the proper camera and get some better ones tomorrow
madcorsakid

14th Oct 10 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont like the black alloys with the white car better off with white alloys
Norcy91

14th Oct 10 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in two minds about them, the picture doesn't do them justice at all, but im probably just going to get them done silver
vaux.dan

15th Oct 10 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

star silver! they'll look mint
MarkSport

15th Oct 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prefer the casero's if im honest
Norcy91

15th Oct 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
prefer the casero's if im honest

Yeah i do think these are a little too big really, but they could make everything look completely different in another colour. I'll probably get them painted silver, see what i think, then if i don't like them i'll just look for another set of cesaro's probably
MarkSport

15th Oct 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happened to your originals?
Norcy91

15th Oct 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brothers got them on his Nova GSi, could probably get them back off him but i fancied something different anyway
12valver

15th Oct 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks stunning, love white sports! Dya wanna swap? I quite like the new wheels, cant wait to see better pics...
Norcy91

15th Oct 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i like the wheels, but i don't at the same time ha... they catch a little bit on the front arch plastics but not too much, maybe i need 195/40 tyres instead of 195/45's.. either that or i'll just get some 15" wheels again ha. I'll get some better pictures up this weekend if i get chance
SAS-1991

16th Oct 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
you have to own the car a year before you can do scrappage scheme anyway

Its a swappage scheme, not scrappage.. only need to own the car 90 days and only has to be over 7 years old

And fair enough SAS, you did keep it in good condition so i had doubts you'd of painted it like that ha. Yeah im definitely gunna look after it, goes really nicely with the new lump in it and if its ever going up for sale i'll make sure you get the first choice on it

Ye sure mate!!

Ill have it back anyday!! Biggest mistake sellin that!! ha!
Norcy91

16th Oct 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, what you driving now like? And i don't suppose you know anyone selling any cesaro's or cav slabs do you?
cjohnson

16th Oct 10 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatt??! Noo! Get the cesaros back on man!! Used to be my mates car, was perfect on the cesaros and the height he had it! .

He never modded the arches either btw mate, no need with correct offset rims! Softstarts should be same offset??

EDIT: Oh I see your talking to him already Norcy lmao!

[Edited on 16-10-2010 by cjohnson]
SAS-1991

16th Oct 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Haha, what you driving now like? And i don't suppose you know anyone selling any cesaro's or cav slabs do you?

Got a 05 astra van now mate!

Erm no i dont mate, but ye i prefered the cesaros!! but each to there own! lol still lookin good!!
Norcy91

17th Oct 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cjohnson
Whatt??! Noo! Get the cesaros back on man!! Used to be my mates car, was perfect on the cesaros and the height he had it! .

He never modded the arches either btw mate, no need with correct offset rims! Softstarts should be same offset??

EDIT: Oh I see your talking to him already Norcy lmao!

[Edited on 16-10-2010 by cjohnson]

Yeah im looking for another set of cesaro's now mate! Me and my brother are sure the arches have been modded because they look like they've been rolled a bit. Yeah the offsets the same, think they need 195/40 tyres instead of 45s though. I'd prefer another set of 15s for it anyway, the ride is way too bumpy with the softstars on and i just don't like driving it now i have them on!
Norcy91

17th Oct 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SAS-1991
quote:

Got a 05 astra van now mate!

Erm no i dont mate, but ye i prefered the cesaros!! but each to there own! lol still lookin good!!

You go through your cars mate! haha, yeah i prefer the cesaro's actually, im gunna borrow my brothers nova gsi wheels till i find some replacements for the softstars as i've gone off them already
Norcy91

19th Oct 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then, the Irmscher Softstars have gone, currently using my brothers set of Nova Gsi 14s (pictures to come), sits rather low now! I've got another set of Cesaro's waiting to go on, but first i need to get them powdercoated and get them some decent rubber...

What colour do you all think i should get the Cesaro's powdercoated? I've already had white, i did like them but i fancy a change.

And what tyres do you all recommend? Im going to get 195/45s and i've been looking at Yoko S Drives and Uniroyal Rainsports, but to be honest i don't have a clue about tyres! I don't want anything too expensive, but i don't want ditch finders either haha
jamie-rfc

19th Oct 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have handcooks on my corsa n they seem to very gd in all weathers mate 65 a corner mate
corsaadzy

20th Oct 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

encourage ur bro to have the softstars on his car and get the cesaros back mate thy look tidier .. or resray te new ones white tht might look good
Norcy91

20th Oct 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The softstars have gone, i swapped them with a lad from Newcastle for a set of Cesaro's. Just waiting to get them powdercoated and saving up for a decent set of tyres and they'll be back on the car!
Kev_GSI

21st Oct 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it
Norcy91

21st Oct 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate! Got a few things to do to it over the next few weeks. Picking some Calibra leathers up on sunday, need to get my new Cesaro's back on it, then just a couple of bits of body work to sort out and buy a powerbox off ebay!
Norcy91

13th Jul 11 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not updated this in a looong time!

Got a V6 Brake set up sitting waiting to go on, also a decat pipe and quickshift kit. Might get a centre silencer for it to quieten it down.

Also got a powerbox, enclosed filter and the bodywork to sort out!

Now has Cesaro's back on it, they're black at the minute but toying with the idea of getting them powder coated white.

I'll get some new pictures of it soon when i decide i can be bothered to wash it again

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Glacier White Corsa Sport 23 database queries in 0.0166731 seconds