corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road rants for today

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road rants for today
GTM

User status: Offline
27th Jul 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
My number one is people who suddenly stop, then indicate "as they turn" into a side road

idicate before u get there you twat that's what indicators are bloody for!!

Fuckin daily, does my nut in, usualy old people fucks me rite off
SteveoBC
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jambo just brought up another one the people who as they turn into a side road reeeeeaaally slowly not thinking of others and leaving the arse of ther car hanging out.......tossers

and a new one people who go at least 10mph slower than the posted speed limit, cant stand people doing 40 in a 50 even though they drive past like 3 speed signs telling them and wonder why im right behind them- check the speed sign u arse!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just read through all of them and there is some r8 crackers lmao!

The one where people in a 30 zone get up your arse then back off then there back your arse! It does my heading so much!!!

And the middle lane one on the motorway,flippin hell

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
mwg

27th Jul 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone that disagrees or feels aggrieved by any manoeuvres that I may perform. I am always in the right when I'm driving even when I'm wrong and the sooner other people learn this the better

[Edited on 27-07-2010 by mwg]
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
the sooner other people learn this the better

[Edited on 27-07-2010 by mwg]

Lol love it

GTM

27th Jul 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came to a roundabout, person to the left of me pulled out i slammed my breaks on she opens the window and shouts "your meant to fuckin wait mate!"

too rite you fat bitch!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After the amount of driving I've been doing recently I've learned to take all this in my stride

I find a lot of the time you can get an idea of who is gonna do what, certain cars in certain situations etc.

I actually realised that the summer holidays had started last week by judging traffic. I hadn't heard anything about it but I got on the M62 Monday of last week and it was blindingly obvious because all the eejits that only ever drive a 2 mile journey to work and back are suddenly invading the motorway environment and it's so obvious because they haven't got the slightest clue as to how a motorway works. Despite driving up a dual carriageway to work everyday of the year bar weekends, they cannot comprehend how a motorway works in the same way but just has an extra lane in most cases.

I'm also getting used to the fact that fun roads are greatly frequented by people whom have no comprehension of the fact that they can exceed 50 mph and that they don't have to slow down to 30 mph every time there is the slightest kink in the road. This means there is generally little fun to be had on what should be fun roads, the plus point is tho, when you find a numptyless fun road you can have a bit of fun, which is even more fun because it was unexpected
jacko198

27th Jul 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went up to the lakes on Friday.

Was on the M6 doing 70 on in traffic in the outside lane overtaking still overtaking people. Then a twat in a Jag comes flying up behind me flashing his lights and with his indicator on to try and get me to move over I just waved and carried on.

What pisses me off is why he bloody did it! Dont know wether he was expecting me to move, then the next car and so on. Next thing i know he is bombing it down a clearing in the slow lane, cutting into the middle, then flying into the fast lane causing everyone to whack on there brakes. Tit!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

27th Jul 10 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198

I just waved and carried on.

sc0ott

27th Jul 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:
quote:
another thing i fucking hate is when a two lane 70mph road merges into an one lane (because of a entry slip road thingy thing) and you have a slow lorry in one lane and another next to it to stop everyone over taking it and then at the last minute the lorry in the slow lane would let the other in front. this causes huge fucking tail backs the size of my dick near enough.

[Edited on 27-07-2010 by sc0ott]

why would a 2 inch tailback annoy you??

how did you know

there's a thread about it in premium lounge

You aren't meant to discuss premium threads with non premium members.

i am a premium member. i just decided not to have the avatar, search function, signature, green thing in the name etc etc benefits
Corsa_Sport21

27th Jul 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
another thing i fucking hate is when a two lane 70mph road merges into an one lane (because of a entry slip road thingy thing) and you have a slow lorry in one lane and another next to it to stop everyone over taking it and then at the last minute the lorry in the slow lane would let the other in front. this causes huge fucking tail backs the size of my dick near enough.

how did you know

i am a premium member. i just decided not to have the avatar, search function, signature, green thing in the name etc etc benefits

But you still have the search function.
sc0ott

27th Jul 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

how did you know

where?
Jambo

28th Jul 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst I agree the jag owner is a twat with traffic ahead of you the problem basically stems not only from captain slow doing 70mph in everyones way but it is compounded by Johnny no balls behind him who won't make him get out the way, then everyone stacks up behind him and goes into "traffic/sheep" mode where nobody seems to have any urgency drives purely by the car infront gets their phone out etc etc
pow
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198

Was on the M6 doing 70 on in traffic in the outside lane overtaking still overtaking people. Then a twat in a Jag comes flying up behind me flashing his lights and with his indicator on to try and get me to move over I just waved and carried on.

What pisses me off is why he bloody did it! Dont know wether he was expecting me to move, then the next car and so on. Next thing i know he is bombing it down a clearing in the slow lane, cutting into the middle, then flying into the fast lane causing everyone to whack on there brakes. Tit!

I like closing the gap between you and the car in front when you see someone coming up the middle lane with a plan to do this, they get sooo annoyed

The other one is when your overtaking traffic at a steady 80-85, no reason for you to move over and some twat in a BMW or Audi comes up behind you at 3 figures flashing you out the way... Like fuck am I moving when I'm in the OVERTAKING lane for a reason.

My real gripe is 40 in a 60 > 40 in a 30.
JaffaTB

28th Jul 10 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate people who immediately slow down to 30 when they see a 30 coming up, why not just coast down to 30?
Daimo B

28th Jul 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you close the gap?

I hate this, this shows tosser drivers. Esp when im trying to pull out from a sliproad and the tosser on the inside lane puts his foot down to beat me and squeeze me out.

FFS im trying to join the motorway, and i'll always be faster than you, thats why your in the inside lane.

I hate people that try to squeeze you out from pulling out too. 1 car isn't going to make your journey any longer, and im indicating to let you know im pulling out. Why squeeze, its going to add about .5 of a second to your trip.

Thats a huge ego problem these peopel have.

Must.... Not.... Allow.... Anyone.... In.. Front... Of.... Me... Egooo. huggee...
K2 GTi

28th Jul 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old drivers or pricks who brake at every country lane corner! Happened after I already posted my rant earlier on
pow
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Why do you close the gap?

I hate this, this shows tosser drivers. Esp when im trying to pull out from a sliproad and the tosser on the inside lane puts his foot down to beat me and squeeze me out.

FFS im trying to join the motorway, and i'll always be faster than you, thats why your in the inside lane.

I hate people that try to squeeze you out from pulling out too. 1 car isn't going to make your journey any longer, and im indicating to let you know im pulling out. Why squeeze, its going to add about .5 of a second to your trip.

Thats a huge ego problem these peopel have.

Must.... Not.... Allow.... Anyone.... In.. Front... Of.... Me... Egooo. huggee...

Errm that's just plain dangerous, I mean when you are going down the outside lane at a consistant speed and some cunt 15 cars behind has just endangered the whole of the motorway by diving across 2/3 lanes, undertakes a load of people then comes hammering up the inside for the gap in front of you. This is usually done while on the phone and without indication. I like to close that gap up
All Torque

28th Jul 10 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, who pulls to the left a little to allow bikers past? I do, but I really dislike bikers hanging around in car blindspots Some of my biker friends say they only overtake when they see the driver make eye contact with them in the mirror. IMO thats the way it should be done, a little patience goes a long way.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
I hate people who immediately slow down to 30 when they see a 30 coming up, why not just coast down to 30?

happens EVERY time at a 30 sign near my mum and dads, they slam on the second they are touching distance of the sign, you'd think there was a speed camera behind it with the way they brake
Daimo B

28th Jul 10 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Also, who pulls to the left a little to allow bikers past? I do, but I really dislike bikers hanging around in car blindspots Some of my biker friends say they only overtake when they see the driver make eye contact with them in the mirror. IMO thats the way it should be done, a little patience goes a long way.

Don't start me off on bad bikerrs Some right cock ends out there.

Pow, ahhh but if he's gone 15 cars up the inside of you, the question has to be asked, why are you all in the outside lane, if the inside 2 lanes are free?

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by Daimo B]
mwg

28th Jul 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does it always have to be a BMW or Audi driver anyway? Every car brand is as bad as each other for it. I think its just people get envy about BMWs, Audis, Mercs etc. so they are the ones that stick in peoples minds.
3CorsaMeal

28th Jul 10 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to drive stress free you have to become one of these selfish inconsiderate drivers, its the only way to win

i reckon i have left a lot of people swearing and angry with me makes me feel better
Corsa_Sport21

28th Jul 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

how did you know

where?

Top of the page.Wee pic of a microscope with search written under it.
pow
Premium Member

28th Jul 10 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
quote:
Originally posted by All Torque

Don't start me off on bad bikerrs Some right cock ends out there.

Pow, ahhh but if he's gone 15 cars up the inside of you, the question has to be asked, why are you all in the outside lane, if the inside 2 lanes are free?

[Edited on 28-07-2010 by Daimo B]

Because I want to move at a speed that is greater than the traffic in the inside lanes? You know what happens, they see a little gap in the inside lane and woosh, they are into that, dodging between the middle and inside lane undertaking traffic. When this "luck" runs out, they make back for the outside lane!

I always pull over to allow bikers through, no point holding them up! But the ones that HANG in your C pillar with their beam right in your mirror piss me off.

The other thing I do on the motorway is give a signal if it's safe to do so to show the biker I've seen them coming and I'm gunna be aware of them till they over/undertake.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road rants for today 23 database queries in 0.0415680 seconds